TWO PLAYERS THAT WOULD BOOST CITY IN JANUARY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:35 pm

Two players Cardiff City should sign on loan in January – including this out-of-favour Chelsea defender
By Audrick Kramer

Monday 24th September 2018

Cardiff City were one of the top teams in the Championship last season and finished 2nd behind Wolverhampton Wanderers, which guaranteed them automatic promotion to the Premier League. However, the Bluebirds have struggled to hit the ground running in the English top-flight.

Neil Warnock’s side has failed to raise their game to the next level to match the immensely competitive nature of the Premier League and Cardiff currently sit 17th, with only two points from their first six games.

Cardiff are yet to register their first win of the ongoing season. They showed plenty of character in the 3-2 defeat at the hands of Arsenal and took the lead against Chelsea but eventually slumped to a 4-1 defeat. They played well in the 0-0 draw against Huddersfield Town but did not do enough on the day to pick up all three points.

At times, the team has lacked intent and they have been outplayed by the opposition. Although they have shown the desire to compete, they clearly do not have enough quality to survive in the Premier League.

Here are two players Cardiff could sign on loan in January:-

1. Emerson Palmieri
The Italian moved to Stamford Bridge from Serie A club Roma earlier in January this year but has struggled to establish himself as a regular in the starting line-up. The 24-year-old made a total of 5 appearances across all competitions for the Blues last season but is yet to feature in a single matchday squad under new manager Maurizio Sarri.

The Italian can contribute to the attack and the defence with equal efficiency. A flying, offensive-minded full-back, Emerson is blessed with a sound technique which allows him to excel on both ends of the pitch. Not only he is adept at reading the game and making strong challenges at the back but he can also use his agility and dribbling skills to weave his way past the defenders. A good crosser of the ball, he has shown the ability to find the target man in the box with his crosses.

The Italian is unlikely to receive adequate game time this season and Cardiff should try to sign him on loan.

2. Callum Hudson-Odoi
The 17-year-old is one of the most exciting young prospects in Chelsea’s ranks and had an impressive pre-season under Maurizio Sarri. However, with the likes of Eden Hazard, Willian and Pedro in the squad, the youngster is unlikely to break into the first-team picture anytime soon.

A player defined by agility, sharpness, raw pace and dribbling, Hudson-Odoi has the ability to bring in energy to the attack. He has already established himself as a regular for England at youth levels and should flourish when given regular minutes.
Attachments
Palmeri.jpg
Palmeri.jpg (54.4 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
Odoi.jpg
Odoi.jpg (5.85 KiB) Viewed 2993 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: TWO PLAYERS THAT WOULD BOOST CITY IN JANUARY

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:27 am

Ethan Ampadu ( loan )

Shane Long ( buy )

These two...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:44 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Ethan Ampadu ( loan )

Shane Long ( buy )

These two...

Long's scoring recond aint good mate
bluebirdoct1962

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:50 am

Shane Long ( buy )

These two...

Ampadu would be a good shout but Shane Long?
No goals this season, 2 in 30 games last season and 3 in 32 the season before and 2 assists in that time! Give or take.
A great workhorse but not the goal scorer that we need.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 am

We wont get f all in January apart from what Tan wants us to get, he will be sat in Malaysia with a cat on his lap like Dr Fecking evil saying "Billions of Dollars".

If he had any interest in us making a go of the PL he would have showed more trust in Warnock and spent a bit more. :bluebird:

World class young prospects wont want to come to us simple as that
1980s Bluebird

Postby City Slicker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:24 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:We wont get f all in January apart from what Tan wants us to get, he will be sat in Malaysia with a cat on his lap like Dr Fecking evil saying "Billions of Dollars".

If he had any interest in us making a go of the PL he would have showed more trust in Warnock and spent a bit more. :bluebird:

Great post but also January is a poor time to do business (as we found to our cost last season).
City Slicker

Postby Bonner » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 am

Hard to tell at the moment.. things change.. however def a striker and a midfielder and a defender wld not go a miss.. but Jan is so hard to get a good deal.
As for those slating Tan, need to realise he has kept us going for last few years.. he could of walked and left us in dire straights.. the bloke needs applauding.. one of our better owners.
Bonner

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:12 am

Depends where we are come January.
2blue2handle

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:19 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Shane Long ( buy )

These two...

No goals this season, 2 in 30 games last season and 3 in 32 the season before and 2 assists in that time! Give or take.

I didn't realise it was that bad!!!

I've changed my mind... we go for Zlatan.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:43 am

City Slicker wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:We wont get f all in January apart from what Tan wants us to get, he will be sat in Malaysia with a cat on his lap like Dr Fecking evil saying "Billions of Dollars".

Great post but also January is a poor time to do business (as we found to our cost last season).

Not really, is it? :?

I think certain people are beginning to forget exactly where we are in our development as a club since the dark days of not so long ago!

I think Vincent Tan has great 'faith' in Neil Warnock (as do most fans) and as someone else explained in another thread, the money received in the initial phase(s) of our somewhat surprising but to be enjoyed for what it is promotion to the Premier League is not enough to see us 'self-sufficient' once the remaining debt and the real running costs of being there are weighed up!

It is not in Vincent Tan's own interests to 'take the Premier League money and run' at this particular time and (so I'm told) there was money available for a 'decent' striker but the club were let down by more than one target over the summer window

Is that Vincent Tan (or maybe his cat's) fault? :?

I guess the answer to that will suit the individual's agenda; but the simple fact is that as Premier League 'new boys' (forget Wolves due to their risky but affluent strategy) who were immediately installed as favourites for relegation, we were always going to be up against it when it came to the 'better' players with (at least some) Premier League experience...and that is how it appears to have turned out with our only 'experienced' man being Bournemouth loanee Harry Arter

Under the circumstances and according to the more negative, City appear to be on a 'hiding to nothing' this season and that is exactly why a manager with the man management skills of Neil Warnock might just be the difference. He has 'improved' players for many years and (Man City apart) there have been signs of that in every game this season so far

If he can get the players to cut out the individual errors (and maybe pass the ball to our own rather than the opposition more often) then we will surely start collecting a few points as we go along

We all knew this would be a tough league and we (as a club) would have to build slowly and somewhat hope for year one survival and so it has turned out; but to put it all on Vincent Tan shows a certain lack of appreciation of where we were, where we are now and (maybe more importantly) how we got there!

As 2blue2handle says, the January window spending will come down to where we are positioned :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am

Bonner wrote:Hard to tell at the moment.. things change.. however def a striker and a midfielder and a defender wld not go a miss.. but Jan is so hard to get a good deal.
As for those slating Tan, need to realise he has kept us going for last few years.. he could of walked and left us in dire straights.. the bloke needs applauding.. one of our better owners.

Your quite correct he has kept us going but do you really think that he as a business man who owns three other clubs gives a f**k about Cardiff City or do you think it is more about his business reputation?

Don't get me wrong he has put money in but so does anyone who does not want a business to collapse, if he wanted us to be successful in football he would have showed faith in NW A LOT MORE. He wants to be able to present a business model that he can get rid off and to a potential suitor he can say he you go you will have so many years of parachute payments aswell as the business if you buy it.......Step forth the same situation the Jacks are in now.

If we stay up he can sell if we go down he can sell, dont be fooled in thinking he gives a feck about Cardiff City, you and I and many others will still be here in years to come hopefully, he wont be and will not check our results every time we paly like we do no matter where in the world we are :bluebird:

#CityTillIDie
Last edited by 1980s Bluebird on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
1980s Bluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Shane Long ( buy )

These two...

I didn't realise it was that bad!!!

I've changed my mind... we go for Zlatan.

:thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:48 am

Sven wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I think certain people are beginning to forget exactly where we are in our development as a club since the dark days of not so long ago!

I think Vincent Tan has great 'faith' in Neil Warnock (as do most fans) and as someone else explained in another thread, the money received in the initial phase(s) of our somewhat surprising but to be enjoyed for what it is promotion to the Premier League is not enough to see us 'self-sufficient' once the remaining debt and the real running costs of being there are weighed up!

It is not in Vincent Tan's own interests to 'take the Premier League money and run' at this particular time and (so I'm told) there was money available for a 'decent' striker but the club were let down by more than one target over the summer window

I guess the answer to that will suit the individual's agenda; but the simple fact is that as Premier League 'new boys' (forget Wolves due to their risky but affluent strategy) who were immediately installed as favourites for relegation, we were always going to be up against it when it came to the 'better' players with (at least some) Premier League experience...and that is how it appears to have turned out with our only 'experienced' man being Bournemouth loanee Harry Arter

Under the circumstances and according to the more negative, City appear to be on a 'hiding to nothing' this season and that is exactly why a manager with the man management skills of Neil Warnock might just be the difference. He has 'improved' players for many years and (Man City apart) there have been signs of that in every game this season so far

If he can get the players to cut out the individual errors (and maybe pass the ball to our own rather than the opposition more often) then we will surely start collecting a few points as we go along

We all knew this would be a tough league and we (as a club) would have to build slowly and somewhat hope for year one survival and so it has turned out; but to put it all on Vincent Tan shows a certain lack of appreciation of where we were, where we are now and (maybe more importantly) how we got there!

As 2blue2handle says, the January window spending will come down to where we are positioned :thumbright: :ayatollah:

No surprise there is there really so you must be right :roll:
1980s Bluebird

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:00 am

‘Article’ written by a cardiff based Chelsea fan who has suddenly taken an interest in us now we’re premier league
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:43 pm

We certainly need reinforcements in January but it's hard to identify good players who'd be available and willing to sign if we're still struggling a bit.
Unless we're going to trawl the Championship I can only think that we might have to look abroad. Let's hope Sir Neil has got his scouts working on that which, even though I know he dislikes the idea of imports, I imagine he must have .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Blueboys1927 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Most big PL sides won't let good young prospects out on loan to teams that are sure to be battling relegation all season. Loosing is a bad habit, they would prefer them in a winning U23 squad of their own, winning each week, breeding good habits :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby HarriRhys22 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:23 pm

The people who keep hammering Tan obviously haven’t been supporting the club for long! Tan has been the best owner we’ve had since I’ve supported the club in 1959.We’ve had two promotions to the top league and a Wembley final in his time,the most success the club have achieved since the 1920’! He’s given Warnock £40m + in his two years and although his motivation of players and promotion to the Premier League was outstanding his success in the transfer market is poor. None of his big money signings Tomlin,Madine,Smithies,Cunningham,Bogle and even Reid,Ward and Murphy have really established themselves yet as automatic first team players.His free transfers Etheridge,Hoilett and Bamba have been outstanding and his loan players Arter and the Spanish guy have been excellent but like Malky and Ole if Tan gives Warnock say £50m in January would he find the right players to keep use in the Premier League? If I was Tan I’d tell him to bring in 2 Premier League Loan players like Arter that we can get rid if necessary in the Summer and perhaps one permanent top Championship player to keep?
HarriRhys22

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 pm

the transfer strategy will clearly depend on where we are in the table. if we have a decent chance of survival i can see us spending big. if we are a little adrift, it might just be prudent to keep more of the cash for the summer.

that said, there are always deals to be done.
northernbluebird

Postby Gaynor Straight » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Gary Cahill would do nicely
Gaynor Straight

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Bonner wrote:Hard to tell at the moment.. things change.. however def a striker and a midfielder and a defender wld not go a miss.. but Jan is so hard to get a good deal.

Agree,the man has kept the sharks at bay,some posters on here saying "he said if we had blue back,then no more money"where has the money come from for the last few years? And the estimated 30m set this year? Don't think it was anybody else pumping their millions into the club,viva Vincent Tan!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Boat as sailed shipmates. We are fuc....... sunk for this season. Plastics get your life boats read!!

Our tranasfer business in summer was lacking. I trust warnock though, just enjoy the ride and scenery this season. Next season back to Tuesday night football in championship.
BlueMoon1974

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Sven wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

+ 1

Quite right - Excellent Posting !
SirJimmySchoular

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:26 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Gary Cahill would do nicely

Yes he is not happy at Chelsea at the moment - wants 1st team football in whichever way it was reported last week .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat