NOT GOOD: " LEE PELTIER INJURY UPDATE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Lee Peltier: Cardiff City defender suffers long-term shoulder injury
From the sectionCardiff

Sunday 23rd September 2018

Cardiff City defender Lee Peltier is facing "a few months" out after dislocating his shoulder.

The right-back suffered the injury during the Bluebirds' 5-0 drubbing at home by Manchester City on Saturday.

Peltier was starting only his second Premier League game of the season, having lost his place in the team to Bruno Ecuele Manga.

"He dislocated it I think. That sort of compounded the afternoon really," said Cardiff manager Neil Warnock.

"I think he'll be out for a few months. That'll leave us a bit thin but hey-ho."

Peltier was replaced by Wales international Jazz Richards in the second half against reigning champions City.

Cardiff's other option at right-back is Ecuele Manga, who is naturally a centre-back but had started four matches at right-back before reverting to central defence on Saturday.
Attachments
Lee Peltier.jpg
Lee Peltier.jpg (39.96 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LEE PELTIER INJURY UPDATE

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Quick question: If out for a long while, are we allowed to replace him in the 25-man squad? :? :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Charlie Harper » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Sven wrote:Quick question: If out for a long while, are we allowed to replace him in the 25-man squad? :? :ayatollah:

Don't think so as we cant replace Mendez either.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Charlie Harper » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Sven wrote:Quick question: If out for a long while, are we allowed to replace him in the 25-man squad? :? :ayatollah:

Perhaps it should say in January we can change the 25 I believe.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:

Perhaps it should say in January we can change the 25 I believe.

Yes, January I understand but wasn't sure how it went for 'long-term' injuries before that? :thumbright:
Sven

Re: NOT GOOD: " LEE PELTIER INJURY UPDATE "

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Lee Peltier / Aron Gunnarsson & Mendez-Laing are all out injured.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 pm

What would be the point of it if you can just change players?

The whole point of it is to help give youth players a chance.
Llan_Blue

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:What would be the point of it if you can just change players?

I've seen squad players 'replaced' in major tournaments and just asked the question because I was unsure ;)
Sven

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Sven wrote:

I've seen squad players 'replaced' in major tournaments and just asked the question because I was unsure ;)

You haven’t seen any squad players get replaced during major tournaments at all.

Once a squad is named and the deadlines past that’s it.
Llan_Blue

Postby Bluebird Always » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 pm

So.
We have a '22' man squad now!
No Mendez Lang. No Gunnerson and now No Peltier!
Bluebird Always

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Bluebird Always wrote:So.

22 players is more than enough.

We still have Jazz, Manga, Patterson who can play right back.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebird Always » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Having seen Manga's good performance at centre back yesterday, might be worth putting Patterson at right back?
Bluebird Always

Postby Valley Lad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Connolly?
Valley Lad

Postby northernbluebird » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 pm

it's a blessing in disguise - peltier has been great in the championship for us, and totally committed, but he is clearly out of his depth at this level.

i was shocked we didnt sign a right back this summer as paterson isn't really a right back, and so we don't have a direct replacement.
northernbluebird

Postby Carlossus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Really sorry for Peltier,he has been such a good servant to our club team and earned himself a crack at the premier, hope he recovers as soon as he possibly can.
Carlossus

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:27 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

You haven’t seen any squad players get replaced during major tournaments at all.

Yep, it's happened (maybe only for goalkeepers as it's turns out and I did say I was unsure ;) ) but I didn't reasonably expect you to do your homework before you waded in... ;) :laughing6:

"Outside the transfer window, a club may still sign players on an emergency basis, usually if they have no goalkeeper available. Special dispensation from their competition's governing body, for example the Premier League, is required. ... An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window."

Apparently, this can be related to 'outfield' players but the circumstances would have to be such that they are considered 'extraordinary'

Just to clarify:

Article
By The Mirror
New Premier League 25-man squad rules explained

What the new regulations mean for your club

Now the transfer window has shut, Premier League clubs must now decide on their 25-man squad for the coming season.

This is a new rule introduced this season to try to encourage the use of more home-grown players by top flight clubs with the long term aim of helping the development of the England team.

But how exactly do the new regulations work? Here's MirrorFootball's 10-point guide to help you through.

1) All Premier League clubs must submit a squad of up to 25 players, by 5pm on Wednesday, September 1.

2) Each 25-man squad must include at least eight 'home-grown' players.

3) The 'home-grown' players do not have to be English. According to the Premier League: "A home grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)." In practice this means that Cesc Fabregas, who joined Arsenal when he was 16, counts as one of the Gunners' home-grown quota.

4) In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under. This means that Manchester City's new £22.5m striker Mario Balotelli, who is just 20, does not need to be named in their 25-man squad. According to the Premier League: "An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010/11 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1989."

5) Clubs can make changes to their squad but only during transfer windows, so once submitted the clubs will be stuck with that squad until January. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as a goalkeeper crisis, can changes be made outside the window, and then only if the Premier League board approves the changes.

6) Once the transfer window opens again, there are no restrictions on how many changes clubs can make to their squads, so they can replace the entire 25 if they want to.

7) Even if a player is not named in the 25-man squad, they can still play in the FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League or Europa League.

8) Players from the 25-man squad cannot be replaced if they are loaned to Football League clubs, but can regain their spot in the group if they return to the parent club.

9) Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named.

10) Similarly, clubs do not have to name eight 'home-grown' players if they do not have enough, but this would mean submitting a reduced squad.

Seems pretty clear to me that 'squad replacements' are actually allowed but the 'exceptional circumstances' required for that to happen do not relate to anything currently happening at our club, which was all I wanted to know ;)
Sven

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am

Bluebird Always wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Having seen Manga's good performance at centre back yesterday, might be worth putting Patterson at right back?

I don't think we will see Patterson at right back under Warnock. Maybe wingback if we play 5 at the back but hopefully we wont as we always seem to struggle.
2blue2handle

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Sven wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Yep, it's happened (maybe only for goalkeepers as it's turns out and I did say I was unsure ;) ) but I didn't reasonably expect you to do your homework before you waded in... ;) :laughing6:

"Outside the transfer window, a club may still sign players on an emergency basis, usually if they have no goalkeeper available. Special dispensation from their competition's governing body, for example the Premier League, is required. ... An existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window."

Apparently, this can be related to 'outfield' players but the circumstances would have to be such that they are considered 'extraordinary'

Just to clarify:

Article
By The Mirror
New Premier League 25-man squad rules explained

What the new regulations mean for your club

Now the transfer window has shut, Premier League clubs must now decide on their 25-man squad for the coming season.

This is a new rule introduced this season to try to encourage the use of more home-grown players by top flight clubs with the long term aim of helping the development of the England team.

But how exactly do the new regulations work? Here's MirrorFootball's 10-point guide to help you through.

1) All Premier League clubs must submit a squad of up to 25 players, by 5pm on Wednesday, September 1.

2) Each 25-man squad must include at least eight 'home-grown' players.

3) The 'home-grown' players do not have to be English. According to the Premier League: "A home grown player is defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Welsh Football Association for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)." In practice this means that Cesc Fabregas, who joined Arsenal when he was 16, counts as one of the Gunners' home-grown quota.

4) In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under. This means that Manchester City's new £22.5m striker Mario Balotelli, who is just 20, does not need to be named in their 25-man squad. According to the Premier League: "An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010/11 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1989."

5) Clubs can make changes to their squad but only during transfer windows, so once submitted the clubs will be stuck with that squad until January. Only in exceptional circumstances, such as a goalkeeper crisis, can changes be made outside the window, and then only if the Premier League board approves the changes.

6) Once the transfer window opens again, there are no restrictions on how many changes clubs can make to their squads, so they can replace the entire 25 if they want to.

7) Even if a player is not named in the 25-man squad, they can still play in the FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League or Europa League.

8) Players from the 25-man squad cannot be replaced if they are loaned to Football League clubs, but can regain their spot in the group if they return to the parent club.

9) Clubs do not have to name a full squad of 25 if they do not have that many contracted players and in this case they can add free agents outside the transfer window. However if they have 25 eligible contracted players, they must be named.

10) Similarly, clubs do not have to name eight 'home-grown' players if they do not have enough, but this would mean submitting a reduced squad.

Seems pretty clear to me that 'squad replacements' are actually allowed but the 'exceptional circumstances' required for that to happen do not relate to anything currently happening at our club, which was all I wanted to know ;)

The Premier League isn’t a tournament.

What tournaments have you seen people replaced in a squad?
Llan_Blue

Return to General Chat