Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

whilstsitting on the toilet....

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 am

I watched in horror as Man City scored the first. 2 minutes passed, it was not only time that passed, I sat down with purpose and poise, it suddenly dawned on me. .. I wasn't watching Cardiff City :shock:

Oh how I laughed at the silliness of thinking Leicester City were Cardiff for over a minute on MOTD. I told my wife what happened and she had kenco running down her nostrils it was that funny. It really was, you'd had to of been there :lol:

Anyway, It got me thinking why I never cottoned on sooner. Is Leicester City the Cardiff City we could have been? exact same shirt/short combo with replica stadiums, it's uncanny. It's off my chest now.

good day to you

Re: whilstsitting on the toilet....

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:11 pm

:shock: WTF :lol:

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:08 pm

:? :shock:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:03 am

ThomasC wrote:I watched in horror as Man City scored the first. 2 minutes passed, it was not only time that passed, I sat down with purpose and poise, it suddenly dawned on me. .. I wasn't watching Cardiff City :shock:

Oh how I laughed at the silliness of thinking Leicester City were Cardiff for over a minute on MOTD. I told my wife what happened and she had kenco running down her nostrils it was that funny. It really was, you'd had to of been there :lol:

Anyway, It got me thinking why I never cottoned on sooner. Is Leicester City the Cardiff City we could have been? exact same shirt/short combo with replica stadiums, it's uncanny. It's off my chest now.

good day to you

Leicester were bottom at xmas in their 1st season in the prem..they then went on that remarkable run to safety and then the title the following season.i am absolutely convinced that is the strategy warnock & tan have planned together ;)

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:09 am

ThomasC wrote:I watched in horror as Man City scored the first. 2 minutes passed, it was not only time that passed, I sat down with purpose and poise, it suddenly dawned on me. .. I wasn't watching Cardiff City :shock:

good day to you

Well I'm pleased for you that you can mention football to your wife without getting the kenco chucked at you. You're a lucky chap in that respect I suppose.
That's by the by - I think you're being a bit negative in the comparison actually. Leicester are the team Cardiff can still be as long as we don't all wet ourselves at the shock of Manchester City and Chelses being quite good at playing football and a bit harder to beat than Barnsley .
If you want a team with the same colours which Cardiff might have been, try Peterborough. Unfortunately they've got real problems because they've had a chairman who really doesn't give them any money for players, or a manager who hasn't taken them into the Premiership despite lots of difficulties.
I should think they'd be very glad to be where we are, so it's not so bad really is it ?

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:33 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:

good day to you

Well I'm pleased for you that you can mention football to your wife without getting the kenco chucked at you. You're a lucky chap in that respect I suppose.

:lol: never thought of it like that. I'm a lucky lucky man :thumbup:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:37 am

neathbluebird wrote:

good day to you

Leicester were bottom at xmas in their 1st season in the prem..they then went on that remarkable run to safety and then the title the following season.i am absolutely convinced that is the strategy warnock & tan have planned together ;)

:laughing6: :thumbup:

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:42 am

I'm trying to stay positive, I'm not having a go at the club as they've done great lately.

I don't understand why 3 or 4 teams got the same kits. Bring back white shorts! Would of helped me on Sunday :x