Zohore..... I wanted him to get stuck in

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby krabb » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:41 pm

I now he only had half hour and at best scraps of balls but I really wanted to see him put a shift in ...... and he just doesn’t offer anything ... :ayatollah:
krabb

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Zohore..... I wanted him to get stuck in

Postby Wolfpac » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:44 pm

I’ve seen more movement in a dehydrated camel.

Ken is absolute shite
Wolfpac

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:49 pm

He’s done am afraid, I banged the drum about him last year and most agreed. I so hoped I was wrong and we have seen something from him but for whatever reason it’s the zohore before his purple patch. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have cashed in. Forget ability, he doesn’t want it simple as that. Don’t give me the not fit argument, he’s not good enough he’s a parks player and his speed of though is not quick enough either. Sadly don’t think will see much more of him. Shame.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:58 pm

I think I have been his biggest critic almost from day one. Could never see why everyone was convinced he was destined to be something great. One of the most frustrating players I have seen here, he has much more ability than he usually shows us. Just does'nt seem interested half the time, and as I have always claimed, he is not a goal scorer and not being able to head the ball is a bit of a handicap for a number one target man. I still hope he comes good, but lost count of the number of times I have said that.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:06 pm

We certainly looked better when Ward was on but the whole team were deflated by the time Zohore came on. He does need to do more, we really should have brought in a striker. I'm looking at the squad today and really wondering if we spent the budget the best we could have.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebird Always » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Appalled today at his commitment and attitude.
Had the body language of ' couldn't care less' thought he was lazy too. Not fit to wear the shirt at the moment.
Although we lost 5-0 to a far far superior team at least the players tried. Apart from Zahore. Competely useless!
Garbage at best!
Bluebird Always

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Stringfellow wrote:He’s done am afraid, I banged the drum about him last year and most agreed. I so hoped I was wrong and we have seen something from him but for whatever reason it’s the zohore before his purple patch. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have cashed in. Forget ability, he doesn’t want it simple as that. Don’t give me the not fit argument, he’s not good enough he’s a parks player and his speed of though is not quick enough either. Sadly don’t think will see much more of him. Shame.

He's no where near Premiership class, and as for Gary MadineMadine ( where was he today)?

Totally outclassed today, but my concern is both our management and players have, or can make the step up in what's required at this level.
Commitment and desire is one thing, but pure skill and technicall ability is another. I spoke about the speed of thought in a previous post, and it's a big learning curve for all our players,,, and management.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think I have been his biggest critic almost from day one. Could never see why everyone was convinced he was destined to be something great. One of the most frustrating players I have seen here, he has much more ability than he usually shows us. Just does'nt seem interested half the time, and as I have always claimed, he is not a goal scorer and not being able to head the ball is a bit of a handicap for a number one target man. I still hope he comes good, but lost count of the number of times I have said that.

You have Steve, and you were right and am not judging it on today’s match or this season but on the last 13 months. What totally confuses me is the unplayable zohore I watched the season before last for half a season. It’s like something from quantum leap :laughing6:
Stringfellow

Postby DandoCCFC » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Can we rename this thread to whoppers?

Outstanding to give judgement over a performance that was hard for any player to come on too, some people need to bore off.. nothing he could do I don’t see the point in anyone being criticised today.

Man City were world class in every department, never seen a team so dominant like that in my whole time supporting city.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby DEANO » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:11 am

Wolves stopped them ??
DEANO

Postby Igovernor » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:35 am

We were chasing shadows today, Burnley will be a different game!
Igovernor

Postby ChippyAl » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:25 am

I kept a close eye on Zohore when he came on knowing that he had been subject to criticism.

When Man City had the ball in midfield he seemed to be marking Fernandinho and Stones. The rest of the time he was trying to close down their defender. Essentially he spent the whole time chasing shadows. Just because he didn’t win the ball back or force them to lose possession doesn’t mean he didn’t put a shift in. We could have had anyone up front and they would look poor.
ChippyAl

Postby dogfound » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:41 am

krabb wrote:I now he only had half hour and at best scraps of balls but I really wanted to see him put a shift in ...... and he just doesn’t offer anything ... :ayatollah:

he did put a shift in though , he chased and closed down ..its just by the time he came on the guts had been knocked out of our team and it had turned into a Manchester City training session.
dogfound

Postby captbirdseye » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:03 am

He get a lot of unwarranted shit from City fans when he's basically feeding of scraps with this side. The majority of the games we've played so far we've created absolutely nothing. He's also stuck up top on his own with very little support chasing a lost cause the majority of the time.

I've never got this idea that a player needs to run around for 90mins for the shirt.
captbirdseye

Postby Stringfellow » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:09 am

captbirdseye wrote:He get a lot of unwarranted shit from City fans when he's basically feeding of scraps with this side. The majority of the games we've played so far we've created absolutely nothing. He's also stuck up top on his own with very little support chasing a lost cause the majority of the time.

I've never got this idea that a player needs to run around for 90mins for the shirt.

Nobody is asking him to run about for 90 minutes, I understand it can be a thankful task but we are talking 13 months here not a bad spell, throw in to that he can’t head the ball or even read the flight of the ball in the air. Nobody wants him to fail but he shows little desire, his speed of thought is too slow in championship let alone prem. am afraid it’s only a matter of time before he doesn’t make the bench.
Stringfellow

Postby Llantwit Blue » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:28 am

Lazy end of
Llantwit Blue

Postby Charlie Harper » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:56 am

Personally I think he is a confidence player and right now I think that he thinks he isn't good enough for the PL.

Come on big Ken have a word with yourself before its too late
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Lengee » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Personally I think he is a confidence player and right now I think that he thinks he isn't good enough for the PL.

:thumbup: :bluebird: completely agree- people making him a scapegoat won't help :thumbup:
Lengee

Postby krabb » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Lengee wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Personally I think he is a confidence player and right now I think that he thinks he isn't good enough for the PL.

:thumbup: :bluebird: completely agree- people making him a scapegoat won't help :thumbup:

Would you stick with him..??..... I’m not using him as a scapegoat but he had a half hour to show that he wanted it.... I think I’d have given him the whole game as we were never likely to get anything out of it tbh....
:ayatollah:
krabb

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:41 pm

Lengee wrote:

Yup our fans always look for one.
2blue2handle

Postby Lengee » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:43 pm

krabb wrote:
Lengee wrote:

Would you stick with him..??..... I’m not using him as a scapegoat but he had a half hour to show that he wanted it.... I think I’d have given him the whole game as we were never likely to get anything out of it tbh....

I think the team were deflated defeated and demoralised when he came on and within a couple of minutes it was 4-0. Imo on balance of p!at the final score could have been 7 or 8 nil.The defeat had nothing to do with big Kens performance as a sub. If we are looking to blame someone for the SIZE of defeat and performance then it has to be the management because of how they were set up. Hoilett and Arter as wide men :shock:
Morrison against small pacey forwards. :? Camerassa out of position in Gunners type role. :?: Having said that Man City would almost certainly have won whatever way we set up.
However,I on a positive I would like to see Manga Richards and Cunningham play together in defence because they are comfortable in possession and have some pace!! our goal difference is -11 And our goalie has been very good all games :shock:
Also imo Murphy should start as he also has pace.

Whether Zahore plays or not should be determined by who is likely to be most effective against the given opposition. The problem is that Zahore is a big unit and therefore type of player who needs game time to look match fit and to get confidence. On the other hand Reid and Ward work quite well together so it's a tricky one! :thumbup: :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 am

Lengee wrote:
krabb wrote:
Lengee wrote:

I think the team were deflated defeated and demoralised when he came on and within a couple of minutes it was 4-0. Imo on balance of p!at the final score could have been 7 or 8 nil.The defeat had nothing to do with big Kens performance as a sub. If we are looking to blame someone for the SIZE of defeat and performance then it has to be the management because of how they were set up. Hoilett and Arter as wide men :shock:
Morrison against small pacey forwards. :? Camerassa out of position in Gunners type role. :?: Having said that Man City would almost certainly have won whatever way we set up.
However,I on a positive I would like to see Manga Richards and Cunningham play together in defence because they are comfortable in possession and have some pace!! our goal difference is -11 And our goalie has been very good all games :shock:
Also imo Murphy should start as he also has pace.

Whether Zahore plays or not should be determined by who is likely to be most effective against the given opposition. The problem is that Zahore is a big unit and therefore type of player who needs game time to look match fit and to get confidence. On the other hand Reid and Ward work quite well together so it's a tricky one! :thumbup: :bluebird:

good post..
dogfound

Postby actionman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:19 pm

If somebody comes in with 6,000,000 in January would you sell
actionman

Postby krabb » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:18 pm

actionman wrote:If somebody comes in with 6,000,000 in January would you sell

I can’t see anyone paying more than 1,500,000
krabb

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:49 pm

actionman wrote:If somebody comes in with 6,000,000 in January would you sell

Not personally.

If we did any price with a 50% sell on clause as I think he would do will in a team trying to play football. At a team like Fulham I think he would do very well.
2blue2handle

Postby troobloo3339 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Haha one minute he's crap or shit
Then would you sell for 6 million
Then he's only worth 1.5 million
Then only sell with 50% sell on
Then at least he could put a shift in
He can't head a ball (actually did flick one on into good position) Reid didn't get to it
He's a lump a bit like kenwyne Jones he also got called lazy and shit
These are all numerous opinions on this thread
Just goes to show opinions are just opinions
Support the players on the pitch ffs
troobloo3339

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:00 pm

started 2 games...should have scored v Newcastle....had the least service I can remember a Cardiff striker get in 40 odd years for that hour in Huddersfield...then got sold a pup last Saturday...3 nil down, heads had dropped, Man City now in training game mode under zero pressure and I just knew as he ran on he A} stood no chance and B } would get shit on here.
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:38 pm

dogfound wrote:started 2 games...should have scored v Newcastle....had the least service I can remember a Cardiff striker get in 40 odd years for that hour in Huddersfield...then got sold a pup last Saturday...3 nil down, heads had dropped, Man City now in training game mode under zero pressure and I just knew as he ran on he A} stood no chance and B } would get shit on here.

Yup that about sums it up.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat