NEVER SOLD OUT: Man City Fans Away At Cardiff Today

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Man City Fans Away At Cardiff Today

Postby Bananas » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Bananas wrote:Man City fans very quiet yesterday, typical of a money bags club with no heart and no soul.

You must be joking mate.

Complete opposite.

Perhaps you were at the wrong game. They were very very quiet. Heartless, soulless and very quiet.
Bananas

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEVER SOLD OUT: Man City Fans Away At Cardiff Today

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Bananas wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Bananas wrote:Man City fans very quiet yesterday, typical of a money bags club with no heart and no soul.

You must be joking mate.

Complete opposite.

Perhaps you were at the wrong game. They were very very quiet. Heartless, soulless and very quiet.

Your probably deaf then as they made quiet a noise and I am in the Canton, fair play to them
1980s Bluebird

Postby murphy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 pm

davids wrote:A bit silly singing "Where were you when you were shit?" to Man City supporters.

Even when they were in the old third division they had an average gate of over 25,000 each home game so they are not exactly glory hunters in fairness to them.

That's what I thought.

When they were averaging 25k in the 3rd tier, we were averaging about 6k in the 4th tier, so they could sing the same to us.
murphy

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:23 pm

I remember them being in the old division three and having 33,000 against York loyal fans for sure !
Jimmy Scoular

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Manchester City Fans Away at Cardiff today

Never sold out and they are Premier League Champions :shock:

There not, really! That song was brought to Man City from Leicester by Riyadh Mahrez! ;) :thumbright: :lol:

Generally a good humoured bunch, to be fair! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:14 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Bananas wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

You must be joking mate.

Complete opposite.

Your probably deaf then as they made quiet a noise and I am in the Canton, fair play to them

Same im in the canton and credit where credits due they were singing and chanting for most of the game. Way louder than Newcastle and Arsenal were.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby skiprat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:53 pm

I find it staggering we can attract 30000 people to watch us .we are basically a team that had hardly been strengthened works hard but looks totally out of its depth at this level.
skiprat

Postby 1922 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:51 pm

I forget my season ticket at home. When I managed to get through the queue in ticket office to get my replacements, people were still buying tickets for the game... I don't thin we sold out, but it was a great attendance.

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm

The home end was sold out 2 weeks ago.

People were in the queue getting replacements for lost tickets, or with queries.

I had to do the same.
Lawnmower

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Hundreds of empty seats in their end - which was a bit of a surprise

Tim

One of the main reasons was that CCFC set aside 200 seats for Man City fans to enable them to move to an area where they could sit if they wanted without someone standing in front of them - for the elderly (like me!) , youngsters etc. They have offered the same facility to all visiting teams this season.
ccfcsince1962

Postby llangainbluebird » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Hundreds of empty seats in their end - which was a bit of a surprise

Agree, officially a sell-out, but loads of room in there. My mate-a Man City and Cardiff fan-said that some of them buy tickets for every away game but don't even go to some of them, just to make sure they're guaranteed them for the bigger matches.

Many, many empty seats in the home fans sections as well unfortunately.

Not denying that, I expect it for the less glamorous games, buy very strange to see that yesterday. Why would you buy a season ticket and not want to watch the Man City match?

I've got a season ticket, (for quite a few years now), but was working on Saturday. Can see what you are getting at, but the opposition makes no difference to me, be it Manchester City in the Premier League, or anyone in the Championship, or any cup competition. I'll be there for Burnley on Sunday, and went to the Norwich City League Cup game. It's all about Cardiff City for me, not the opposition, however 'glamourous'.
llangainbluebird

Postby llangainbluebird » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Willo Cardiff wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:They’ve always been a proper club with proper fans to be fair.
but don’t turn up to the smaller championship league games, they had 13000 empty seats in midweek

Yeah that’s a strange one they don’t seem to have that connection with the Champions league but then the easiest way to get tickets for Man Utd home games are the Champions league apparently.

Manchester City were in trouble a couple of years back because their fans had booed the Champions League 'anthem'. Good for them! Shows their fans have not forgotten their roots.
llangainbluebird

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:33 pm

Willo Cardiff wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:They’ve always been a proper club with proper fans to be fair.
but don’t turn up to the smaller championship league games, they had 13000 empty seats in midweek

its because they dont blackmail their fans mate...
United have it in their season ticket terms and conditions that the penalty for not buying cup tickets is to forfeit the subsequent league game from your ST..
dogfound

Postby Lawnmower » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:47 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Tim

One of the main reasons was that CCFC set aside 200 seats for Man City fans to enable them to move to an area where they could sit if they wanted without someone standing in front of them - for the elderly (like me!) , youngsters etc. They have offered the same facility to all visiting teams this season.

Hi Keith

I’m sure most , if not all of those seats were taken for the last 2 homes.

Are you saying they were sold and people stood/sat elsewhere ? Or they weren’t sold ?

It’s a good idea though

There did seem to be gaps elsewhere, but that was the glaring one
Lawnmower

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:11 am

Lawnmower wrote:The home end was sold out 2 weeks ago.

People were in the queue getting replacements for lost tickets, or with queries.

I had to do the same.

Just so you know Tim, I am on about the away section, Man City's end :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I had to do the same.

Just so you know Tim, I am on about the away section, Man City's end :thumbright:

Yeah Annis.
This was in answer to the fella who thought CCFC we’re selling home tickets on the day :thumbup:
Lawnmower

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:22 pm

skiprat wrote:I find it staggering we can attract 30000 people to watch us .we are basically a team that had hardly been strengthened works hard but looks totally out of its depth at this level.

They don’t come to watch us is the simple answer to the question.
Llan_Blue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:11 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I had to do the same.

Yeah Annis.
This was in answer to the fella who thought CCFC we’re selling home tickets on the day :thumbup:

Cheers Tim

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat