WHEN WILL VICENT TAN SELL

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby montyblue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am

Just wondering if we improve and start moving up the table and look a better proposition would he put us on the market if not and we slip down or stay near the bottom he would have to start spending again in january which i doubt he wants to do and if we did go back down we are not such a good proposition for a buyer and he will have a missed opportunity he did say last year and has said quite a few times if a decent offer came in he would sell he has done so much for the club clearing debts etc which i am sure everybody is grateful for but reading between the lines he is reluctant to go to the next level of spending which is evident to see from the summer spend , i have no criticism of him its just a thought of when does he sell.
montyblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WHEN WILL VICENT TAN SELL

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:46 am

Cardiff City have been for sale for the last 4 yrs under Tan, We were nearly sold last summer, but we were still in a big mess behind the scenes.

Now will be his best time, this season Tan has the best chance of getting out, thanks to the Premier League money :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby fred keenor » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:21 am

Financially probably will never get better so perhaps it could be at the end of the season.
If we stay up, think he would hold on.
fred keenor

Postby RYANBLUE » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:57 am

lets hope he doesn't...!. If it aint broke and all....
RYANBLUE

Postby City Slicker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:00 pm

As soon as he gets an offer he will accept.
City Slicker

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:04 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:lets hope he doesn't...!. If it aint broke and all....

Agree 100% Ryan blue, who knows who we could end up with! Better the devil you know :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby RYANBLUE » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 pm

lets hope he doesn't...!. If it aint broke and all....
RYANBLUE

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:08 pm

He is hedging his bets. He gave Warnock just enough money to give us a fighting chance to stay up and unless we spend heavily in the January window he will be making a big profit this year due to Sky money, probably more than £40 million and possibly as much as £50 million.

If we go down he will have got part of his money back with the promise of further money from parachute payments. Not saying he would, but if he wanted to he could recoup more by player sales.

If we stay up he is laughing. He can sell, take more of the Sky money or invest the Sky money and build a sustainable Premier League side which would further increase the value of the club.

He has got a lot to thank Warnock for!
JJ1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:54 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
RYANBLUE wrote:lets hope he doesn't...!. If it aint broke and all....

Agree 100% Ryan blue, who knows who we could end up with! Better the devil you know :ayatollah:

Totally agree.

Everything has a price but im more than happy with how the club is now being run. What an achievement if we could at some point break even year after year and not have to rely on anyone.
2blue2handle

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:55 pm

JJ1927 wrote:He is hedging his bets. He gave Warnock just enough money to give us a fighting chance to stay up and unless we spend heavily in the January window he will be making a big profit this year due to Sky money, probably more than £40 million and possibly as much as £50 million.

If we go down he will have got part of his money back with the promise of further money from parachute payments. Not saying he would, but if he wanted to he could recoup more by player sales.

If we stay up he is laughing. He can sell, take more of the Sky money or invest the Sky money and build a sustainable Premier League side which would further increase the value of the club.

At this time 24m does not give us a fighting chance of staying up. I believe that the club needed to invest 35-45m. Clear as day that we needed to bring in a striker at the start of the season but didn’t do so. I can see the club bring in a striker in January but unfortunately the majority have been snapped up so it won’t be easy. Add on 15m for a striker and that’s about right. Just look at every other team in the Premiership and what team do you consider are weaker in the striking department than City?
bridgendbluebird30

Postby phildavies » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Why are people making it sound so simple as if whenever he wants to he can just unload us on somebody else? Obviously it all depends on if their are serious people out there who want to buy us and have a decent amount of money to make I worthwhile for Tan to do so. I doubt their are many of those about some how.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm

For the first time in decades we are finally getting it right on and off the field

I for one hope he stays
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Igovernor » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City have been for sale for the last 4 yrs under Tan, We were nearly sold last summer, but we were still in a big mess behind the scenes.

Now will be his best time, this season Tan has the best chance of getting out, thanks to the Premier League money :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Annis what makes you say we a mess behind the scenes?
Igovernor

Postby Carlossus » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:55 pm

I think Mr Tan is committed to putting this club on the map,why shouldnt he be? the higher our profile the more he will get when he eventually sells. If in the meantime he gets an offer he cannot refuse he would be silly not to take it though that is highly unlikely. Mr Tan is an astute buisness man if he spent another 50 mil on a striker it would not give us any guarantees,my guess is that after the last debacle he is testing the water,if we are ok,ish come January, he will release more money. Just an opinion. :ayatollah:
Carlossus

Postby Igovernor » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City have been for sale for the last 4 yrs under Tan, We were nearly sold last summer, but we were still in a big mess behind the scenes.

Annis what makes you say we a mess behind the scenes?

I miss-read that :laughing6:
Igovernor

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:48 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:He is hedging his bets. He gave Warnock just enough money to give us a fighting chance to stay up and unless we spend heavily in the January window he will be making a big profit this year due to Sky money, probably more than £40 million and possibly as much as £50 million.

At this time 24m does not give us a fighting chance of staying up. I believe that the club needed to invest 35-45m. Clear as day that we needed to bring in a striker at the start of the season but didn’t do so. I can see the club bring in a striker in January but unfortunately the majority have been snapped up so it won’t be easy. Add on 15m for a striker and that’s about right. Just look at every other team in the Premiership and what team do you consider are weaker in the striking department than City?

It's not about better striking dept only couple clubs got that 15+ goals a season striker and they're worth 30m + It's about creating the chances for the team to score! We bought in players to do this the question is whether as a team we can get the goals ? After slow start things are improving time will tell if it's enough, a team spending lot more than us is going to be relegated aswell :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:48 pm

It's not about better striking dept only couple clubs got that 15+ goals a season striker and they're worth 30m + It's about creating the chances for the team to score! We bought in players to do this the question is whether as a team we can get the goals ? After slow start things are improving time will tell if it's enough, a team spending lot more than us is going to be relegated aswell as for selling do it when offer is right :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:21 pm

I don't know what's in Vincent Tan's mind but it does seem apparent an approach was made last summer, which ultimately failed and/or was rejected

Seems to me he has repaired a lot of the damage and built some major bridges across the previously troubled waters but there are clearly those who still want him gone

I don't necessarily agree with that particular (now) old and some might say tired sentiment; but whilst I can't appreciate why the hostility has to continue, I can understand why some will never forgive and forget

The ones who make me laugh the most are those on here (and elsewhere) who appear to genuinely believe it's 'their' money that Vincent Tan is spending! :lol:

It's not, people...it's his! And he has (mainly thanks to a certain Neil Warnock) delivered with it and not only placed us in the Premier League but also in a position of strength to go forward!

As temporary custodian of the club, he will eventually sell and move on when it suits. That is his prerogative!

In the meantime, let's just concentrate on the team itself and enjoy what we currently have, eh? :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebird58 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Mr Tan is a very shrewd business man and all of his businesses are for sale at the right price at all times. That doesn’t mean he is actively TRYING to sell them, just all are available at the right price. There won’t be much money left from the Sky money this year - even our team costs many millions in wages. He certainly isn’t pocketing £40-50m that some on here seem to suggest.

There’s always someone ready to make mischief over Mr Tan, and I can’t believe I’ve been stupid enough to reply again!
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby City1983 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:54 pm

Hope we can attract someone like the Man City owners. They have spent well and, if City can get them on board we will attract better players and sustain a Premiership future as well, as competing in Europe. Would love to see Cardiff in Europe
City1983

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Sven wrote:I don't know what's in Vincent Tan's mind but it does seem apparent an approach was made last summer, which ultimately failed and/or was rejected

Seems to me he has repaired a lot of the damage and built some major bridges across the previously troubled waters but there are clearly those who still want him gone

I don't necessarily agree with that particular (now) old and some might say tired sentiment; but whilst I can't appreciate why the hostility has to continue, I can understand why some will never forgive and forget

The ones who make me laugh the most are those on here (and elsewhere) who appear to genuinely believe it's 'their' money that Vincent Tan is spending! :lol:

It's not, people...it's his! And he has (mainly thanks to a certain Neil Warnock) delivered with it and not only placed us in the Premier League but also in a position of strength to go forward!

As temporary custodian of the club, he will eventually sell and move on when it suits. That is his prerogative!

In the meantime, let's just concentrate on the team itself and enjoy what we currently have, eh? :ayatollah:

Nathan Blake had an interesting point on investments, ambition and squad building on his last podcast. For that reason alone i want him to sell asap. And you know, it IS their money! Some on the stands supporting City actually spend a higher prosentage of their income towards the club than Winnie does. So all opinions are valid and welcome. Even mine, a condescending troll..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby davids » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Perhaps the question should be "When will an acceptable bid to buy the club" be made?

My own feeling is that Tan is now looking to get back as much of his money as he can and that is understandable and I would not criticise him for that at all. For that reason there will be very little money available for transfers in the foreseeable future.

As soon as the club is debt free or very nearly debt free it then becomes a saleable asset and Tan may actually make some money when he eventually walks away. Surely nobody can still believe that he sees the club as a long term project for him - he's had his fingers burnt and despite turning up for a few matches recently he's hardly become a hardcore fan all of a sudden.

The concern of course is who will be the next owner. It would be lovely to have owners like Wolves, Man City, Liverpool etc but we could just as easily end up with owners like Swansea, Blackburn, Leeds etc.

Unfortunately the only way I can see any way that significant will ever be made in the club again is with a change of owner and as mentioned above that brings with it it's own risks.
davids

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:42 am

on paper we are considerably weaker in most if not all departments at this point....but this 15 mill for a striker...you don't get proven prem for that sort of money, you get a gamble .half of which fail across the board and even if you do get a striker to get you a dozen goals who is to say those goals will not be meaningless { scores 2 in a 4-2 defeat a la ALF at Reading or Defoe at Sunderland both relegated ..on the other hand Everton finished top 8 for 9 out of the 11 years under Moyes and only once did they have a player score 12 or more }……..what we need to stay up is 10 goals from anyone spread over 10 games that would otherwise be 0-0 draws.
dogfound

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 am

Im happy with tan and the way the club is being run at the moment, but if a mega rich saudi wanted to come in to take us to the next level then great lol... sure it was a cousin or someone associated to the man city owners the other day who nearly bought out liverpool, imagine someone like that seeing cardiff city as a project like the man city one!
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:37 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Im happy with tan and the way the club is being run at the moment, but if a mega rich saudi wanted to come in to take us to the next level then great lol... sure it was a cousin or someone associated to the man city owners the other day who nearly bought out liverpool, imagine someone like that seeing cardiff city as a project like the man city one!

we can only dream mate...
dogfound

Postby pontyclunblue » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Be careful what you wish for, just ask the Jacks, Blackburn, Leeds etc. If Tan were to sell good luck to him he has put massive amounts of money into Cardiff, noone else has ever done that, and I would have no complaints about him recouping as much he could. Any businessman would do the same.

Tan will spend big come January and give us another £100mill .
pontyclunblue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am

I tend to think that how much money is available for January will depend upon whether we've git a realistic chance at that point. I think that we should count ourselves fortunate with Vincent Tan actually, and I really wouldn't want to the club to become the plaything of some cartel which doesn't really care at all.
I was thinking though that we could do with the input of a minority shareholder to add some extra capital, but of course that's unlikely to happen if he's hoping or intending to sell in the foreseeable future.

However, I'm thinking that if he wanted to cash in and sell the club he'd have done that as soon as we gained promotion, at which point the new owners had a premiership team and all options were still open to them in terms of strengthening it for spectacular success. Instead, he cleared £ 70 million of the clubs debt didn't he ?
Some people seem to forget this small outlay when moaning that he only spent £30million on new players, and I don't think that's the act of a man whose about to cut and run.

No one regrets the entirely commercial nature of the modern game more than I , but it means that results are not the sole consideration and the club must be made solvent first, otherwise it'll all collapse by taking on commitments it cannot meet and all the hard work and achievements of the playing and coaching staff will be wasted.
SirJimmySchoular

Return to General Chat