Hoilett

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hoilett

Postby theclaw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:57 pm

I’ve been a bit disappointed with his performances so far this season.I know he had his injury earlier on but he hasn’t been what I was expecting from him.
Maybe it was the uncertainty of his contract renewal,maybe even over confident from last season or even the disruption of changes to striker and the other wide players.
Might just be me but after last season I was hoping for a bit more.

Thoughts.....
theclaw

Hoilett

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Hoilett

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:16 pm

I think just because he isn't flying past defenders doesn't mean he isn't doing his bit. He is doing a good job for the team, working tirelessly and he rarely gives the ball away. He will still create and score, but we are seeing a bit less of him at this level because he simply isn't getting into as many advanced, dangerous positions because we are playing superior opposition. He does need to improve his final ball though, his crossing has been disappointing this season, but he's been injured and as long as he positively contributes home to Burnley, I don't think anyone will be complaining.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby theclaw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think just because he isn't flying past defenders doesn't mean he isn't doing his bit. He is doing a good job for the team, working tirelessly and he rarely gives the ball away. He will still create and score, but we are seeing a bit less of him at this level because he simply isn't getting into as many advanced, dangerous positions because we are playing superior opposition. He does need to improve his final ball though, his crossing has been disappointing this season, but he's been injured and as long as he positively contributes home to Burnley, I don't think anyone will be complaining.

In not complaining really but just thought he would be the one to step up.
theclaw

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Would like to see Murphy come in for him on Saturday. Murphy has that extra pace and I don’t recall many shots or chances created by Hoilett.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:26 pm

You cant judge hoilett in the premiership after we have played only 5 games
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby theclaw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:34 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:You cant judge hoilett in the premiership after we have played only 5 games

Why not ?
theclaw

Postby Ketteringblues » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:46 pm

I didn’t think Jnr played badly against Chelsea.
Only slight criticism this season is he’s lost maybe confidence to take the defender on. Often deciding to cut back inside.
This does bring others into play but does also slow things down losing maybe the attacking advantage.
Ketteringblues

Postby wez1927 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Looks like hes lost a yard of pace this year
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Stringfellow » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:I didn’t think Jnr played badly against Chelsea.
Only slight criticism this season is he’s lost maybe confidence to take the defender on. Often deciding to cut back inside.
This does bring others into play but does also slow things down losing maybe the attacking advantage.

Full backs are quicker, better simple as that. It’s a different ball game, throw in Chelsea and Arsenal from them 5 games.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:44 pm

theclaw wrote:I’ve been a bit disappointed with his performances so far this season.I know he had his injury earlier on but he hasn’t been what I was expecting from him.
Maybe it was the uncertainty of his contract renewal,maybe even over confident from last season or even the disruption of changes to striker and the other wide players.

Thoughts.....

My thoughts are that you've read a separate report (there were a couple) on Junior's slow start to the season and made a thread out of it, as if the thoughts on Junior Hoilett were your own ;)

Not withstanding his injury, I think its still early days to be singling out any players quite yet! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby theclaw » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:04 am

Sven wrote:
theclaw wrote:I’ve been a bit disappointed with his performances so far this season.I know he had his injury earlier on but he hasn’t been what I was expecting from him.

Thoughts.....

My thoughts are that you've read a separate report (there were a couple) on Junior's slow start to the season and made a thread out of it, as if the thoughts on Junior Hoilett were your own ;)

Not withstanding his injury, I think its still early days to be singling out any players quite yet! :ayatollah:

Your thoughts are wrong.
theclaw

Postby Sven » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:32 pm

theclaw wrote:
Sven wrote:

Thoughts.....

Your thoughts are wrong.

Then we differ in opinion on two counts! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat