"The Passion has gone"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"The Passion has gone"

Postby Stringfellow » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:36 pm

"The Passion has gone"

Our fans are certainly re ignited together and passionate and fully behind our team. But what has happened to their sides support? It’s a worrying trend. Chelsea yesterday has to rank for me as some of the quietest fans have ever come across ( bear in mind they went 4-1 up ) more tourists looking for a selfie on kings road and a picture of their favourite stars.

The geordies weren’t themselves, Arsenal well what arsenal are. For me it’s really sad to see, Everton today totally embarrassing support. Some of our fans can be critical of our support, why I don’t know because as I often point out take a look at elsewhere in comparison we are loud and proud.

Great support yesterday for a team giving everything for the shirt. Love it and long may it continue. We aren’t far off.
Attachments
GettyImages-489515701-2-2.jpg
GettyImages-489515701-2-2.jpg (90.01 KiB) Viewed 2122 times
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

"The Passion has gone"

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The Passion has gone

Postby TERRYB » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Our fans are certainly re ignited together and passionate and fully behind our team. But what has happened to their sides support? It’s a worrying trend. Chelsea yesterday has to rank for me as some of the quietest fans have ever come across ( bear in mind they went 4-1 up ) more tourists looking for a selfie on kings road and a picture of their favourite stars.

The geordies weren’t themselves, Arsenal well what arsenal are. For me it’s really sad to see, Everton today totally embarrassing support. Some of our fans can be critical of our support, why I don’t know because as I often point out take a look at elsewhere in comparison we are loud and proud.

Great support yesterday for a team giving everything for the shirt. Love it and long may it continue. We aren’t far off.

I have always believed that Cardiff fans are the most passionate and vocal and anyone at The Bridge would have been so impressed with our support, to say we are trying to be the 12th Man is totally accurate, there can't be a noisier group away and The Canton in full voice is awesome. Long may it continue. :bluescarf:
TERRYB

Postby Escott1927 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Worst home fans I’ve seen. Couldn’t even get a song going when winning 4-1. Shocking.
Escott1927

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:13 pm

A friend of mine was talking to a Chelsea fan after the game. He said he was envious with our support and he hates what his club have become.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Carlossus » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:52 pm

A friend of mine is a massive Chelsea fan and although he lives near me he is from London and attends almost all home games and many away,he was impressed with our fans and their noise level, We must keep this support going at all games and get the players fighting not only for their shirts but also that extra mile for their fans. Long may it continue.
Carlossus

Postby nubbsy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:16 pm

They were embarrassing
nubbsy

Postby Walinoz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Have to say our fans were impressive yesterday , it was reminiscent of times gone by , it was non stop and loud throughout the 90 mins proper support , all they want to see is effort from the team and they got that
Walinoz

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Honest to god after the game listening to there supporters none of them were speaking English even. And one group all in Chelsea shirts were singing in Italian :o
Nuclearblue

Postby bluebirdrob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:02 am

Not having many English born players in squad the modern fan don’t have anyone to relate with.
In years gone by boys would get into there local teams,the fans then had someone who was there’s to hero worship.
Now the top teams buy the best from all over the world.

Cardiff City probably got more players born in UK than most teams in Premier.
The City team having more English players in side than most teams is ironic.

The cost of watching games has spiralled for the common football fan so now you get the middle classes with more money to spend watching the best teams.Its now an expensive day out for tourists with no affiliation to the team they follow so don’t have the passion that us older fans remember.
bluebirdrob

Postby Rumney » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 am

CCFC season ticket holder currently on holiday in Cyprus but was able to watch the Chelsea game on local cable TV.
All I could hear was the Cardiff fans singing and chanting their hearts out - as for the Chelsea fans - practically silence.
Keep up the passion boys - fantastic support - you did us proud as usual :bluescarf:
Rumney

Re: "The Passion has gone"

Postby skiprat » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:48 am

Wolves fans really loud yesterday watching their foreign team and manager.playing a very good brand of football.so your argument does really stack up.
skiprat

Postby ThomasC » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:35 am

skiprat wrote:Wolves fans really loud yesterday watching their foreign team and manager.playing a very good brand of football.so your argument does really stack up.

Have to agree :thumbup: sorry Rob
ThomasC

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:12 pm

My friend from Izmir turkey also watched the game,and commented that we sounded like the home team :clap: couldn't believe Chelsea fans leaving before applauding their side off the pitch :shock: He is an honorary city fan since 2012,as I am honorary besiktas fan,well done to all those city fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
bluesince62

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:37 pm

As my mate said to us it was a big game but to Chelsea it was a nothing game and there support is mainly loud on the top six sides and also when they play WHU. He said the old real Chelsea fans no longer go as they no longer recognize the club as it has become happy clappers, tourists, East European visitors and Chinese with a few Londoners thrown in. Modern football :ayatollah:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Stringfellow » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:58 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:As my mate said to us it was a big game but to Chelsea it was a nothing game and there support is mainly loud on the top six sides and also when they play WHU. He said the old real Chelsea fans no longer go as they no longer recognize the club as it has become happy clappers, tourists, East European visitors and Chinese with a few Londoners thrown in. Modern football :ayatollah:

I totally get the it’s a big game for us but a nothing game for them, but even so I didn’t expect that. The noise the banter the passion is what made the brand in the first place. Such a shame.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby murphy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:06 pm

I didn't go on Saturday, I've been to Stamford bridge twice and know fully well how dead it is. Even the cup game when it was kicking off outside, inside the stadium was f*cking soulless.

The best atmospheres we'll see this season will be at home.
murphy

Postby goats » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 pm

I reckon the longer they stay up the top, the more sanitised they have become. Are any of the top 6 noisy at home? Old Trafford used to be intimidating and anfield can be loud but no so much in the last few years. Even Man City, not that noisy all game are they? Despite the fact this is there time, better than ever. Wolves will be loud as no doubt many of there fans like ours are normal folk and happy to be in the premier league.
goats

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:54 pm

I used to go there a bit. It changed after about 95; they altered the ground(West Stand/Shed), and the prices trebled. Spurs and WHU also got worse.
rumpo kid

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:25 pm

the people come on here going on about plastics and glory hunters at our place need to have a good think about what SB was like Saturday.
dogfound

Return to General Chat