MATCH THREAD:“ CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY “ MATCH THREAD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Manchester City?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Cardiff City win
35%
Manchester City win
51%
Draw
14%

Total votes : 43

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:00 pm

CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY
Saturday 22nd September, 3pm
Premier League
Cardiff City Stadium

Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Sean Morrison Bruno Manga Greg Cunningham
Victor Camarasa Joe Ralls Harry Arter Junior Hoilett Bobby Reid Danny Ward

Subs: Brian Murphy Joe Bennett Jazz Richards
Sol Bamba Callum Paterson Josh Murphy Kenneth Zohore

MATCH SOLD OUT :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Just under 3,000 Man City fans coming :thumbright:

20/09/18

Cardiff City have no fresh injury concerns ahead of their huge clash with reigning Premier League champions Man City on Saturday.

The Bluebirds remain without a win in the league so far this season but are still above the relegation zone ahead of the visit of Pep Guardiola's side having earned two draws from their five outings to date.

Neil Warnock will once again be unable to call upon the services of long-term absentee Nathaniel Mendez-Laing following the winger's injury in the early stages of the 0-0 draw with Huddersfield Town last month.

The Yorkshireman will also be without Josh Murphy who has not starred for the Bluebirds since the stalemate with Huddersfield due to a hamstring problem.

Aron Gunnarsson

But the Bluebirds' only other concern surrounds the fitness of central midfielder Aron Gunnarsson.

The Iceland international is yet to feature for Cardiff this season due to a knee problem but is understood to be edging ever closer to getting back on the pitch having returned to training.

Warnock admitted he could have selected the midfielder against Chelsea last weekend before adding he does not want to rush the 29-year-old back too soon.

C125519F-27C6-4103-AB21-DA1BD0298BAF.jpeg
C125519F-27C6-4103-AB21-DA1BD0298BAF.jpeg (71.04 KiB) Viewed 3842 times

About Manchester City

Manchester City Football Club, also known simply as City or the Cityzens, is a football club based in east Manchester, England. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton), it became Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and Manchester City in 1894. The club's home ground is the City of Manchester Stadium in east Manchester, to which it moved in 2003, having played at Maine Road since 1923.

Manchester City first played in the top-tier of the Football League in 1899 and won their first major honour with the FA Cup in 1904. The club's most successful period was from 1968 to 1970, when it won the League Championship, FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup, under the management team of Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison. After losing the 1981 FA Cup Final, the club went through a period of decline, culminating in relegation to the third tier of English football for the only time in its history in 1998. Having regained their Premier League status in the early 2000s, Manchester City was purchased in September 2008 by Abu Dhabi United Group for £210 million, receiving considerable investment. The club won the Premier League in 2012, 2014 and, most recently in 2018, also becoming the first Premier League team to attain 100 points in a single season.

Manchester City has the fifth-highest revenue in football, at €527.7 million in 2016–17. Forbes magazine ranks it as the world's fifth-most valuable football club, worth US$2.47 billion. In 2015, a 13.79% stake purchase of the club's parent company, City Football Group (CFG), by the CITIC Group for £265 million valued it at $3 billion.

Previous Meeting

We lost 2-0 at home to Manchester City in the FA Cup Fourth Round last season. Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling got the goals for the away side. Joe Bennett was sent off late on for us.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Ralls, Arter, Camarasa, Hoilett, Reid, Ward

Manchester City: Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Delph, Bernardo Silva, Fernandinho, Silva, Sane, Sterling, Aguero

Form - Last Three Games

Chelsea 4-1 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 2-3 Arsenal
Cardiff City 1-3 Norwich City

Manchester City 1-2 Lyon
Manchester City 3-0 Fulham
Manchester City 2-1 Newcastle United

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 12/1
Manchester City - 1/5
Draw - 11/2

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY “ MATCH THR

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Over 32,000 tickets sold so far :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 am

CARDIFF CITY V MAN CITY SOLD OUT / BUT CARDIFF CITY HAVE £139 plus vat Hospitality tickets still available :bluebird:

Hospitality: Join us in the Foster's Club for City vs. Man City!

The Bluebirds vs. Manchester City - current Premier League champions! (Saturday, September 22nd - 3:00pm kick-off).

General admission has sold out - but we do have a some final places in our Foster's Club Hospitality lounge. Watch this match in style!

Foster's Club - £139 (+ VAT) per person
Attachments
Large-3.jpeg
Large-3.jpeg (224.19 KiB) Viewed 3619 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:48 am

:bluebird:
Attachments
D0782455-5F72-405E-ABC7-1A7F979C11D1.jpeg
D0782455-5F72-405E-ABC7-1A7F979C11D1.jpeg (276.66 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
4CA27D99-FC8E-4F9A-9BFF-8D23B7B1F3A0.jpeg
4CA27D99-FC8E-4F9A-9BFF-8D23B7B1F3A0.jpeg (131.49 KiB) Viewed 3503 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 am

Ralls: 'We've got to dust ourselves down'

There’s no time to rue Cardiff City’s defeats to Arsenal or Chelsea, according to midfielder Joe Ralls who says the Bluebirds are giving themselves every chance against these formidable teams.

"We’ve got positives to take from both games (Arsenal and Chelsea). We just need to stay in the game, like I say, and stay strong. We know that we cannot allow sloppy goals. All in all we need to dust ourselves down. We’ve got another big game on Saturday against Manchester City. We’re doing alright, we’re holding in there and you never know what can happen.”
Attachments
Joe Ralls.jpg
Joe Ralls.jpg (10.01 KiB) Viewed 3417 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Dahboy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:33 pm

I'm going for a man city win by two.
Dahboy

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Afraid I can't see us having a sniff here. I think if Man C play to just 50% of their potential, they will have too much for us. I can only see a Man C win by at least 3 goals.
Steve Zodiak

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Hopefully they will underestimate us and their Champions League match against Lyon tomorrow night will tire them out?
HarriRhys22

Postby rossblue » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am

May as well play for the point. But let's not be having this bamba in defensive midfield garbage. David Silva will make him look like a league 2 player
rossblue

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Joe Bennett’s Recovery
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=200440 :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Most of Man City usual starters playing tonight...

Hopefully have a tough night!
Attachments
Screenshot_20180919-190247_SofaScore.jpg
Screenshot_20180919-190247_SofaScore.jpg (268.96 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
jimmy_rat

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:44 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Most of Man City usual starters playing tonight...

Hopefully have a tough night!

Pretty tough so far. Losing 2 nil.
jimmy_rat

Postby HarriRhys22 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Lost 2-1 to Lyon at home tonight, shows they’re not unbeatable,remember beating them 3-2 last time in Premier League .Keep the faith!
HarriRhys22

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Manchester City head to Cardiff this weekend looking to get back to winning ways after their Champions League defeat against Lyon.

Goals from Maxwel Cornet and Nail Fekir were enough to secure all three points for the Ligue 1 side, although Bernardo Silva pulled one back to set up a grandstand finish.

Neither Sergio Aguero or Benjamin Mendy started the Champions League clash at the Etihad, having picked up ankle injuries last week.

Mandy was ruled out before City’s last Premier League match – a 3-0 win over Fulham – while Aguero suffered up a similar injury during the game.
Both players are fitness doubts ahead of the trip to Wales, although Aguero trained this week and made an appearance from the bench against Lyon.

If fit, the Argentinian is expected to reclaim his starting role up front at the expense of Gabriel Jesus.

Mendy is a bigger concern after his injury-plagued 2017/18 campaign, with Fabian Delph likely to deputise if the Frenchman fails to prove his fitness.

Regardless of whether Mendy or Aguero play, Pep Guardiola will still rely on the creativity of Leroy Sane, David Silva and Raheem Sterling to unlock the Bluebirds rearguard.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Nickoblue23 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am

Thinks its time for 3 at the back Saturday!!

Ethridge

Bamba
Morrison
Manga

Bennet
Jaz or Paterson

Ralls
Camarasa
Arter

Reid or Ward
Murphy if fit
Nickoblue23

Postby Bananas » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:30 am

Dahboy wrote:I'm going for a man city win by two.

Thanks u Jerk bstrd. Now back off to Planet Swamp. :old:
Bananas

Postby Bananas » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:31 am

2-1 to the only real City, the mighty Bluebirds :ayatollah:
Bananas

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 am

After being called a disorganised rabble you'd think be a bit of a backlash from them? I say 1-0 city but reality says 3-0 man c. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:46 pm

The early Cardiff City v Man City team news as Pep Guardiola's side have several concerns
By Ian Mitchelmore

Cardiff lock horns with the reigning Premier League champions in South Wales this weekend

Cardiff City have no fresh injury concerns ahead of their huge clash with reigning Premier League champions Man City on Saturday.

The Bluebirds remain without a win in the league so far this season but are still above the relegation zone ahead of the visit of Pep Guardiola's side having earned two draws from their five outings to date.

Neil Warnock will once again be unable to call upon the services of long-term absentee Nathaniel Mendez-Laing following the winger's injury in the early stages of the 0-0 draw with Huddersfield Town last month.

The Yorkshireman will also be without Josh Murphy who has not starred for the Bluebirds since the stalemate with Huddersfield due to a hamstring problem.

But the Bluebirds' only other concern surrounds the fitness of central midfielder Aron Gunnarsson.

The Iceland international is yet to feature for Cardiff this season due to a knee problem but is understood to be edging ever closer to getting back on the pitch having returned to training.

Warnock admitted he could have selected the midfielder against Chelsea last weekend before adding he does not want to rush the 29-year-old back too soon.

Man City have far more worries than the Bluebirds, although their squad depth means they will still field a very strong side in South Wales.

Striker Sergio Aguero is expected to featured after coming on as a substitute in the second half of his side's 2-1 Champions League defeat to Lyon on Wednesday having suffered an ankle problem against Fulham four days earlier.

But the reigning champions are sweating on the fitness of Benjamin Mendy who has not featured since before the international break.

The French left-back missed Man City's games with Fulham and Lyon due to a knee problem and could well miss the trip to the Welsh capital.

Belgium star Kevin De Bruyne - who scored against the Bluebirds in the FA Cup in January - will be the major absentee for the visitors after he was ruled out of action for around three months as a result of the knee injury he suffered in training last month.

And back-up goalkeeper Claudio Bravo is also a long-term absentee, meaning Kosovan youngster Aro Muric is set to feature on the bench once again as a No.2 to first choice shot stopper Ederson.

Elsewhere, Brazilian full-back Danilo is unlikely to be risked having not played since suffering a foot injury at the World Cup in Russia while youngster Philippe Sandler and centre-back Equalim Mangala are unavailable.
Attachments
Gunnar.jpg
Gunnar.jpg (37.47 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
De Bruyne.jpg
De Bruyne.jpg (67.06 KiB) Viewed 2559 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:58 pm

20/09/18

Aron Gunnarsson

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: TEAM NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY “ MATCH THREA

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Man City have far more worries than the Bluebirds, although their squad depth means they will still field a very strong side in South Wales.

20/09/18

Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne on crutches during an open training session last month
Striker Sergio Aguero is expected to featured after coming on as a substitute in the second half of his side's 2-1 Champions League defeat to Lyon on Wednesday having suffered an ankle problem against Fulham four days earlier.

But the reigning champions are sweating on the fitness of Benjamin Mendy who has not featured since before the international break.

The French left-back missed Man City's games with Fulham and Lyon due to a knee problem and could well miss the trip to the Welsh capital.

Belgium star Kevin De Bruyne - who scored against the Bluebirds in the FA Cup in January - will be the major absentee for the visitors after he was ruled out of action for around three months as a result of the knee injury he suffered in training last month.

And back-up goalkeeper Claudio Bravo is also a long-term absentee, meaning Kosovan youngster Aro Muric is set to feature on the bench once again as a No.2 to first choice shot stopper Ederson.

Elsewhere, Brazilian full-back Danilo is unlikely to be risked having not played since suffering a foot injury at the World Cup in Russia while youngster Philippe Sandler and centre-back Equalim Mangala are unavailable.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm

CARDIFF CITY V MANCHESTER CITY

Betting

The latest betting odds, courtesy of Sky Bet, for Saturday’s game.

Cardiff City win 16/1

Draw 6/1

Man City win 1/6
Attachments
E146049B-1037-415F-954B-8A04210F584D.jpeg
E146049B-1037-415F-954B-8A04210F584D.jpeg (138.83 KiB) Viewed 2428 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Harry Arter should be fit after going off during last weekend's match, while Aron Gunnarsson is set to miss out after suffering another knock in training. That means that the same side that started against Chelsea should also be rolled out against Manchester City.

Pep Guardiola will still be without Claudio Bravo and Kevin de Bruyne, the pair still injured and Benjamin Mendy remains a doubt so likely won't be risked on Saturday afternoon. Pep could rotate his side, as he usually does, but which positions he will do so is an impossible job to predict.

The same side which beat Fulham 3-0 at the weekend could make an appearance on Saturday, with the possibility of a few changes such as Mahrez, Stones or Gabriel Jesus starting from the off.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:31 am

Cardiff are winless in their last nine Premier League matches (D3 L6) since a 1-0 win at Southampton in April 2014.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:32 am

Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 21 Premier League games against promoted sides (W16 D5) since a 0-1 defeat at Burnley in March 2015.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: MATCH THREAD:“ CARDIFF CITY v MANCHESTER CITY “ MATCH TH

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:35 am

Cardiff have conceded in each of their last 20 top-flight games against the reigning champions, however the Bluebirds have only failed to score once in the previous 13 such contests – their most recent game against Manchester United in January 2014.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:37 am

This will be the third meeting between Cardiff and Man City in the Premier League, with the previous two encounters providing 11 goals – Cardiff winning 3-2 at home and losing 4-2 at the Etihad in 2013-14.

Cardiff City have won just one of their 14 Premier League games against the ‘big six’ sides (W1 D1 L12), losing each of their last 10 conceding 30 goals in the process.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Neil Etheridge Lee Peltier Sean Morrison Bruno Manga Greg Cunningham
Victor Camarasa Joe Ralls Harry Arter Junior Hoilett Bobby Reid Danny Ward

Subs: Brian Murphy Joe Bennett Jazz Richards
Sol Bamba Callum Paterson Josh Murphy Kenneth Zohore

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Another chance for the visitors.

Gundogan chips a ball in, Morrison heads it clear but only as far as the German midfielder.

His first touch takes him past Manga, but he fires it over.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:32 pm

0-1 Man City

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat