City v Man City

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City v Man City

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:40 pm

So how do we line up? I struggle to think of an answer other than they have a lot of games coming up and hope they feel disjointed. There squad players are quality as we seen last season.

I'm not sure.
2blue2handle

City v Man City

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: City v Man City

Postby montyblue » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:21 am

There is'nt any way to play city they will find a way through most teams what we should concentrate on is how to keep attacking teams work on our set pieces corners free kicks etc no point in parking the bus against the likes of city we where still in the game against chelsea 80 mins gone i think if we had tried parking the bus against chelsea we would have been 4 down by half time, after this city game we will have played 3 of the top 6 teams in the prem and we have more winable games coming up shortly at home burnley fulham wolves Leicester Brighton , the season does not end till next spring so a long way to go yet keep the faith.
montyblue

Postby bluemun » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:02 pm

I'd like to see Cunningham play, either at left or centre back. He needs and deserves a chance. Also, Murphy instead of either Hoilett or Reid. Murphy looked our best player early season. I can't see the point of not changing a losing team.
bluemun

Postby montyblue » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:13 pm

BLUEMUN
Agree to give holliet a rest bring on murphy would keep reid on nearly got one at chelsea and his work rate is good could try zohore with reid and give ward a break although ward and reid look the most likely to score but against city it would'nt hurt to try different players paterson looks very slow to me.
montyblue

Postby thomasblue » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:43 pm

My head says park the bus keep the goal difference down

My heart says stuff it and just attack them, everybody is beatable on any given day as proven the last time we played them in this league at home.

I do believe we need to play 5 at the back though to stop them playing behind us. Possibly an old fasioned sweeper system could work
thomasblue

Return to General Chat