Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Sol Bamba? “

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Opinions on Sol Bamba?

Is he Premier League Quality or does he make to many mistakes?

Re: “ Sol Bamba? “

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Too many mistakes, caught out of position too often, dives into challenges. Gave away a penalty when he was going away from goal

But....chelsea are different class. Against the teams in and around us he looks decent. But personally I’d play manga and morrisons together and sign a new rb in jan

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Had a really good first half! Struggling a bit more positioning second half, but that penalty challenge was embarrassing. Think he did ok, but I prefer a new right back and Manga beside Morrison. Morrison’s physical presence even in the premier league is impressive!

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:57 pm

My view can be a hero one minute, then next minute can be so costly with his mistakes.

Not Premier League for me.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Annis, hope all is well pal.
Of course Sol is not prem quality, and the fact is, we dont have a prem quality player amongst the entire squad, and in no way am i slating any player, its just the way it is atm, and the only player coming close to premier league reputation is Etheridge IMO, if he keeps up his form and, God forbid, we go down, he would deserve another chance in the prem, as Marshal did previously, also the fans home and away are giving it ALL!!!! However, in Warnock we trust to extract the best out of our players and im sure, as previously posted Sol will do well against the poorer teams in this league, and hopefully, come May we will have done better than the teams around us and stay up, a big ask, and we are punching above our weight even being in the prem, we all know this deep down, and when we play against the teams in the lower half of the league, every game will be a cup tie. BLOOBIIRRDS :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Etheridge and casamarra are premier League players

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:15 pm

castle view blu wrote:Etheridge and casamarra are premier League players

All 14 or so who played today are premier league players.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Didn't see the fans, icwales gave him a 7 which was one of the better scores.

For me I think the biggest difference is unlike the championship when he makes a mistake he doesn't have the time to make amends and more often than not we are punished.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Did ok for most of the game..however it was a very poor decision to even make a challenge and give away the penalty today

Didn’t need to even make a challenge the Chelsea forward was going nowhere

That’s his problem at times poor decision making, needs to improve it if we are going to stay up
Last edited by oohahhPaulMillar on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 pm

plymouthbloobirds wrote:Hi Annis, hope all is well pal.
Of course Sol is not prem quality, and the fact is, we dont have a prem quality player amongst the entire squad, and in no way am i slating any player, its just the way it is atm, and the only player coming close to premier league reputation is Etheridge IMO, if he keeps up his form and, God forbid, we go down, he would deserve another chance in the prem, as Marshal did previously, also the fans home and away are giving it ALL!!!! However, in Warnock we trust to extract the best out of our players and im sure, as previously posted Sol will do well against the poorer teams in this league, and hopefully, come May we will have done better than the teams around us and stay up, a big ask, and we are punching above our weight even being in the prem, we all know this deep down, and when we play against the teams in the lower half of the league, every game will be a cup tie. BLOOBIIRRDS :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Totally disagree.

I know the first two are not ours but I’m judging the squad as it stands now.

Camarasa sure is
Arter defo is
Bennett 100% is
Murphy what I’ve seen so far can cut it
Etheridge
Morrison has looked good and think he’ll improve.
Ralls again today was great. Hes turning into a PL midfielder
Cunningham & Gunner we’ve not seen yet but I think a few more will turn into PL players as we go.
We were well in that game until Bambas brainless tackle. It could have been closer.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi Norm,
Problem is pal, we are in the prem and deservedly so on merrit, and our team is well capable of being one of the best in the champ and having some of the best players in the champ, as proved last season, however the prem is different class, a complete different class, and to become a prem player is IMO a player that has arrived in the prem and stays there, although our team is in the prem (deservedly so), it does make them prem players as previously quoted, being prem quality is a different kettle of fish, I honestly do think we will stay up because i really feel Warnock will make a couple more additions during jan transfer window that will stand us in good stead. But as i said, it takes a prem quality player to stay in the prem with his team and not get relegated to be prem quality. ATM we dont have it, although hopefully, with a few more games experience players will shine through :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:18 pm

I bet everybody on here was saying he was after 30 minutes. We got beat by Chelsea, a team who spend more on one player than our entire squad cost. Most of our players are going to have to learn and I believe they will but let's not start finding scapegoats already. They need us all behind them

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Agreed. COME ON CITY :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:44 pm

You watch Arter and Camarasa and they are head and shoulders above the rest. They are premier league quality. The Bamba thing is funny because if say he scored the Winner today or in any other game most on this post will be saying how good he really is and how they never doubted him

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:53 pm

bluebird04 wrote:You watch Arter and Camarasa and they are head and shoulders above the rest. They are premier league quality. The Bamba thing is funny because if say he scored the Winner today or in any other game most on this post will be saying how good he really is and how they never doubted him

Not today they weren’t. Bamba was without question the best City player first half. But struggled like the rest of the team with positioning second half. That penalty let him down, and of course fans have the right to ask the question.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:01 pm

He puts in seriously great tackles and gets us out of some serious shit
Butttttttt
He can also land us in some serious shit far to often

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:40 pm

I think Bamba is a prem league player , most defenders in the prem league would look daft against a great team like Chelsea, and on form Hazzard can take any team at any level he is world class so lets look at xmas and see how the boys are doing

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:53 pm

He was absolutely quality in the first half. Big occasion against a team playing some unbelievable stuff.. any team in the bottom half would have centre halves that would make the same mistakes, and you see it every weekend!

We’re not in the championship anymore. We’ve played some world class opposition today, if you want a centre half that doesn’t make a mistake in these big games then please find us £50m from somewhere for him.

He will do a job for us this season, end of.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:15 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
castle view blu wrote:Etheridge and casamarra are premier League players

All 14 or so who played today are premier league players.

:thumbright: ;) :ayatollah: :clap: :notworthy:

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:33 am

That result today was always going to happen .

For a short while it looked possible that we were going to be able to do something but in the end Chelsea are one of those six or so clubs which are not so much football teams but very expensive circus acts. You can't generally compete with them and their victory is worthless in my opinion because it's just bought and payed for before they take the field.

The rest of the clubs which are real football teams just have to accept this situation and Cardiff City are no exception.

Pointing the finger at Sol Bamba, a great player who has done us great service and will continue to do so, is ridiculous.
Like every other player he's still ajusting to this league and he's not doing badly in my opinion. I'm afraid everyone makes mistakes and that includes him. We're not going to be buying any players from Real Madrid for £200million so he'll continue to do his best and he needs and deserves our support in that.
If he wasn't trying I'd agree, but he certainly is and I think he'll get much better as the season goes on.

The only damage that result can do to us is to dent our morale and the solidarity of the club spirit if we let it, so let's not.

We're on a journey but it'll take a lot more time and effort before we get to where we can be and we must be realistic about the route, upon which we will not be chauffeur driven at the expense of any foreign billionaire consortiums. It'll be more like a route march , but that method has been known to succeed in the past and we know the difficulties and limitations so there's no point or benefit in complaining about them at this point.

Let's just learn what we can from this and go on to the next stage together.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:51 am

Please don't Slaggyford any of our players off. They are trying their guts out against what are obviously higher class players. If Hazard had not played yesterday the result would have quite different. Forget his goals he ran the game from start to end. Everything went through him. We play Man City next week where will be totally outclassed again but the lads will again work their guts out. If we keep this attitude it will work out for us against lesser teams in the Premier League. Don't slag them get behind them.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:53 am

Slaggyford is a mistake. I'm tired just got back from Chelsea. Blooooobirds.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:55 am

Top post from SirJimmyScoular 100% agree.
Let's just try and enjoy the Man City game and then the focus on Burnley,
a game which is far more important and actually winnable.
:bluescarf: :thumbup:

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:55 am

Top post from SirJimmyScoular 100% agree.
Let's just try and enjoy the Man City game and then the focus on Burnley,
a game which is far more important and actually winnable.
:bluescarf: :thumbup:

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:19 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:That result today was always going to happen .

For a short while it looked possible that we were going to be able to do something but in the end Chelsea are one of those six or so clubs which are not so much football teams but very expensive circus acts. You can't generally compete with them and their victory is worthless in my opinion because it's just bought and payed for before they take the field.

The rest of the clubs which are real football teams just have to accept this situation and Cardiff City are no exception.

Pointing the finger at Sol Bamba, a great player who has done us great service and will continue to do so, is ridiculous.
Like every other player he's still ajusting to this league and he's not doing badly in my opinion. I'm afraid everyone makes mistakes and that includes him. We're not going to be buying any players from Real Madrid for £200million so he'll continue to do his best and he needs and deserves our support in that.
If he wasn't trying I'd agree, but he certainly is and I think he'll get much better as the season goes on.

The only damage that result can do to us is to dent our morale and the solidarity of the club spirit if we let it, so let's not.

We're on a journey but it'll take a lot more time and effort before we get to where we can be and we must be realistic about the route, upon which we will not be chauffeur driven at the expense of any foreign billionaire consortiums. It'll be more like a route march , but that method has been known to succeed in the past and we know the difficulties and limitations so there's no point or benefit in complaining about them at this point.

Let's just learn what we can from this and go on to the next stage together.

Well said.

Bamba was very good in the first half yesterday but of course he was going to struggle against top, top opponents, one of which is certainly one of the top 5 or 6 players in the world and another in Giroud who won the World Cup only a few months ago!

Only two seasons ago Sol was without a club FFS!

Always gives 100% every game - was immense last season and thoroughly deserves his chance in the Premier League.

He'll do for me!

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:00 pm

He’s not doing too bad based on these stats.

Bamba has 39 clearances in the league this season, ranking him 2nd out of everyone in the league. Only behind Bournemouth’s Steve Cook with 41.

Bamba also has 12 interceptions in the league, only behind Watford’s Etienne Capoue and Kabasele.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:26 pm

norms76 wrote:He’s not doing too bad based on these stats.

Bamba has 39 clearances in the league this season, ranking him 2nd out of everyone in the league. Only behind Bournemouth’s Steve Cook with 41.

Bamba also has 12 interceptions in the league, only behind Watford’s Etienne Capoue and Kabasele.

I just read the same, will give Sol a separate topic on it :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
norms76 wrote:He’s not doing too bad based on these stats.

I just read the same, will give Sol a separate topic on it :thumbright: :thumbright:

:thumbright: