Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Madine

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Why did he bring him on? We looked threatening with Bobby Reid and Ward up top.
Brought on Madine and we instantly lost it.
The closing down that Ward and Bobby done all afternoon instantly stopped and this then meant Chelsea's defence could push up to half way with practically no pressure at all.
I will normally back players 100%, but I find him a waste of money and a lazy so and so.

Re: Gary Madine

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Becouse the plan was to play long balls. Put Morrison upfront with Madine and go for it. Manga moved in the middle and Jazz dropping deeper. Then Bambi goes insane...

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Poor mans (or very expensive) Callum Paterson.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Embarrassing!

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:29 pm

Madine is just a lump, and an infective one at that! Since he’s been here I’ve not seen one moment where he has surpassed my low expectations. He looks just what I thought he was when we signed him, a league one journeyman.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:32 pm

How can anyone slate Madine from this preformence? We had our back against the wall, was changing it at tha back looking for long balls. Then Bamba has a minor second of insanity. Hardly Madines fault.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:55 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:How can anyone slate Madine from this preformence? We had our back against the wall, was changing it at tha back looking for long balls. Then Bamba has a minor second of insanity. Hardly Madines fault.

Because he's an absolute donkey. He's 6 ft 2, cannot hold the ball up, cannot run with the ball, cannot win a header, cannot do anything really.
As soon as he brought him on the game was finished.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Cardiffboy95 wrote:Why did he bring him on? We looked threatening with Bobby Reid and Ward up top.
Brought on Madine and we instantly lost it.
The closing down that Ward and Bobby done all afternoon instantly stopped and this then meant Chelsea's defence could push up to half way with practically no pressure at all.
I will normally back players 100%, but I find him a waste of money and a lazy so and so.

Warnock is desperate to prove to the fans he hasn't wasted millions in brining Madine to the club,good luck with that Neil

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Becouse the plan was to play long balls. Put Morrison upfront with Madine and go for it. Manga moved in the middle and Jazz dropping deeper. Then Bambi goes insane...

pretty much sums it up, he comes on and 3mins later we conceded the pen which pretty much ends it for us, 3 mins again its 4 and defo all over.....but it wont stop the Madine hate..he should have sprinted the length of the pitch pushed Bamba out of the way, made the perfect tackle coming away with the ball then dribbled back up field beating 6/7 Chelsea players before equalising with a net bursting shot...

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:18 am

Purely a change of tactic and good to see our squad members getting involved. It’s going to be a long season, where we need to support whoever wears the blue shirt of Cardiff City.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

I'm sorry to say that my first thought when Madine came on was "How shit must Zohore be in training?" :o :o

Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:58 pm

davids wrote:I'm sorry to say that my first thought when Madine came on was "How shit must Zohore be in training?" :o :o

Funnily enough that's what I was thinking :lol: In all seriousness Madine is a lazy donkey who cant anticipate where the ball is going to drop (which for a striker is criminal) cant hold the ball up and doesn't react to s*it. He's basically a 6m Frederic Gounongbe.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Not sure why Warnock signed him. Better off sticking Big Ken on. Tan did not invest enough over summer. We desperately needed a striker!

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Oh come on,you cannot blame Madine for yesterday. Hes obviously struggled while hes been here,but Warnock made the right call and Bamba dives in-game over

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:29 pm

I predict he'll be out of the door in January without having scored a goal. I wonder if this might be some sort of record, if it happens.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm

I am no fan of Madine but how any one can blame him for yesterday is beyond belief.

Chelsea's back four had been strolling around for twenty minutes because Ward had finally run out of steam and Reed, apart from one admittedly good effort, had been completely ineffectual in the second half. Warnock clearly felt the best option was to see if we could put them under a bit of pressure by bringing on big men for the last 20 and Patterson, within seconds of coming on, won the first ball in the air in the box that we had won all half and was causing them more problems than they had since we scored. Warnock clearly thought Chelsea were looking vulnerable in the air and went for bust as it was now or never.
Had they not scored soon after it may have worked and we could have got a way with a rather lucky draw against a very good side.

To blame Madine for Bamba's rush of blood 50 yards away from him is incredible.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:12 pm

JJ1927 wrote:I am no fan of Madine but how any one can blame him for yesterday is beyond belief.

Chelsea's back four had been strolling around for twenty minutes because Ward had finally run out of steam and Reed, apart from one admittedly good effort, had been completely ineffectual in the second half. Warnock clearly felt the best option was to see if we could put them under a bit of pressure by bringing on big men for the last 20 and Patterson, within seconds of coming on, won the first ball in the air in the box that we had won all half and was causing them more problems than they had since we scored. Warnock clearly thought Chelsea were looking vulnerable in the air and went for bust as it was now or never.
Had they not scored soon after it may have worked and we could have got a way with a rather lucky draw against a very good side.

To blame Madine for Bamba's rush of blood 50 yards away from him is incredible.

Moving away from this. I'm not exactly blaming Madine for Bamba's rush of blood.
What I was trying to state was as soon as he come on, the closing down stopped upfront. Meaning Chelsea's defence could now happily bring the ball out over the half way line pushing us further back.
Madine should have been chomping at the bit, closing them down left, right and centre but as usual it looked like he couldn't be bothered in all honesty.