UPDATED SHOCKING: LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED SHOCKING: LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN D

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Both on the latter end of their career. Understand them well!
Scandinavianbluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby fred keenor » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Sent off after the comments made today by NW.
Coincidence I'm sure.
fred keenor

Postby fred keenor » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Wages doubled on promotion.
fred keenor

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:13 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:struggling to see the problem, not their fault we’re paying them so highly and they only have a few years left in them

They turned down loan moves. They would of still got paid the same but both would rather play for the U23s for some strange reason.
Llan_Blue

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:struggling to see the problem, not their fault we’re paying them so highly and they only have a few years left in them

They turned down loan moves. They would of still got paid the same but both would rather play for the U23s for some strange reason.

Surely not. That would make no sense.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:36 pm

I don't really see a problem here, the club game them the contract so they have to pay it.

Yes I'm surprised they turned down loan moves but that is their choice and they may not want to move their family for a short term move.

Yes it's costing us but it's a small amount compared to what we got for going up. It's just one of those things.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

not keeping your wage is what wouldnt make sense surely..?
why would any player ever go out on loan if it was going to cost him a small fortune in wages?

the only player i can think of that did take a drop was Emyr Huws, and that was so unusual it was commented on by mr Warnock.
dogfound

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

not keeping your wage is what wouldnt make sense surely..?
why would any player ever go out on loan if it was going to cost him a small fortune in wages?

the only player i can think of that did take a drop was Emyr Huws, and that was so unusual it was commented on by mr Warnock.

I know a lot of young players focused on development who would do that. But not these two. But not going out on loan if they kept their wages would make absolutely no sense. It would be like being a footballer on spite :lol:
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Don’t think anyone has mentioned it yet but Tomlin IS A BETTER PLAYER than a few in our 25 man squad. Yes, had problems in the past, went to Forest where he stood out, lost loads of weight & was then cast to one side. Even Pilkington is better than some of the 25 named. We don’t know what goes on in the background but based on the 25 named both can be considered unlucky not to make the squad based on footballing ability.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby dogfound » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:44 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Don’t think anyone has mentioned it yet but Tomlin IS A BETTER PLAYER than a few in our 25 man squad. Yes, had problems in the past, went to Forest where he stood out, lost loads of weight & was then cast to one side. Even Pilkington is better than some of the 25 named. We don’t know what goes on in the background but based on the 25 named both can be considered unlucky not to make the squad based on footballing ability.

by stood out at forest..you meen some people thought he had some nice touches..?

because his record there was really not great..lost most of the games he played....Forest didnt score in most of the games he played and when they did score he was only on the field for 50% of those goals and both Forest and each of these teams he stood out against could have signed him for peanuts.?..Hardly Roy of the Rovers

POTENTIALLY better than some of our 25....but contributed less.
dogfound

Postby bluebird12345 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Say what you want about them , but their goals help us get up. They didnt get put in our 25 man squad . Would rather have an unfit tomlin than a poor damour, and id rather pilkington than madine! Id love to do nothing in work and get paid thousands!
bluebird12345

Postby goats » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:52 am

Reckon Neil probably thought he turn tomlin around where so many have failed. Obv not. Incredible that football has made him so wealthy with that attitude. I bet NW is gutted he’s wasted so much cash in him and maybe Madine too, or will he come through and prove us all wrong?
goats

Postby brickyblue » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:49 am

Pilkington has been a good player good pro for us should of gone on loan with a wage package agreement. Tomlin has done that forest didn't want him we don't want him.Thing is if I was no longer putting the effort it in my work I either would be on lower pay or customers wouldn't want me hence no pay.
Now Tomlin comes into these brackets and he still gets played all that money.
Football is ridiculous if he ain't fit for work due to his own neglect sack him plain and simple.
If he is fit loan him out and pay a large part of his wage at least get something back.
City to blame here aswell for giving him to much bloody money.
brickyblue

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:55 am

fred keenor wrote:Sent off after the comments made today by NW.
Coincidence I'm sure.

To get sent off in DVP match, means the offence has to be really bad.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:56 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Don’t think anyone has mentioned it yet but Tomlin IS A BETTER PLAYER than a few in our 25 man squad. Yes, had problems in the past, went to Forest where he stood out, lost loads of weight & was then cast to one side. Even Pilkington is better than some of the 25 named. We don’t know what goes on in the background but based on the 25 named both can be considered unlucky not to make the squad based on footballing ability.

So why did Warnock not include Tomlin in the 25 man squad, if Tomlin is better?? ?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:30 am

bluebird12345 wrote:Say what you want about them , but their goals help us get up. They didnt get put in our 25 man squad . Would rather have an unfit tomlin than a poor damour, and id rather pilkington than madine! Id love to do nothing in work and get paid thousands!

Well you should consider a career in politics then. They've even got a local branch in Cardiff now if you can't get into Westminster or can't be bothered to get on the train.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:

So why did Warnock not include Tomlin in the 25 man squad, if Tomlin is better?? ?

I don't know of course, but I'd guess that there's some problem lurking in the background because Tomlin does seem to have more talent than we'd expect from a man who's been bounced round lots of clubs and isn't getting in the squad at his current club . Could be any one of a number of things and I'm not going to speculate but I'm sure you know the sort of thing I mean - some people can't handle the money and noteriety at such a young age and they end up dabbling in all sorts of self destructive hobbies.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't know of course, but I'd guess that there's some problem lurking in the background because Tomlin does seem to have more talent than we'd expect from a man who's been bounced round lots of clubs and isn't getting in the squad at his current club . Could be any one of a number of things and I'm not going to speculate but I'm sure you know the sort of thing I mean - some people can't handle the money and noteriety at such a young age and they end up dabbling in all sorts of self destructive hobbies.

I feel and see it the same way as you do :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:28 am

They might be on stupid money but I’d rather be playing so shows their intent!

I bet the 25 man squad are on a bonus for keeping us
up so at least they won’t be having that!
Pulisnewport

Postby redbird » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:41 pm

But where are we going to get two quality premiership players for wages of £140,000 a month?
redbird

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:53 pm

redbird wrote:But where are we going to get two quality premiership players for wages of £140,000 a month?

That’s just Lee Tomlins basic wage.

That money alone could help.

So is the money being well spent now?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:10 pm

stickywicket wrote:Different story with Pilks.Unlucky not to make the 25.

I agree, I would have included Pilks too, but what do I know?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure AP had his contract extended during Paul Trollops short reign, but is there history with Pilks and Neil Warnock at previous clubs, like Huddersfield?

As for LT, I can't think of one City manager from Jimmy Andrews onwards that has not signed the odd dud player or two.
Robin Friday being one, Ronnie Moore another, Godfrey Ingram, etc, etc, etc. You could write a book on ex City players who all had Great potential, but ultimatly, either had limited commitment, or limited ability to perform.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:16 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure AP had his contract extended during Paul Trollops short reign, but is there history with Pilks and Neil Warnock at previous clubs, like Huddersfield?

As for LT, I can't think of one City manager from Jimmy Andrews onwards that has not signed the odd dud player or two.
Robin Friday being one, Ronnie Moore another, Godfrey Ingram, etc, etc, etc. You could write a book on ex City players who all had Great potential, but ultimatly, either had limited commitment, or limited ability to perform.

Robin Friday???? :? :shock: :(

Wash your mouth out with soap, RICK+CCFC! :o

Robin 'Man' Friday is a City legend with no peer! ;) :ayatollah:

RIP, Robin :cry: :notworthy:
Attachments
Robin Friday 2.jpg
Robin Friday 2.jpg (51.94 KiB) Viewed 614 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Crayfish » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:29 pm

It is true that every manager has signed one or two duff players in their time. What is annoying about both Tomlin and Madine was that there was every sign that they might well turn out to be duff before we signed them.Tomlin had disciplinary and fitness problems at all his previous clubs and it could be said that perhaps it was a bit naive of Neil Warnock to think he could be the only manager to sort him out. As for Madine this was obviously a panic buy and a big mistake. He is basically a lower division journeyman who was going through a rare purple patch at Bolton. To pay £6 million for home was ridiculous. We would be lucky to get £500,000 if we sold him tomorrow.

That said I like Warnock and want him to stay as our manager long term but trying to defend these bad signings is not on.
Crayfish

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Sven wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

Robin Friday???? :? :shock: :(

Wash your mouth out with soap, RICK+CCFC! :o

Robin 'Man' Friday is a City legend with no peer! ;) :ayatollah:

RIP, Robin :cry: :notworthy:

The relevant points I was making was all managers make mistakes,,,, & sometimes gamble on certain individual players who have had a "chequered" past,,,, in the hope of turning their "attitudes" and playing career around, so to speak.

In the case of Robin Friday & Lee Tomlin, there is no doubt certain similarities between the two players,,, both have or had an abundance of raw natural talent, & both abused their responsibilities as professional football players, & let the fans, players & management down.
RICK+CCFC

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:18 pm

It's frustrating to have players on that wage and not in the 25 but they don't have to go out on loan if they don't want too.

On that note with the comments saying their doing nothing their not in the 25 man squad so what else you expecting them to do? :lol:

Their making themselves available for U23 matches and theirs been no rumours or speculation of them complaining about this? Tomlin been out on loan last season so he shown he can go and do that but maybe the offers weren't suited to what they wanted?

They probably working hard in training but if their not in the 25 man squad I don't see what people are expecting from them?
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:It's frustrating to have players on that wage and not in the 25 but they don't have to go out on loan if they don't want too.

On that note with the comments saying their doing nothing their not in the 25 man squad so what else you expecting them to do? :lol:

Their making themselves available for U23 matches and theirs been no rumours or speculation of them complaining about this? Tomlin been out on loan last season so he shown he can go and do that but maybe the offers weren't suited to what they wanted?

They probably working hard in training but if their not in the 25 man squad I don't see what people are expecting from them?

I think the big issue Dando is the fact that Lee Tomlin Should be in our 25 man squad, he should be playing Premiership football for us, and he should be playing his part and making a big difference,,, but he's not,,,, and from what I can gather he doesn't want to either.
RICK+CCFC

Previous

Return to General Chat