UPDATED SHOCKING: LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED SHOCKING: LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:18 am

Neil Warnock on Pilkington and Tomlin

“They’re playing at Coventry today with the Under-23s."

“They had options to go into the Championship but they turned them down,even though they can't play for my first team"

" I was surprised they didn’t want to go and play first team football.”




UPDATED:

14/09/18

LEE TOMLIN TODAY SENT OFF V COVENTRY CITY'S UNDER 23'S IN THE 25TH MIN & PILKS BOOKED.




My view: So they can't even fight for a first team place at City and turn down moves, for me they are just sitting there taking approx over £240,000 a month between them of Cardiff for doing nothing at all :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tomlin is on approx £140,000 basic wage a month at Cardiff City :shock:


Costing our club a fortune and we could be bringing in 2 quality players for that amount of money, that are needed urgently.



Has Warnock put the following out, because he is let down by these players? ?




14/09/18


Neil Warnock on Pilkington and Tomlin

“They’re playing at Coventry today with the Under-23s."

“They had options to go into the Championship but they turned them down,even though they can't play for my first team"

“I’ve had no hassle with them but I was surprised they didn’t want to go and play first team football.”
Attachments
neil_warnock_manager_of_cardiff_city_before_the_sky_bet_champion_655630.jpg
neil_warnock_manager_of_cardiff_city_before_the_sky_bet_champion_655630.jpg (41.35 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

UPDATED SHOCKING: LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:27 am

LEE TOMLIN

Dail Mail

Lee Tomlin was almost two stone overweight...

Lee Tomlin was rejected as a teenager by Leicester City and Liverpool

The forward was even sent out on loan by Rushden and Diamonds

He revived his career with help of Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson

Tomlin was sent off when Middlesbrough scouts went to watch him

Tomlin fighting, court case.


Lee Tomlin would be the first to admit he has gone dangerously close to blowing his career.

The Middlesbrough forward had a rather poor attitude and was kicked out of Leicester City — he was even sent out on loan by Rushden and Diamonds.

‘I was playing for Brackley Town with team-mates who were carpenters and police officers,’ he says. ‘At that stage I did think it was over.’
Attachments
2592BD1700000578-0-image-m-39_1423778548276.jpg
2592BD1700000578-0-image-m-39_1423778548276.jpg (41.76 KiB) Viewed 5557 times
2592BCFF00000578-0-image-a-40_1423778556090.jpg
2592BCFF00000578-0-image-a-40_1423778556090.jpg (38.98 KiB) Viewed 5560 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:35 am

struggling to see the problem, not their fault we’re paying them so highly and they only have a few years left in them
BluebirdWhitchurch
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:36 am

Annis, my view is exactly the same mate.
The trouble is, that if theyre earning enormous amounts here and are being offered half of that (or even less) elsewhere, Championship or not, theyre going to stay put.
It will be a different case I'm sure if a similar offer comes in for Pilkington towards the end of his contract, his head will surely be turned then.
In LTs case I'm afraid we're going to be stuck with him for a while yet unless we put some sort of package together and part pay wages.
Fact of football life I'm afraid mate.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 1605
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:39 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Annis, my view is exactly the same mate.
The trouble is, that if theyre earning enormous amounts here and are being offered half of that (or even less) elsewhere, Championship or not, theyre going to stay put.
It will be a different case I'm sure if a similar offer comes in for Pilkington towards the end of his contract, his head will surely be turned then.
In LTs case I'm afraid we're going to be stuck with him for a while yet unless we put some sort of package together and part pay wages.
Fact of football life I'm afraid mate.


Sadly your right as well, they will both cost us a fortune for nothing.

Pilks will have a shock next season, he will be lucky to get £10,000 a week of a club after doing nothing this season.

Lee Tomlin in my opinion for years has been a waste of talent and a problem player and looks like he is continuing that way.


Surely they would have wanted to be very successful players in the Championship that suits them both.


I don't think Warnock is a very happy manager and thats why he has today told everyone.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Bluesman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 am

Why did we sign LT what did Warnock see in him. Complete bad buy.
Bluesman
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:41 am

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:struggling to see the problem, not their fault we’re paying them so highly and they only have a few years left in them


Costing our club a fortune.

Plus Tomlin has done nothing for his money whilst at our club, BIG BIG PROBLEM IN MY EYES.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:43 am

I honestly believe Tomlin could become a Premier player if he put his mind ot it and got fit. The only way he is going to do that is go to another club and work on it.

As for Pilkington I would have thought with a year left of his contract he would have wanted to go out on loan to make himself more marketable. He will still be on the same money regardless where he goes.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 15611
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Bluesman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:45 am

Can't we sack Tomlin for being unfit for work and have him sign on the sick. Only wish we could.
Bluesman
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:48 am

Bluesman wrote:Why did we sign LT what did Warnock see in him. Complete bad buy.


On this one Warnock made a bad signing in my view,really bad, but I have said before so have our previous managers and many other clubs managers.

Tomlin costing City over £1.5mill a year in wages with add ons and cost us nearly £2mill to buy him.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:50 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I honestly believe Tomlin could become a Premier player if he put his mind ot it and got fit. The only way he is going to do that is go to another club and work on it.

As for Pilkington I would have thought with a year left of his contract he would have wanted to go out on loan to make himself more marketable. He will still be on the same money regardless where he goes.


Its a strange one Ian,

Why did Warnock drop Tomlin, exactly like other managers have? ?

Tomlin should have taken the offer to play first team football at Championship level, I can't stand players with his attitude.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby bluebird04 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 am

really, I remember posting on here back when we signed Tomlin, and saying he would be a liability, hes always over weight, and takes up high wages, and I remember loads on here slating me telling me he was one of the best in the championship, and even though all his other managers couldn't get him in shape, Warnock was the ONLY guy who could. I am sure even you annis were saying he was quality and Warnock would be the one manager who throughout his career actually got him fit.

I don't blame either of these two lads, I would do the exact same thing, if I was them, get paid silly money by us, and do nothing or take a big pay cut to play lower level..... and I can see the same thing happening with Madine
bluebird04
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby grange_end1927 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:56 am

Tomlin what a tw*t and greedy lazy b*stard, not welcome at City :evil:
grange_end1927
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I honestly believe Tomlin could become a Premier player if he put his mind ot it and got fit. The only way he is going to do that is go to another club and work on it.

As for Pilkington I would have thought with a year left of his contract he would have wanted to go out on loan to make himself more marketable. He will still be on the same money regardless where he goes.


Its a strange one Ian,

Why did Warnock drop Tomlin, exactly like other managers have? ?

Tomlin should have taken the offer to play first team football at Championship level, I can't stand players with his attitude.


I agree with you with regards of disliking players with his attitude but why should he have taken the offer to play first team football at championship level?
He, obviously, is not in love with football or dying to play as this shows with his attitude, fitness and weight problems so why would he move when he’s on excessive wages? It’s just a job for him with his lazy attitude.
The blame lies with Warnock not Tomlin I’m afraid.
True Blue through & through.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 5725
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:07 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I honestly believe Tomlin could become a Premier player if he put his mind ot it and got fit. The only way he is going to do that is go to another club and work on it.

As for Pilkington I would have thought with a year left of his contract he would have wanted to go out on loan to make himself more marketable. He will still be on the same money regardless where he goes.


Its a strange one Ian,

Why did Warnock drop Tomlin, exactly like other managers have? ?

Tomlin should have taken the offer to play first team football at Championship level, I can't stand players with his attitude.


I agree with you with regards of disliking players with his attitude but why should he have taken the offer to play first team football at championship level?
He, obviously, is not in love with football or dying to play as this shows with his attitude, fitness and weight problems so why would he move when he’s on excessive wages? It’s just a job for him with his lazy attitude.
The blame lies with Warnock not Tomlin I’m afraid.



Agreed with you regarding the whole of Tomlins attitude.

But Warnock believes in giving bad boys chances and usually gets the best out of them, but it looks like this one was to rotten.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:09 am

bluebird04 wrote:really, I remember posting on here back when we signed Tomlin, and saying he would be a liability, hes always over weight, and takes up high wages, and I remember loads on here slating me telling me he was one of the best in the championship, and even though all his other managers couldn't get him in shape, Warnock was the ONLY guy who could. I am sure even you annis were saying he was quality and Warnock would be the one manager who throughout his career actually got him fit.

I don't blame either of these two lads, I would do the exact same thing, if I was them, get paid silly money by us, and do nothing or take a big pay cut to play lower level..... and I can see the same thing happening with Madine



I never said Lee Tomlin was quality, he can be,but he has big problems, if you look through my posts, I always was saying I was shocked we signed Tomlin with his court case coming up.

I do agree, Warnock got Tomlin looking fit :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:12 am

Well that's exactly right. No one can blame the players for taking the money, which can set them up for life if they invest it. It's a very unfortunate situation which has rather developed on its own and we're stuck with it.
I would suggest in future some contingency clause in contracts which prevents this happening - perhaps an option for the club to buy out of the contract for a considerable sum after a year or something.

In any case, it highlights the ridiculous situation of wages in professional football and this needs addressing. In the USA it was getting like that a few years back in pro football and they introduced a profit sharing and transfer system which put a stop to it and saved the game . We really need to do that for the sake of the whole game here because it's gradually ruining the sport.

If the measure of success is just money and anyone with enough of it can just buy success then it's not really sport any
more is it? Similarly , good teams can be ruined by trying to find and match unimaginable sums of money before they can even compete.

This is like a seven stone weakling being able to become the World Heavyweight Boxing champion by paying someone to have the fights for them and if we continue on like this the whole thing will eventually become totally meaningless .
SirJimmySchoular
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:18 am

bluebird04 wrote:really, I remember posting on here back when we signed Tomlin, and saying he would be a liability, hes always over weight, and takes up high wages, and I remember loads on here slating me telling me he was one of the best in the championship, and even though all his other managers couldn't get him in shape, Warnock was the ONLY guy who could. I am sure even you annis were saying he was quality and Warnock would be the one manager who throughout his career actually got him fit.

I don't blame either of these two lads, I would do the exact same thing, if I was them, get paid silly money by us, and do nothing or take a big pay cut to play lower level..... and I can see the same thing happening with Madine


I can remember a few posters warning against signing Lee Tomlin presumably you were one of them. At the time I thought it was a great signing but that was based on his performance against us at CCS which just proves one swallow doesn't make a summer :lol:

I can see where Annis is coming from and TBH I agree with the sentiment of his opinion, but a contract is a contract and as long as both players uphold their end of the bargain (report for training and make themselves available for selection (U23's obviously)) then they are entitled to collect their contractual wages.

It might be time for clubs to start inserting clauses into contracts that if a player is deemed outside the matchday squad then they must accept a reasonable offer to go out on loan. Great idea I suppose but it would be a bitch to get players to accept such a clause :banghead:
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 12645
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:really, I remember posting on here back when we signed Tomlin, and saying he would be a liability, hes always over weight, and takes up high wages, and I remember loads on here slating me telling me he was one of the best in the championship, and even though all his other managers couldn't get him in shape, Warnock was the ONLY guy who could. I am sure even you annis were saying he was quality and Warnock would be the one manager who throughout his career actually got him fit.

I don't blame either of these two lads, I would do the exact same thing, if I was them, get paid silly money by us, and do nothing or take a big pay cut to play lower level..... and I can see the same thing happening with Madine


I can remember a few posters warning against signing Lee Tomlin presumably you were one of them. At the time I thought it was a great signing but that was based on his performance against us at CCS which just proves one swallow doesn't make a summer :lol:

I can see where Annis is coming from and TBH I agree with the sentiment of his opinion, but a contract is a contract and as long as both players uphold their end of the bargain (report for training and make themselves available for selection (U23's obviously)) then they are entitled to collect their contractual wages.

It might be time for clubs to start inserting clauses into contracts that if a player is deemed outside the matchday squad then they must accept a reasonable offer to go out on loan. Great idea I suppose but it would be a bitch to get players to accept such a clause :banghead:



I agree with you Tony, contracts needed to be worded differently in future, especially players with troubled pasts.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I honestly believe Tomlin could become a Premier player if he put his mind ot it and got fit. The only way he is going to do that is go to another club and work on it.

As for Pilkington I would have thought with a year left of his contract he would have wanted to go out on loan to make himself more marketable. He will still be on the same money regardless where he goes.


Its a strange one Ian,

Why did Warnock drop Tomlin, exactly like other managers have? ?

Tomlin should have taken the offer to play first team football at Championship level, I can't stand players with his attitude.



A quick question: Was Neil Warnock actually referring to 'loan' deals at Championship clubs? :?

Given the Premier League wages both are currently on, that would seem to be the obvious scenario (particularly in Tomlin's case) rather the permanent deals that would see the pair take massive pay drops

There's a double-edged sword here...

If the pair turned down 'loan' deals, which would mean them taking home the same money every week as they do now, then that smacks of unprofessionalism (more surprisingly in the up to now very professional Pilks than the apparently lethargic Tomlin) when they could be playing regular football and (you never know) making a case for inclusion in the revised City squad come the next transfer window

If the moves mooted were to be 'permanent' and each player had to take a considerable pay drop, then I have some sympathy, as the club gave them the contracts and the club have chosen not to utilise their assets (the players)

Can never be too sure what goes on behind the scenes but Neil Warnock will have had his reasons for signing Tomlin (on paper he could be a game changer) but equally, he will have his reasons for discarding him from the first team squad

Another issue is that he (Tomlin) will surely command a transfer fee to even partly recoup the initial fee paid, although that would be massively reduced given the baggage he carries and that other clubs are alerted to City (maybe more so Neil Warnock) wanting him out desperately?

Pilks is slightly different, as he has been a great member of the City squad for some years and has (more than once) played his part when called upon in a very professional (and appreciated by City supporters) manner. Personally, I believe he was far more worthy of being in City's Premier League squad of 25 than certain others

I'm a little reticent to say anything detrimental about Pilks (no longer so for Tomlin, who I initially supported and wanted to see him given a chance) but it appears to me that the best way forward is to negotiate a severance deal and let both parties move on

Tomlin's situation will currently be a little more difficult to resolve, so long as he appears 'happy' to sit on his piles (there's a double entendre in there ;) ) and if he can't be moved on at Christmas, then maybe time for the club to take some medicine, cut their losses and wave goodbye to someone who doesn't appear to be motivated to utilise his undoubted footballing talent

It's a conundrum but one that needs to be sorted sooner rather than later for the sake of all concerned :ayatollah:
Attachments
Tomlin.jpg
Tomlin.jpg (65.39 KiB) Viewed 4892 times
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 13987
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby stickywicket » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 am

Different story with Pilks.Unlucky not to make the 25.
User avatar
stickywicket
 
Posts: 1481
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I honestly believe Tomlin could become a Premier player if he put his mind ot it and got fit. The only way he is going to do that is go to another club and work on it.

As for Pilkington I would have thought with a year left of his contract he would have wanted to go out on loan to make himself more marketable. He will still be on the same money regardless where he goes.


Its a strange one Ian,

Why did Warnock drop Tomlin, exactly like other managers have? ?

Tomlin should have taken the offer to play first team football at Championship level, I can't stand players with his attitude.



A quick question: Was Neil Warnock actually referring to 'loan' deals at Championship clubs? :?

Given the Premier League wages both are currently on, that would seem to be the obvious scenario (particularly in Tomlin's case) rather the permanent deals that would see the pair take massive pay drops

There's a double-edged sword here...

If the pair turned down 'loan' deals, which would mean them taking home the same money every week as they do now, then that smacks of unprofessionalism (more surprisingly in the up to now very professional Pilks than the apparently lethargic Tomlin) when they could be playing regular football and (you never know) making a case for inclusion in the revised City squad come the next transfer window

If the moves mooted were to be 'permanent' and each player had to take a considerable pay drop, then I have some sympathy, as the club gave them the contracts and the club have chosen not to utilise their assets (the players)

Can never be too sure what goes on behind the scenes but Neil Warnock will have had his reasons for signing Tomlin (on paper he could be a game changer) but equally, he will have his reasons for discarding him from the first team squad

Another issue is that he (Tomlin) will surely command a transfer fee to even partly recoup the initial fee paid, although that would be massively reduced given the baggage he carries and that other clubs are alerted to City (maybe more so Neil Warnock) wanting him out desperately?

Pilks is slightly different, as he has been a great member of the City squad for some years and has (more than once) played his part when called upon in a very professional (and appreciated by City supporters) manner. Personally, I believe he was far more worthy of being in City's Premier League squad of 25 than certain others

I'm a little reticent to say anything detrimental about Pilks (no longer so for Tomlin, who I initially supported and wanted to see him given a chance) but it appears to me that the best way forward is to negotiate a severance deal and let both parties move on

Tomlin's situation will currently be a little more difficult to resolve, so long as he appears 'happy' to sit on his piles (there's a double entendre in there ;) ) and if he can't be moved on at Christmas, then maybe time for the club to take some medicine, cut their losses and wave goodbye to someone who doesn't appear to be motivated to utilise his undoubted footballing talent

It's a conundrum but one that needs to be sorted sooner rather than later for the sake of all concerned :ayatollah:


That we don't know Chris? ?

But why has Warnock made it public, for me he's upset with them.

Plus we've always in the past regarding players wages sorted deals out with them and suited both of us, surely just keeping them here on high wages won't be what Warnock or Ken Choo will have wanted, so they will have wanted to help towards the deals and save us some money.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I honestly believe Tomlin could become a Premier player if he put his mind ot it and got fit. The only way he is going to do that is go to another club and work on it.

As for Pilkington I would have thought with a year left of his contract he would have wanted to go out on loan to make himself more marketable. He will still be on the same money regardless where he goes.


Its a strange one Ian,

Why did Warnock drop Tomlin, exactly like other managers have? ?

Tomlin should have taken the offer to play first team football at Championship level, I can't stand players with his attitude.



A quick question: Was Neil Warnock actually referring to 'loan' deals at Championship clubs? :?

Given the Premier League wages both are currently on, that would seem to be the obvious scenario (particularly in Tomlin's case) rather the permanent deals that would see the pair take massive pay drops

There's a double-edged sword here...

If the pair turned down 'loan' deals, which would mean them taking home the same money every week as they do now, then that smacks of unprofessionalism (more surprisingly in the up to now very professional Pilks than the apparently lethargic Tomlin) when they could be playing regular football and (you never know) making a case for inclusion in the revised City squad come the next transfer window

If the moves mooted were to be 'permanent' and each player had to take a considerable pay drop, then I have some sympathy, as the club gave them the contracts and the club have chosen not to utilise their assets (the players)

Can never be too sure what goes on behind the scenes but Neil Warnock will have had his reasons for signing Tomlin (on paper he could be a game changer) but equally, he will have his reasons for discarding him from the first team squad

Another issue is that he (Tomlin) will surely command a transfer fee to even partly recoup the initial fee paid, although that would be massively reduced given the baggage he carries and that other clubs are alerted to City (maybe more so Neil Warnock) wanting him out desperately?

Pilks is slightly different, as he has been a great member of the City squad for some years and has (more than once) played his part when called upon in a very professional (and appreciated by City supporters) manner. Personally, I believe he was far more worthy of being in City's Premier League squad of 25 than certain others

I'm a little reticent to say anything detrimental about Pilks (no longer so for Tomlin, who I initially supported and wanted to see him given a chance) but it appears to me that the best way forward is to negotiate a severance deal and let both parties move on

Tomlin's situation will currently be a little more difficult to resolve, so long as he appears 'happy' to sit on his piles (there's a double entendre in there ;) ) and if he can't be moved on at Christmas, then maybe time for the club to take some medicine, cut their losses and wave goodbye to someone who doesn't appear to be motivated to utilise his undoubted footballing talent

It's a conundrum but one that needs to be sorted sooner rather than later for the sake of all concerned :ayatollah:


That we don't know Chris? ?

But why has Warnock made it public, for me he's upset with them.

Plus we've always in the past regarding players wages sorted deals out with them and suited both of us, surely just keeping them here on high wages won't be what Warnock or Ken Choo will have wanted, so they will have wanted to help towards the deals and save us some money.



Thanks, Annis :thumbright:

I agree with you and that's why I'm thinking the deals were on a 'loan' basis and not permanent :thumbright:

Neil Warnock and his old fashioned values will be wondering why the pair wouldn't want to be playing football on a regular basis rather than sitting on their (in Tomlin's case not unsubstantial) backsides and he is clearly annoyed by it! :(

Neither are training with the squad of 25 and cannot be part of it before Christmas when (surely) other players will be brought in, so what are/were they hoping to achieve?

An odd one indeed and one that has clearly irked the manager! :(
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 13987
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I honestly believe Tomlin could become a Premier player if he put his mind ot it and got fit. The only way he is going to do that is go to another club and work on it.

As for Pilkington I would have thought with a year left of his contract he would have wanted to go out on loan to make himself more marketable. He will still be on the same money regardless where he goes.


Its a strange one Ian,

Why did Warnock drop Tomlin, exactly like other managers have? ?

Tomlin should have taken the offer to play first team football at Championship level, I can't stand players with his attitude.



A quick question: Was Neil Warnock actually referring to 'loan' deals at Championship clubs? :?

Given the Premier League wages both are currently on, that would seem to be the obvious scenario (particularly in Tomlin's case) rather the permanent deals that would see the pair take massive pay drops

There's a double-edged sword here...

If the pair turned down 'loan' deals, which would mean them taking home the same money every week as they do now, then that smacks of unprofessionalism (more surprisingly in the up to now very professional Pilks than the apparently lethargic Tomlin) when they could be playing regular football and (you never know) making a case for inclusion in the revised City squad come the next transfer window

If the moves mooted were to be 'permanent' and each player had to take a considerable pay drop, then I have some sympathy, as the club gave them the contracts and the club have chosen not to utilise their assets (the players)

Can never be too sure what goes on behind the scenes but Neil Warnock will have had his reasons for signing Tomlin (on paper he could be a game changer) but equally, he will have his reasons for discarding him from the first team squad

Another issue is that he (Tomlin) will surely command a transfer fee to even partly recoup the initial fee paid, although that would be massively reduced given the baggage he carries and that other clubs are alerted to City (maybe more so Neil Warnock) wanting him out desperately?

Pilks is slightly different, as he has been a great member of the City squad for some years and has (more than once) played his part when called upon in a very professional (and appreciated by City supporters) manner. Personally, I believe he was far more worthy of being in City's Premier League squad of 25 than certain others

I'm a little reticent to say anything detrimental about Pilks (no longer so for Tomlin, who I initially supported and wanted to see him given a chance) but it appears to me that the best way forward is to negotiate a severance deal and let both parties move on

Tomlin's situation will currently be a little more difficult to resolve, so long as he appears 'happy' to sit on his piles (there's a double entendre in there ;) ) and if he can't be moved on at Christmas, then maybe time for the club to take some medicine, cut their losses and wave goodbye to someone who doesn't appear to be motivated to utilise his undoubted footballing talent

It's a conundrum but one that needs to be sorted sooner rather than later for the sake of all concerned :ayatollah:


That we don't know Chris? ?

But why has Warnock made it public, for me he's upset with them.

Plus we've always in the past regarding players wages sorted deals out with them and suited both of us, surely just keeping them here on high wages won't be what Warnock or Ken Choo will have wanted, so they will have wanted to help towards the deals and save us some money.



Thanks, Annis :thumbright:

I agree with you and that's why I'm thinking the deals were on a 'loan' basis and not permanent :thumbright:

Neil Warnock and his old fashioned values will be wondering why the pair wouldn't want to be playing football on a regular basis rather than sitting on their (in Tomlin's case not unsubstantial) backsides and he is clearly annoyed by it! :(

Neither are training with the squad of 25 and cannot be part of it before Christmas when (surely) other players will be brought in, so what are/were they hoping to achieve?

An odd one indeed and one that has clearly irked the manager! :(


Chris, I can see there being a massive show down with them come December, because Warnock will be told he needs to offload them and save some wages before he can strengthen as much he would like.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: SHOCKING: ' LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN DOWN '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:47 pm

LEE TOMLIN TODAY SENT OFF V COVENTRY CITY'S UNDER 23'S IN THE 25th MIN.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 107646
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: UPDATED SHOCKING:'LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN D

Postby T1JMO » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Tomlin was a gamble that hasn't paid off... could have been a steal for £2m or whatever we paid and on his day is the best player on the pitch. We saw a few signs of this when he actually played... but he is clearly always overweight and never fit enough to play 90 mins so doesn't deserve a place in the squad.
T1JMO
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: UPDATED SHOCKING:'LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN D

Postby phildavies » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Our own fault for giving them such ridiculous wages
city till i die.............................................

Kadeem He don't like it rock the canton rock the canton
User avatar
phildavies
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: UPDATED SHOCKING:'LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN D

Postby noisycat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:56 pm

As we dont know where the possible loan deals were, it may not have been suitable to move because of family reasons, children’s schools etc. I have sympathy for Pilks as he’s hardly ever let us down but Tomlin, who I was hopeful was going to make a huge difference for us, can go f..k himself, the lazy tw*t.
noisycat
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Re: UPDATED SHOCKING: LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN D

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Tomlin has shafted us, that is a fact.

I was one of the believers who thought that Warnock could sprinkle his goldust on any player and make them perform. In fairness to Warnock, he has in the vast majority of cases. In hindsight Tomlin was a bridge too far, even for Warnock.

In regards to the points made about making yourself available and then picking up your wedge, this seems ludicrous to me. If I had a member of staff turn up to the office not fit to work I'd send him/her home and mark it down as 1 day Unpaid Leave.

It sounds like Tomlin is not fit for purpose. If that is the case stop paying the fat cheesey stank bloated 12 sandwich eating son of a bitch! Simples....

Rant over. :bluebird:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
User avatar
TheHangedMan
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Bere Regis, Dorset

Re: UPDATED SHOCKING: LEE TOMLIN & ANTHONY PILKINGTON TURN D

Postby krabb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:40 pm

If this is right regarding wages , what happened to us being sensible with wages..... Tomlinson was no more than an outside punt and he failed miserably...yet he is earning circa 35k a week.... shocking waste .... ffs :ayatollah:
krabb
 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2blue2handle, Baidu [Spider], banana bob, Barclay1, Bluebird1990, Dave67, Gaynor Straight, Google [Bot], jonohowells, Llantwit Blue, montyblue, MOZZER1, Nickoblue23, piledriver64, Runman10m, Stringfellow, theclaw, Tonteg Bluebird and 253 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.