Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tomlin not wanted

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Forest have dropped their interest in Tomlin. Looks like we are stuck with him.

Re: Tomlin not wanted

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:17 pm

He will be picking up his wedge ffor a few cup games if thats the case! We will never know why he was omitted from the 25,my guess is he came back for pre season,and was still unfit!!!

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:15 am

If it's a weight/fitness issue, should that not have been incorporated within his contract. Surely constantly being overweight is subject to a breach of contract.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:45 am

Pure speculation about weight. May have had issues in the past regarding the same but looked a lot leaner in pre season this year. Probably made a concerted effort to make the 25.

Could be several reasons why he didn’t make the 25 but if I had a choice between Tomlin & Harris I know which one I would have gone for. At this time I would say that Tomlin provides the better option with more creativity yet no one knows what goes on in the background if anything.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:17 am

Bluesman wrote:Forest have dropped their interest in Tomlin. Looks like we are stuck with him.

Can you blame any club, well over paid & well over rated.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:17 am

Its obvious that theres a lot more to this situation than we know. I trust Neil Warnock judgment on this,,, & if he cant get the best out of him (Tomlin), then who can?

I sense that the original transfere from Bristol City was a massive gamble in the first place,,,, and now we have a 30K a week player (allegedly) not in our 25 man squad, & who we can't even loan out to a Championship club,,, that just happens to be situated a few miles up the road from where he lives???

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:42 am

Seems to me the only way out of this mess is to pay a large chunk of his wages and see if there is any takers!

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:47 pm

The bloke bought himself a new Bentley the other day. Would love to know how much of a wage rise he got from promotion.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:03 pm

rossblue wrote:If it's a weight/fitness issue, should that not have been incorporated within his contract. Surely constantly being overweight is subject to a breach of contract.

Well no because he is fit enough to do his job.

But he’s just not up to the standards our club has set.

It’s not like his legs fallen off an he can’t play football anymore.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:12 pm

so much for him tearing it up while on loan to Forest..

Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:39 am

Im dumnfounded on this one

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:34 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:Its obvious that theres a lot more to this situation than we know. I trust Neil Warnock judgment on this,,, & if he cant get the best out of him (Tomlin), then who can?

I sense that the original transfere from Bristol City was a massive gamble in the first place,,,, and now we have a 30K a week player (allegedly) not in our 25 man squad, & who we can't even loan out to a Championship club,,, that just happens to be situated a few miles up the road from where he lives???

think your correct....Bournemoth signed him and it took just 3 starts and 3 sub apps for Eddie Howe to figure out he wasnt for the premier league.
then Bristol where in all fairness he had 2 very decent half seasons one on loan then another after signing but by the end of that season Johnson had pretty much stopped picking him { bench for last 8 games only coming on twice }

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:31 am

Attitude and £120,000 plus wages a month, thats why clubs are not interested.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Attitude and £120,000 plus wages a month, thats why clubs are not interested.

I did wonder about his attitude . comes across as a bit of a show off but always felt Warnock spoke about him quite well.

Ive always thought Warnock had a play to use him in a free role but after the Burton game he soon realised pacey wingers and pressing was the way forward and he doesnt do either. Someone will take him on loan

Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:08 pm

And yet the few times he did play for us last season I thought he did quite well and didn't really looke that unfit. Would rather have had him in the 25 if only as a super sub option.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:02 pm

dikgacoi mk 2. we won't be able to move him on without paying him a huge sum or covering most of his wages. quickly turned sour for us this one!

it's disgraceful to be out of shape when you are a professional footballer, let alone one on £30k a week.