Must

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Must

Postby soldierblue1880 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm

I know I have stated this quite recently but because it's so important it has to be worth stating again,it's a must that Warnock needs to get his team selection right,I can only think his bizarre team selection for the Bournemouth game was to give some of the players a chance to play in a Premiership game but now he has to select his strongest team available for Saturday,no place for Bamba or Paterson in midfield,not playing Peltier at fullback and of course Murphy has to start,I had made up my mind to give Warnock 10 games to see what fist he was making of Premiership management but if he keeps making elementary mistakes in his team selections it may make me bring forward my evaluation of Warnock
soldierblue1880

Must

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Must

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 pm

I know your subbornly negative so trying to reason with you is futile.

But Warnock largely had his hands tied with team selection against Bournemouth

There’s absolutely no chance of bamba playing in the middle on saturday
paulh_85

Postby Gaynor Straight » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:18 pm

We all think at times we know better than the manager (with 1400 games behind him) . It's particularly easy to do that after the event.
Gaynor Straight

Postby soldierblue1880 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:18 pm

paulh_85 wrote:I know your subbornly negative so trying to reason with you is futile.

In what sense was Warnocks hands tied to leave Murphy on the bench?
soldierblue1880

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:I know I have stated this quite recently but because it's so important it has to be worth stating again,it's a must that Warnock needs to get his team selection right,I can only think his bizarre team selection for the Bournemouth game was to give some of the players a chance to play in a Premiership game but now he has to select his strongest team available for Saturday,no place for Bamba or Paterson in midfield,not playing Peltier at fullback and of course Murphy has to start,I had made up my mind to give Warnock 10 games to see what fist he was making of Premiership management but if he keeps making elementary mistakes in his team selections it may make me bring forward my evaluation of Warnock

I doubt if Warnock will lose much sleep if you decide he is making elementary mistakes. He has to manage for real rather than just playing on a computer. If I was a betting man, I doubt if one of the most experienced managers in the game is likely to pay much attention to any advice from any of us on this forum. I am sure if he did, he would be told 100 different ways to play the game.
Steve Zodiak

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:I know your subbornly negative so trying to reason with you is futile.

In what sense was Warnocks hands tied to leave Murphy on the bench?

That’s one example.

Nothing to suggest Murphy deserved a place is there? Just because he’s a new signing? Sounded like nml had a decent game

You or I may not agree - but it wasn’t an odd selection. Playing bamba in the middle was, but he won’t next week :thumbup:
paulh_85

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:I know I have stated this quite recently but because it's so important it has to be worth stating again,it's a must that Warnock needs to get his team selection right,I can only think his bizarre team selection for the Bournemouth game was to give some of the players a chance to play in a Premiership game but now he has to select his strongest team available for Saturday,no place for Bamba or Paterson in midfield,not playing Peltier at fullback and of course Murphy has to start,I had made up my mind to give Warnock 10 games to see what fist he was making of Premiership management but if he keeps making elementary mistakes in his team selections it may make me bring forward my evaluation of Warnock

I totally agree with your post. Further more I would say that Murphy definitely deserved his place over NML due to the fact he was head and shoulders above any other player against Betis and he scored a stunning goal. As been said I guess that NW was staying loyal to the players who got us promoted although I was surprised not to see Casamara come off the bench when we were chasing the game in the second half.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby JayCee » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:21 am

I bet Warnock is quaking in his boots :lol: :lol: :bluescarf:
JayCee

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:47 pm

10 games eh Angelis,your getting soft in your dotage. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby T1JMO » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:36 pm

You are a prized bell end. Even if we are bottom after 10 games we should still back Warnock! I like the way you think you somehow know better than Warnock with his 8 promotions!
T1JMO

Postby soldierblue1880 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

You are a silly sausage shaggy
soldierblue1880

Postby soldierblue1880 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:33 pm

T1JMO wrote:

You are a prized bell end. Even if we are bottom after 10 games we should still back Warnock! I like the way you think you somehow know better than Warnock with his 8 promotions!

Of course I would never presume to believe I know more than Warnock about football but I still believe he sometimes gets his selections completely wrong
soldierblue1880

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:42 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Angelis? :laughing6:
You may have a point there mate!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat