Last time in the Premier League

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby davids » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Two things from last time we were in the PL.

We were given £200,000 I think it was for the benefit of away fans which the club used for the benefit of away fans visiting the stadium rather than for our fans travelling to away games (maybe they didn't want to use it for the benefit of morons who throw coins onto the pitch :evil: )

Does anyone know if there is still a similar payment made to PL clubs?

Also last time VT very generously said that every year we were in the Premier League he would donate £1m to local charities and I know a number of local charities that benefitted greatly from that money. I wonder if that will happen again this season?

It's not a criticism of VT by the way just a genuine enquiry as to whether or not this has been mentioned since we went up and I might have missed it?
davids

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Last time in the Premier League

Postby dogfound » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:39 pm

davids wrote:Two things from last time we were in the PL.

We were given £200,000 I think it was for the benefit of away fans which the club used for the benefit of away fans visiting the stadium rather than for our fans travelling to away games (maybe they didn't want to use it for the benefit of morons who throw coins onto the pitch :evil: )

Also last time VT very generously said that every year we were in the Premier League he would donate £1m to local charities and I know a number of local charities that benefitted greatly from that money. I wonder if that will happen again this season?

It's not a criticism of VT by the way just a genuine enquiry as to whether or not this has been mentioned since we went up and I might have missed it?

there was subsidised transport to at least 2 games Norwich and Swansea.
and subsidised tickets at Liverpool and possibly another...

on that note Swansea are doing all their away tickets at 20 quid again this season..
and Arsenal also pay a fixed amount towards away tickets {i think its 6 quid }
dogfound

Postby davids » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:36 pm

dogfound wrote:

on that note Swansea are doing all their away tickets at 20 quid again this season..

I went to Norwich and don't remember it being subsidised but you could well be right.

Travel to Swansea was wholly subsidised by the club and the Liverpool away game was paid for by Barclays as part of their sponsorship of the Premier League.

So there should have been a fair bit of change left from the £200,000!
davids

Postby dogfound » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:09 pm

davids wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I went to Norwich and don't remember it being subsidised but you could well be right.

Travel to Swansea was wholly subsidised by the club and the Liverpool away game was paid for by Barclays as part of their sponsorship of the Premier League.

So there should have been a fair bit of change left from the £200,000!

Nowich was 5 quid with the travel club...yes your correct in that there should have been more though..
dogfound

Return to General Chat