UPDATED REPORT: MARKO GRUJIC

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:28 am

Report: Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic close to CSKA Moscow move
@danny8195

Tuesday 14th August 2018

Premier League duo Cardiff City and Crystal Palace both missed out on signing Liverpool's Marko Grujic and now he is reportedly set for a move to Russia.

Crystal Palace were keen to give Marko Grujic a chance at Selhurst Park this summer, according to the Express. But the Serbian midfielder had his heart set on a return to Cardiff City and snubbed the chance to join up with Roy Hodgson’s side.

By the end of the transfer window, however, even Cardiff had failed to get a deal for the Liverpool midfielder over the line.

Grujic helped the Bluebirds win promotion from the Championship in a loan spell during the second half of last season. But, speaking to the BBC, Neil Warnock claimed that a contract issue prevented Cardiff from bringing the former Red Star Belgrade starlet back to South Wales.

And this would have been a blow for Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, who felt that regular Premier League football at another club would stand Grujic in good stead for a long-term future at Anfield.

Instead, the 22-year-old appears to be heading to Russia. According to Republika, CSKA Moscow are close to signing Grujic in what is likely to be a season-long loan deal.

CSKA finished second last season, two points behind champions Lokomotiv Moscow, but will be playing Champions League football in 2018/19 if they navigate a play-off round.

So Grujic, who joined Liverpool for £5.1 million in January 2016, should still benefit from exposure to football at the top level.
Attachments
Grujic.jpg
Grujic.jpg (49.53 KiB) Viewed 4786 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: REPORTS: MARKO GRUJIC

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:32 am

I would find this very disappointing after Neil Warnock tried so hard but not nearly as disappointing s if other reports linking him to West Bromwich Albion turned out to be correct... :(

West Brom must target a loan move for Liverpool’s Marko Grujic
By Greg Potts

According to the BBC, Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic rejected a second loan spell with Premier League new boys Cardiff after helping the club to promotion last season, and now West Brom should see if they can tempt the Serbian to help with their own promotion push.

What’s the story?

Grujic signed for Liverpool in January 2016 but completed the season on loan with his former club Red Star Belgrade before linking up with his new teammates in the summer of 2016. Last season, the 22-year-old was sent on loan to Neil Warnock’s Cardiff in January to gain more first team experience.

The central-midfielder made 14 appearances for the Bluebirds in total as they pipped Fulham to second in the Championship, achieving automatic promotion as a result. His 6ft 3in frame and combative style earned him a massive five bookings in that time, but also meant he was effective in the physical division.

Grujic is also a full international, with eight caps for his native Serbia. The youngster was also included in the World Cup squad this summer in Russia but didn’t make an appearance off the bench.

Left out

Having rejected Cardiff to stay at Liverpool, Grujic will have been disappointed to not have been included on the bench during the 4-0 win over West Ham at Anfield and this could change his mind about a temporary switch away.

With the loan window still open for Football League clubs, West Brom boss Darren Moore should aim to persuade Grujic to drop down a division again as he could be the perfect partner for Jake Livermore.

Left-midfielder Chris Brunt has been filling in at the heart of the Baggies midfield so far this season but has struggled to keep pace with the league. A move to the Hawthorns then would give Grujic the game time he needs to develop and would also plug a key gap for Moore as they look to bounce straight back to the Premier League.
Attachments
Grujic.jpg
Grujic.jpg (497.2 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby NIBluebird » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:47 am

This really doesn't add up
NIBluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:52 am

If problem due to contract issue what's changed? still a loan to another club regardless of the country hw going. :o
pembroke allan

Postby eddiep » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:16 am

The Guy is ambitious and thought he could get in with Liverpool.
He should have come here but now his options for premier league for now are over.

Needs a reality check - curb his big head.

Belgrade to moscow may suit him anyhooo.

Rather Harry Arter here - much better. :bluescarf:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am

eddiep wrote:The Guy is ambitious and thought he could get in with Liverpool.
He should have come here but now his options for premier league for now are over.

Agree that Harry Arter could be the better signing, as he has Premier League experience that will hopefully rub off on others around him! :thumbright:
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:27 am

Gave up giving a shit about this guy after the first few weeks of being strung along.
nubbsy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:28 am

Sven wrote:

Agree that Harry Arter could be the better signing, as he has Premier League experience that will hopefully rub off on others around him! :thumbright:

I think we'd have gone for Arter anyway. This Spanish bloke Is probably instead of Grujic
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Sven » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:49 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I think we'd have gone for Arter anyway. This Spanish bloke Is probably instead of Grujic

Liam, a point well made... :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby dogfound » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:17 pm

NIBluebird wrote:This really doesn't add up

i know mate..fancy a Liverpool player wanting to play for Liverpool then finds out he isnt going to be playing as much as he thought so goes to a champions league club..
what a big ed
dogfound

Postby joeywills98 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Suppose it's better than rotting away in the under 23's...
joeywills98

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:If problem due to contract issue what's changed? still a loan to another club regardless of the country hw going. :o

He wanted a new contract with Liverpool before he’d go on loan
Llan_Blue

Postby Igovernor » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:If problem due to contract issue what's changed? still a loan to another club regardless of the country hw going. :o

You are wrong on that it's Liverpool that wanted him to sign an extension to his existing contract, and he did not want to do that, he said I already have 3 years left on my contract, why would I need an extension?
Being as he is left out of the 25, he has probably decided to sign, otherwise he would be playing in the reserves or cup games :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

There's me thinking it was club wanted him to extend his contract but he refused to sign one! Well that's what all the reports stated? :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Walinoz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Why are we even talking about him on here anyway , same as WOL reporting on his next move. , we don’t care anymore , he’s not a city player, not interested thank you
Walinoz

Postby norms76 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Thank him for his contributions last season, he’s chosen not to come back so let’s forget about him.

We’ve got a premier league proven midfielder in Arter so I think we’ve upgraded personally.

Camarasa is an exciting prospect too so there’s lots to look forward to.
norms76

Postby Walinoz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:55 pm

norms76 wrote:Thank him for his contributions last season, he’s chosen not to come back so let’s forget about him.

We’ve got a premier league proven midfielder in Arter so I think we’ve upgraded personally.

Camarasa is an exciting prospect too so there’s lots to look forward to.

Same , I can also thank Grujic for not signing then as I think we’ve don’t better with Arter and Camarasa
But I’m not interested on where he’s chosen to go next
Walinoz

Postby Bananas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Fekin liability - glad to see the back of him :wave:
Bananas

Postby Crayfish » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:04 pm

If he wants to get in the Liverpool team he would have been better off signing for us than a Moscow team where it will be a case of out of site out of mind. Prefer Arter to him anyway.
Crayfish

Postby Bananas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Crayfish wrote:If he wants to get in the Liverpool team he would have been better off signing for us than a Moscow team where it will be a case of out of site out of mind. Prefer Arter to him anyway.

:thumbup: :ayatollah:
Bananas

Postby Bluebina » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:23 pm

nubbsy wrote:Gave up giving a shit about this guy after the first few weeks of being strung along.

:thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Bananas wrote:Fekin liability - glad to see the back of him :wave:

Bluebina

Postby fred keenor » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Obviously strung us along.
Bet NW is not happy about this
fred keenor

Postby Bluebird1990 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Can we forget about this guy now?
Bluebird1990

Postby caerblue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I cant see why we spent so long chasing him,he was a decent enough player,but nothing special,he couldnt get in the cardiff side at first,so couldnt see how he was going to improve the team in the prem
caerblue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Bluebina wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Gave up giving a shit about this guy after the first few weeks of being strung along.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bluesman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Glad he is going to Russia, Hope it is Siberea
Bluesman

Postby bluesince62 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:19 pm

Played us big time imo.hope he stagnates in russia.
bluesince62

Re: UPDATED REPORT: MARKO GRUJIC

Postby Sven » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:12 am

Torino fail in €10m bid to sign Liverpool midfielder Grujic
By Neil Jones

Serie A outfit Torino wanted to take Serbia international on an initial season-long loan deal ahead of a permanent transfer next summer

Torino have failed in a bid to take Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic on a season-long loan deal, Goal understands.

The Serie A club made an approach for the Serbia international last week, offering a deal which included an option to make the move permanent next summer for a fee of €10million (£9m/$11.4m).

That bid was flatly rejected by Liverpool, who value the 22-year-old at around double that amount. The Reds are also keen for the former Red Star Belgrade man to pen a new contract at Anfield before they consider a loan move, with interest mounting from across Europe.

Grujic turned down the chance to return to Premier League new-boys Cardiff City, where he spent the second half of last season. He made 14 appearances for the South Wales club, and is keen to secure regular first-team football again this season.

He will have no shortage of suitors, with the likes of Lazio and AC Milan having been strongly linked this summer. Grujic told reporters last month that he would leave any decision over his future to manager Jurgen Klopp, but it looks likely that he will depart Anfield, at least temporarily, before the month is out.

Despite that, Goal understands that he remains highly rated by Klopp and his coaching team, who see huge potential in the 6'3" prospect. Grujic has already made 14 senior appearances for Liverpool, including three starts.

The Reds expect to offload a number of other players to European clubs before the end of August, with Simon Mignolet, Lazar Markovic, Pedro Chirivella and Divock Origi all in line for moves. Offers for defender Ragnar Klavan, meanwhile, will be considered.
Sven

Return to General Chat