Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Zohore in the Premiership

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Can this season be the making of him? Shows glompses of a top quality striker but no consistency, big confidence player i think, no striker signed at the end of the window so he could be relied upon to be the main man so could he take his opportunity?

The premiership is a different style of football to the championship really, not as physical and maybe more time on the ball and not as fast paced as the championship? Will this suit zohore and we see a top quality striker in the premiership or not? Can he score us important goals to keep us up or not? Opinions?

Re: Zohore in the Premiership

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:12 pm

I think he will be alright. The way we play its a very tough ask for any striker.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Lets hope so but I feel he will struggle.

We have not had a top striker since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. With that in mind we have done well to get ot the Premier twice since those 2 had left. There is an expectation for Zohore to come good this season and that is because if he doesn't we will struggle. There is no pressure on the team because its all going to be on Zohore.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Lets hope so but I feel he will struggle.

We have not had a top striker since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. With that in mind we have done well to get ot the Premier twice since those 2 had left. There is an expectation for Zohore to come good this season and that is because if he doesn't we will struggle. There is no pressure on the team because its all going to be on Zohore.

You say that we haven’t had a top striker since Chopta an Bothroyd but neither of them set the premier league on fire.

Zohore can be better then both of them if he manages to stay fit this season.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm

If his attitude is right, can see him hitting double figures.

But that’s a big if, his attitude has always been the issue.

Very frustrating player because he’s brilliant when he wants to be. With his strength and pace, he can cause defenders problems.

As you say, maybe he will get confidence from the fact we didn’t sign a striker and he’s first choice for a Premier League club.

Do sometimes think we should have took the money last summer.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 pm

Only thing with zohore is his attitude when he wants he can be really fast and powerful and scores some crackers fulham at home away at norwich shit in the air though but really think this could be his time to shine more time on the ball in the prem. I really think that him and reid could if played together could become the new toshack and keegan partnership "WHO" big striker knock down's little speedy picking up the nock down's

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:49 pm

I think that he will have a point to prove and given the service I think that he may surprise a few this season & score a few goals in the top flight.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Of course he will do well. His agent and himself wants to leave. For zahore to leave he has to perform , which in turn should in theory benefit us financially.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Of course he will do well. His agent and himself wants to leave. For zahore to leave he has to perform , which in turn should in theory benefit us financially.

I must have missed this, when was it said they want to leave, surely if Warnock knew this then he would be gone by now and a new striker would have come in during the window.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:02 pm

I don't think he will cut it, the top defenders will have him sewn up, obviously I hope I am wrong.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Of course he will do well. His agent and himself wants to leave. For zahore to leave he has to perform , which in turn should in theory benefit us financially.

Don’t talk rubbish.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:If his attitude is right, can see him hitting double figures.

But that’s a big if, his attitude has always been the issue.

Very frustrating player because he’s brilliant when he wants to be. With his strength and pace, he can cause defenders problems.

As you say, maybe he will get confidence from the fact we didn’t sign a striker and he’s first choice for a Premier League club.

Do sometimes think we should have took the money last summer.

Hopefully he will try harder now and go to the next level now hes in the premiership and everyone is watching, if he reaches his potential then he could be denmarks main man too

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 pm

He can certainly perform when he really wants to, Villa (h) last season sticks in my mind. Also looking at pictures of him in pre season, he looks a lot leaner than last season so hopefully he can hit the ground running. He doesn’t necessarily have to score hatfuls but as long as he is a nuisance for defenders he’ll be able to allow other players to contribute.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 am

We need to play to his strengths, it's as simple as that. Ball to feet or into space for him to run onto.

I've read on here lately that he's a big target man which, even though he's a big guy isn't his game. He could also do with Reid running off him, I think those two have the potential to link up well. I hope Warnock has plans to play them together.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:34 am

ajbr14 wrote:He can certainly perform when he really wants to, Villa (h) last season sticks in my mind. Also looking at pictures of him in pre season, he looks a lot leaner than last season so hopefully he can hit the ground running. He doesn’t necessarily have to score hatfuls but as long as he is a nuisance for defenders he’ll be able to allow other players to contribute.

this...

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:We need to play to his strengths, it's as simple as that. Ball to feet or into space for him to run onto.

I've read on here lately that he's a big target man which, even though he's a big guy isn't his game. He could also do with Reid running off him, I think those two have the potential to link up well. I hope Warnock has plans to play them together.

Agree pal, zohores link up play is pretty good and hes always improving so he could link well with reid hopefully allowing reid to bang quite a few goals in and thrive.

And hes fast and powerful running in behind the defenders so hopefully more vision and creativity in centre midfield from camarassa and arter will bring more out of zohore too

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:15 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Can this season be the making of him? Shows glompses of a top quality striker but no consistency, big confidence player i think, no striker signed at the end of the window so he could be relied upon to be the main man so could he take his opportunity?

The premiership is a different style of football to the championship really, not as physical and maybe more time on the ball and not as fast paced as the championship? Will this suit zohore and we see a top quality striker in the premiership or not? Can he score us important goals to keep us up or not? Opinions?

We need a mobile striker that can score with his head !!!

I think he will find it a bit tough unless he can learn to head a ball !!!