Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Glad we had a lesson so early in season

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:17 pm

In one way I am glad we had a lesson in the premiership so early . If we had played a Man City , Liverpool etc we would have expected to lose both fans , players and managers The fact we lost to Bournemouth I am hoping is an early wake up call for the players.
The positives are Zohore will be back , Bamba should be back in the only position he can really play , Jazz hopefully playing and Murphy and Arter starting . I think the speed of the game took the players by surprise and I don’t think the sides we played in preseason prepared us for this. The premiership is full of battling players with attitude . You don’t get to play in the premiership without both talent and attitude.
It will be a long hard season and we will only improve . Will we have enough who knows , but one thing for sure we did not have our best 11 on the pitch yesterday

Re: Glad we had a lesson so early in season

Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 pm

yes i agree , and we did look poor to me but with a true front man playing and a packed house (don't under estimate what a difference that can make ), we will have a great day.