Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock was in positive spirits as he spoke to the pres

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 am

Warnock: "We've got a lot to look forward to"

CARDIFF CITY FC

Sunday 12th August 2018

Neil Warnock was in positive spirits as he spoke to the press and media following City's opening-day defeat to AFC Bournemouth.

The Gaffer explained that he took plenty of positives from a game that the Bluebirds grew into on the South Coast.

"I thought we got better as the game went on," began Neil. "On another day, we could have got a result, but it wasn't to be.

"They were better than us in some areas, but not in others. I thought we competed well and we had our chances to score.

"I'm sure they know they've been in a game - they are an established team in the Premier League and we could have got a result here."

With the Bluebirds hosting Newcastle United back at Cardiff City Stadium next weekend, Neil revealed that he's relishing the prospect of a sell-out crowd in the Welsh capital.

"We've got to keep working hard," he said. "We had no Ken Zohore today and one or two midfield players missing too. We've got Harry Arter to come in as well, so I think we've got a lot to look forward to really. It all bodes well for the future.

"Newcastle at home will be a full house and a great atmosphere - I'm looking forward to it."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.