Vincent does it his way.. Tan talks.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Vincent does it his way.. Tan talks.

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:55 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Bob bank mason wrote:I have wanted tan out since day 1. Nothing but a lil pussy ass

Maybe he'll fight you?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Has Tan got a big enough ‘purse’ though?

:lol:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby maccydee » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:15 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
JB1 wrote:People keep referring to us overspending on players last time we were in the Premier League. Apart from Cornelius, who was a bad expensive buy? The other players who cost a lot - Caulker and Medel, I'm pretty sure we got our money back on. This season we've spent a lot on Murphy and Reid, hopefully they will be good investments and do well for us. But, until they do I don't think Tan can go on about spending wisely. Of our most expensive signings last season Tomlin's not even in the squad and the jury's still out on Madine, although some have already made their minds up. I think Tan should move on and accept that sometimes managers buy bad players.

Totally agree with this. Brayford and Cornelius the stand out players. £2.5m and Cornelius for reported £8m. You can count wages on top of that but £10.5m in transfer fees that didn't go right isn't really that bad - see Leicester spending around £30m on a striker that failed. I think the main problem Tan had was the agency fees which were supposedly much more than they ought to be and it seemed to be the same agent apparently.

I think OGS did much more damage than Malky ever did. Paying large fees and then ending up paying them off after a failed promotion push. At least with the players you mentioned, we made profit or our money back on most of the players Malky brought in.

Simply not true.

We made our money back or profited on a few of Malky’s signings.

Joe Mason
Jordan Mutch
Gary Medel
Caulker
Campbell.

This was less than 20% of the transfers made.
maccydee

Postby The Lone Gunman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:23 pm

“We have a good manager now and he has a great track record. He has now taken eight teams to the top league,” he said, referring to the veteran manager Neil Warnock.

I wonder if that's what Warnock has told him.....

The Lone Gunman

Postby JB1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:40 pm

maccydee wrote:
JB1 wrote:People keep referring to us overspending on players last time we were in the Premier League. Apart from Cornelius, who was a bad expensive buy? The other players who cost a lot - Caulker and Medel, I'm pretty sure we got our money back on. This season we've spent a lot on Murphy and Reid, hopefully they will be good investments and do well for us. But, until they do I don't think Tan can go on about spending wisely. Of our most expensive signings last season Tomlin's not even in the squad and the jury's still out on Madine, although some have already made their minds up. I think Tan should move on and accept that sometimes managers buy bad players.

Brayford was signed for 2.5 million didn’t play.

Previous season lots of players were signed for around that price that were sold for a lot less or even for nowt.

Of course Acorn was the stand out but lots of money was wasted.

Brayford cost us £1.5m, played for us 28 times and we sold him for £1.5m.

Lauded as on of the best full backs in the championship when we bought him. Couldn't get in the team in the Premier League because 'his head wasn't in the right place'

Not what I would call a bad buy or a bad player. Just didn't work out for him, as so often it doesn't for some players.
JB1

Postby maccydee » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 pm

JB1 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Brayford was signed for 2.5 million didn’t play.

Previous season lots of players were signed for around that price that were sold for a lot less or even for nowt.

Of course Acorn was the stand out but lots of money was wasted.

Brayford cost us £1.5m, played for us 28 times and we sold him for £1.5m.

Lauded as on of the best full backs in the championship when we bought him. Couldn't get in the team in the Premier League because 'his head wasn't in the right place'

Not what I would call a bad buy or a bad player. Just didn't work out for him, as so often it doesn't for some players.

Probably right on the price but still didn’t play for the manager that signed him.

Mind you Malky was quoted as saying he had been watching him for a while. Which probably means he was a Tan signing like Velikonja.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:51 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:

Totally agree with this. Brayford and Cornelius the stand out players. £2.5m and Cornelius for reported £8m. You can count wages on top of that but £10.5m in transfer fees that didn't go right isn't really that bad - see Leicester spending around £30m on a striker that failed. I think the main problem Tan had was the agency fees which were supposedly much more than they ought to be and it seemed to be the same agent apparently.

I think OGS did much more damage than Malky ever did. Paying large fees and then ending up paying them off after a failed promotion push. At least with the players you mentioned, we made profit or our money back on most of the players Malky brought in.

thats not how our owner sees it..
what the league champions paying 30 mill for a striker has to do with another clubs first top tier transfer in 50 years goodness knows. but it wasnt just that transfer..it was the add ons agents fees etc.etc..everyone knows so why pretend differently.
dogfound

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:14 am

maccydee wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Simply not true.

Joe Mason
Jordan Mutch
Gary Medel
Caulker
Campbell.

Which is exactly the point I made??
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 am

dogfound wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

what the league champions paying 30 mill for a striker has to do with another clubs first top tier transfer in 50 years goodness knows. but it wasnt just that transfer..it was the add ons agents fees etc.etc..everyone knows so why pretend differently.

Agents fees is exactly what I said was the downfall. My point being an £8.5m teenager flopping is hardly a huge event in this current market. Villa spent £80m to get promoted and still haven't. Stoke had £20m players and went down. Do you see their owners disgracing Pulis, Hughes at every opportunity? It's football. It happens.
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 am

maccydee wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Simply not true.

Joe Mason
Jordan Mutch
Gary Medel
Caulker
Campbell.

Sorry re-read this back. Think you have to see that the first season Malky was in we basically picked up free agents because we had a thread bare squad and still made the League Cup Final and play offs. Bringing in nice little revenue.

The promotion season we spent a fair bit but made money on Campbell, Mason, Mutch in the end. Bellamy retired, Connolly still around. Were unlucky with Maynard injury. The rest were essentially free agents or small fees.

The Prem season we eventually made money on or got money back or Medel, Caulker, Moore, Rudy Gestede.

The amount of players the bloke had to sign after inheriting around 11 players when he came in means there's going to be a higher chance of unsuccessful transfers (due to the HUGE numbers of transfers he had to make. But for the most part we didn't spend huge money on flops. Only Cornelius - which at £8.5m was hardly a huge sum. Just blown out of proportion to play the blame game.
TAP_Sheep

Postby maccydee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Simply not true.

Joe Mason
Jordan Mutch
Gary Medel
Caulker
Campbell.

Not even a bit you said most of Malky’s signings I pointed out it was 5 or 6 out of about 30 signings.

So totally different.

Kim 2.5
Velikonja 2
Turner 750k
Kiss 500k
Maynard 2.5
Miller 900k
Noone 1.5
Connolly 600k
Theophile Catherine 2.25
Odenwingie 2

Were significant players we lost money on. We also lost money on Medel.

Arguably none of the players were sold for more due to Malky. Mason left under Slade.

However quite clearly OGS also spent and lost loads of money.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:26 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Simply not true.

Joe Mason
Jordan Mutch
Gary Medel
Caulker
Campbell.

Sorry re-read this back. Think you have to see that the first season Malky was in we basically picked up free agents because we had a thread bare squad and still made the League Cup Final and play offs. Bringing in nice little revenue.

The promotion season we spent a fair bit but made money on Campbell, Mason, Mutch in the end. Bellamy retired, Connolly still around. Were unlucky with Maynard injury. The rest were essentially free agents or small fees.

The Prem season we eventually made money on or got money back or Medel, Caulker, Moore, Rudy Gestede.

The amount of players the bloke had to sign after inheriting around 11 players when he came in means there's going to be a higher chance of unsuccessful transfers (due to the HUGE numbers of transfers he had to make. But for the most part we didn't spend huge money on flops. Only Cornelius - which at £8.5m was hardly a huge sum. Just blown out of proportion to play the blame game.

8.5 was a lot at the time.

Money has gone through the roof now.

Lost money on Medel.

You are right about free transfers but how many did we make money on?
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:27 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Agents fees is exactly what I said was the downfall. My point being an £8.5m teenager flopping is hardly a huge event in this current market. Villa spent £80m to get promoted and still haven't. Stoke had £20m players and went down. Do you see their owners disgracing Pulis, Hughes at every opportunity? It's football. It happens.

8.5 ain’t a lot now.

Back then it was loads.
maccydee

Postby dogfound » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:57 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

we were not in the current market it was 2013 when the TV money was much lower..
and comparisons should be made with other teams with a similar prem status as our selves not long standing clubs.

and no.you dont see managers disgraced..might be because they dont deserve it and agree termination packages and failing that sue and invariably win..malky tried that..THAT is what was different here, there was no pay off or case for wrongful dismissal..
people come on here try to twist it so Tan is the big bad nasty bully wolf.
and poor little frail Malky armed with LMA lawyers says and does nothing..
crystal clear to a blind man who wronged who..
dogfound

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:13 pm

maccydee wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Simply not true.

Joe Mason
Jordan Mutch
Gary Medel
Caulker
Campbell.

8.5 was a lot at the time.

Money has gone through the roof now.

Lost money on Medel.

You are right about free transfers but how many did we make money on?

Perhaps so, the market has imploded recently. I think point being the kid might've come good. I think we pulled the trigger way too early, simply because of the bad relationship between Malky and Tan.

I'll have to sit and work out the money we made back on the free transfers and I can't be bothered. But at the end of the day, I don't think that matters too much since any money we make back is a profit and after being left with 11 players, we made solid business.
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:20 pm

maccydee wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
maccydee wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Simply not true.

Joe Mason
Jordan Mutch
Gary Medel
Caulker
Campbell.

Not even a bit you said most of Malky’s signings I pointed out it was 5 or 6 out of about 30 signings.

So totally different.

Kim 2.5
Velikonja 2
Turner 750k
Kiss 500k
Maynard 2.5
Miller 900k
Noone 1.5
Connolly 600k
Theophile Catherine 2.25
Odenwingie 2

Were significant players we lost money on. We also lost money on Medel.

Arguably none of the players were sold for more due to Malky. Mason left under Slade.

However quite clearly OGS also spent and lost loads of money.

Whether they left under OGS, Slade, Trollope, Warnock doesn't affect the points being made if we're talking about Malky's signings. The above isn't too bad business when you take into account that Velikonja and Kim were signings not sanctioned by Malky himself. The other big signings, Noone and Turner were great servants. We had something like £1.5-2m back for Theophile Catherine, Odemwingie was swapped for Kenwyne by another manager.

VERY unlucky with Maynard. He would've banged in 20 easy if not for that BAD injury. Miller was a cock in training apparently and jumped ship. Connolly still here. Leaves you with Filip Kiss who was a young player who didn't come good.
TAP_Sheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:24 pm

dogfound wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

we were not in the current market it was 2013 when the TV money was much lower..
and comparisons should be made with other teams with a similar prem status as our selves not long standing clubs.

and no.you dont see managers disgraced..might be because they dont deserve it and agree termination packages and failing that sue and invariably win..malky tried that..THAT is what was different here, there was no pay off or case for wrongful dismissal..

To be honest, both as bad as each other. Tan was very naive and went about the whole thing totally the wrong way. That's from this point of view though. We really don't know what happened. If every managers texts and emails were searched I'd say 75% AT LEAST would have similar content as Malky's did.

Doesn't excuse anything and of course agent fees were high and if we paid Cornelius £40k after he was on less than £1k a week at Copenhagen then of course that's seriously bad business. But when we know other clubs were in for Cornelius and Medel you're going to have to pay over the odds. And if you're a manager who's not got the owner breathing down your neck and is essentially just signings checks, you may as well try your luck and offer stupid money. Everyone would.
TAP_Sheep

Postby droyal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:51 am

neathbluebird wrote:
JuniorBluebird1980 wrote:At the end of the day if it was not for Tan and his deep deep pockets we would not be where we are today. Who else would have done what he has done! Enjoy our season in the premier league. If we go down so what! If we stay up even better. Just support our club and be thankful we have an owner who has stuck with us.

:thumbup: spot on...i think we will surprise a few this season

agree :ayatollah: the club is in good shape, I for one will enjoy this season, give it our best shot, is all we can ask, hopfully will get our first point, or points on the board today :thumbup:
droyal

Postby droyal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:57 am

Carlossus wrote:
dogfound wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Bob bank mason wrote:I have wanted tan out since day 1. Nothing but a lil pussy ass

Maybe he'll fight you?

My moneys on Tan round 1. :lol:

:lol: maybe he will get his chance today....Tan KO round 1
droyal

Postby dogfound » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:31 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
dogfound wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

To be honest, both as bad as each other. Tan was very naive and went about the whole thing totally the wrong way. That's from this point of view though. We really don't know what happened. If every managers texts and emails were searched I'd say 75% AT LEAST would have similar content as Malky's did.

Doesn't excuse anything and of course agent fees were high and if we paid Cornelius £40k after he was on less than £1k a week at Copenhagen then of course that's seriously bad business. But when we know other clubs were in for Cornelius and Medel you're going to have to pay over the odds. And if you're a manager who's not got the owner breathing down your neck and is essentially just signings checks, you may as well try your luck and offer stupid money. Everyone would.[/quote

what have texts and emails found months AFTER his sacking..and AFTER his LMA lawyers told him to drop his claim and apologise got to do with it.they came into the public domain when he looked like he might get the Palace job ...i doubt the majority of people have that stuff in their text/email history either .i dont..or would i rip off an employer whether he was breathing down my neck or not..{i love the way the malkites like to say both Tan was breathing down his neck and should also have interfered with the transfers}.
dogfound

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:35 am

Tan In Town Today ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby droyal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:28 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Tan In Town Today ;)

Good too see, and blue, hope we get the win :thumbup:
droyal

Previous

Return to General Chat