Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff Fans throwing coins yesterday '

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:Vince Alm:

"Throwing coins is a cowardly act,which will land our club in trouble"

Good hard working performance from the team, not quite enough quality in midfield today to carve out clear cut chances, but for the best part we held our own which was positive. We know we have players to come in to improve things. overall a disappointing result but some encouragement for the future

Well done to the support down there today stuck with the team and cheered them off at the end and didn't stop singing
only downer on an otherwise enjoyable day was the two coins thrown at the Bournemouth player/referee 36 minute!

Yes it is frustrating regards the penalty decision but keep a cool head, throwing coins at players and referee is a cowardly act which will land the club in trouble. Hopefully this will be an isolated incident not repeated again this season. We are better than that.

Time to look forward to the Newcastle game. :thumbright:

Bluebirds onwards and upwards :bluebird: :bluebird:

Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser stoops to pick up the change after two coins are thrown at him during the 2-0 home win against Cardiff

I don`t know the answer to this question as I have never organised coach trips , but those that do who post on here should know the answer .

As I understand it , travel groups arranging coaches have to provide the club with names of fans booked to travel with them so that the club can check that they qualify for tickets (7 away games last season etc). However , are there any checks to see if the people physically travelling are the actual people named as qualifying or could anyone go with little or no risk of being challenged as "valid" travellers?

Would it be feasible or reasonable to expect travel groups to assure the club that the only people travelling are actually those that qualify , and to ask all travellers to carry I.D. that would be available for firstly the travel group to check they are who they claim to be then the club to do spot checks? A bit of a pain in the arse and extra work for travel groups I know , but would reduce the risk of those who don`t qualify (but have a "mate" who does)taking up spaces that would otherwise be available for qualifying fans.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:43 am

Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:This to me is why Away games should be on how many years you'be been a season ticket holder and not based on how many away games you been too. Getting banned for all home games, losing your season ticket and so not being able to see any away games too, would get rid of these tools, no doubt off their heads on Blow too.

Well that's a bit silly. Just ignore any recent fans or fans under 40?!

The current system is fine... When it's not abused!! In theory if the person had been to 7 aways last year they've proven their behaviour.

The only way to stop this is to police it ourselves. Have a word with them, educate, they probably aren't even thinking of the consequences, point that out and I'm sure they'll stop. Our away support is superb, let's not let the 0.1% spoil that.

Totally agree! :thumbright:

Away tickets should be based on consistency rather than longevity!

I wouldn't be averse to the introduction of some kind of controllable Away Season Ticket either! :ayatollah:

No they shouldn't. I'm sick to death of the glory hunters being on away trips or any time there's a cup run. Getting pissed and drugged up out of their heads and where the threat of lifetime ban means nothing. The away games now for so many are just used a day out to get pissed, smoke tons of Blow and act like we're still in the 80's but pitching cans and food at the stops offs and insulting countless people in the pubs.

So to help counter that, Season ticket holders should come 1st (and before you saying anything I went to 8 away games last year, so its not about not able to get tickets this season) and where the threat of a lifetime ban from all home games, actually means and counts for something...

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:07 pm

StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:This to me is why Away games should be on how many years you'be been a season ticket holder and not based on how many away games you been too. Getting banned for all home games, losing your season ticket and so not being able to see any away games too, would get rid of these tools, no doubt off their heads on Blow too.

The current system is fine... When it's not abused!! In theory if the person had been to 7 aways last year they've proven their behaviour.

The only way to stop this is to police it ourselves. Have a word with them, educate, they probably aren't even thinking of the consequences, point that out and I'm sure they'll stop. Our away support is superb, let's not let the 0.1% spoil that.

I wouldn't be averse to the introduction of some kind of controllable Away Season Ticket either! :ayatollah:

No they shouldn't. I'm sick to death of the glory hunters being on away trips or any time there's a cup run. Getting pissed and drugged up out of their heads and where the threat of lifetime ban means nothing. The away games now for so many are just used a day out to get pissed, smoke tons of Blow and act like we're still in the 80's but pitching cans and food at the stops offs and insulting countless people in the pubs.

So to help counter that, Season ticket holders should come 1st (and before you saying anything I went to 8 away games last year, so its not about not able to get tickets this season) and where the threat of a lifetime ban from all home games, actually means and counts for something...

I think myself and Sven both agree with you on your points about the idiots travelling and misbehaving.

It was your throwaway comment about only season ticket holders who'd had them for the longest get away tickets. That I disagree with.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

I think myself and Sven both agree with you on your points about the idiots travelling and misbehaving.

It was your throwaway comment about only season ticket holders who'd had them for the longest get away tickets. That I disagree with.

Yep! Spot on! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Obviously I would strongly condemn the perpetrator(s), whoever they are.
However, how do we know that Cardiff supporters were responsible ?
On the face of it, it might seem obvious from the surrounding circumstances, and in fairness it's probably the case, but until the culprit is identified we cannot simply assume that.
It could equally have been someone who set out and intended to defame Cardiff supporters or a completely random act by some nut case or drunk.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:35 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Obviously I would strongly condemn the perpetrator(s), whoever they are.
On the face of it, it might seem obvious from the surrounding circumstances, and in fairness it's probably the case, but until the culprit is identified we cannot simply assume that.
It could equally have been someone who set out and intended to defame Cardiff supporters or a completely random act by some nut case or drunk.

Come on fella cant see any sane Bournemouth fan throwing a coin at his own player can you...minority of clowns at every club unfortunately always will be

Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:51 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Obviously I would strongly condemn the perpetrator(s), whoever they are.

because it happened on the touchline right infront of us..maybe Chivers threw the coins though..?

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:20 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:

It's wasn't a throwaway comment. I feel that Season ticket holders should get the away game tickets or at least the priority, based on how many years, one's been a season ticket holder.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:06 pm

StaffBluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:

It's wasn't a throwaway comment. I feel that Season ticket holders should get the away game tickets or at least the priority, based on how many years, one's been a season ticket holder.

Wow. Then what a silly idea. Our support would be woeful. A glorified pensioners club.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:43 pm

StaffBluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:

And your reason behind this idea is because some twit through a coin and now you don't want younger fans on the piss at away games?

Prehaps we should put an age limit of only 50 plus at away games and ban alcohol.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm

old_man wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Idiots.

Well there's a few season tickets that will be available to people needing them! We don't want you around our club, you're not big, hard, funny or clever! I hope the majority of us would tell them as much if we ever witnessed it too!

I doubt they are even season ticket holders. So many of our fans are selling tickets on facebook or offering their fan numbers about to those who don't qualify to keep their number of aways up, that anyone could of thrown the coins.

Well it's about time the club stopped that from happening, ban the idiots who threw the coins and if the club find out that they bought tickets off other fans our used other fans fan number then ban the fan who gave them their fan number as well.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:48 pm

dazza wrote:
old_man wrote:

Well there's a few season tickets that will be available to people needing them! We don't want you around our club, you're not big, hard, funny or clever! I hope the majority of us would tell them as much if we ever witnessed it too!

I doubt they are even season ticket holders. So many of our fans are selling tickets on facebook or offering their fan numbers about to those who don't qualify to keep their number of aways up, that anyone could of thrown the coins.

Well it's about time the club stopped that from happening, ban the idiots who threw the coins and if the club find out that they bought tickets off other fans our used other fans fan number then ban the fan who gave them their fan number as well.

Shall we bring back hanging aswell daz......

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:41 pm

stephendavid wrote:
dazza wrote:
old_man wrote:

No what he’s saying is right.

You gave your ticket to a bellend you also should pay the price.

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:43 pm

StaffBluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:

but season ticket holders do get priority for Huddersfield {and i presume the following few games } the criteria is ST holders who went to 4 aways last year..or members that did 7.
dont see length of time as a stand alone criteria is fair at all.why should someone who has been an ST holder for 10 years and never shown the least bit of interest in away trips now be entitled to cherry pick the top 6 away at the expense of some youngster who might only have been able to afford a ST for 6 years { since they left school } but has been doing allsorts of hard trips to Ipswich, Sunderland, Boro etc..?

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:10 am

nubbsy wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:

And your reason behind this idea is because some twit through a coin and now you don't want younger fans on the piss at away games?

No trouble with people having a good time and getting drunk, I do it myself. I'm just sick of so-called fans (who you'll never seen at home games) off their heads on Blow, pissed as farts insulting people, acting like idiots while singing the song 'We're off our f*cking heads' Who the way home insulting the Bus driver (how he or she must stop to get cans) stealing cans & Food from the shop, chucking up on the back of the bus and saying 'f**k it, the bus driver can clean it up' and more and more having go at the person who organises the away trips.

It's not just the odd moron sadly

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:17 am

nubbsy wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:

Prehaps we should put an age limit of only 50 plus at away games and ban alcohol.

Maybe you should take the time to read, what people post. It's not 'just' about throwing coins, it's about the idiots who use the away trips.. only to get pissed smoke tons of blow to use the Away trip to make it ok to steel cans and insult the local people Ect. Where a Ban is no good and is no threat... We might never play Bournemouth again and even then, if the idiot is banned from Bournemouth, is just one away game a year BIG deal

We need a better system, to help ensure Away fans behave like Home fans.. Where the threat of a lifetime ban to all home games is a serious threat and HUGE deterrent

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
dazza wrote:
old_man wrote:

No what he’s saying is right.

You gave your ticket to a bellend you also should pay the price.

You know this for fact do you?just assuming things fella you both are

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:27 pm

nubbsy wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:

alcohol on the buses is actually against the law.
and its the drivers responsibility to ensure there isnt any , not that many appreciate it when a blind eye is turned.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:30 pm

StaffBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
StaffBluebird wrote:

Maybe you should take the time to read, what people post. It's not 'just' about throwing coins, it's about the idiots who use the away trips.. only to get pissed smoke tons of blow to use the Away trip to make it ok to steel cans and insult the local people Ect. Where a Ban is no good and is no threat... We might never play Bournemouth again and even then, if the idiot is banned from Bournemouth, is just one away game a year BIG deal

We need a better system, to help ensure Away fans behave like Home fans.. Where the threat of a lifetime ban to all home games is a serious threat and HUGE deterrent

where does the idea that a ban means just from Bournemouth come from..?
if caught and given a ban it will be in a court of law and will cover ALL football for a specified length of time .

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:33 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Good hard working performance from the team, not quite enough quality in midfield today to carve out clear cut chances, but for the best part we held our own which was positive. We know we have players to come in to improve things. overall a disappointing result but some encouragement for the future

Well done to the support down there today stuck with the team and cheered them off at the end and didn't stop singing
only downer on an otherwise enjoyable day was the two coins thrown at the Bournemouth player/referee 36 minute!

Yes it is frustrating regards the penalty decision but keep a cool head, throwing coins at players and referee is a cowardly act which will land the club in trouble. Hopefully this will be an isolated incident not repeated again this season. We are better than that.

Bournemouth winger Ryan Fraser stoops to pick up the change after two coins are thrown at him during the 2-0 home win against Cardiff

I don`t know the answer to this question as I have never organised coach trips , but those that do who post on here should know the answer .

As I understand it , travel groups arranging coaches have to provide the club with names of fans booked to travel with them so that the club can check that they qualify for tickets (7 away games last season etc). However , are there any checks to see if the people physically travelling are the actual people named as qualifying or could anyone go with little or no risk of being challenged as "valid" travellers?

Would it be feasible or reasonable to expect travel groups to assure the club that the only people travelling are actually those that qualify , and to ask all travellers to carry I.D. that would be available for firstly the travel group to check they are who they claim to be then the club to do spot checks? A bit of a pain in the arse and extra work for travel groups I know , but would reduce the risk of those who don`t qualify (but have a "mate" who does)taking up spaces that would otherwise be available for qualifying fans.

Did anyone find the answer to this yet?

Are there any checks in place to ensure that only those who qualify for tickets and travel actually do , and is there a system to stop "false" names being given to the club then someone else uses the ticket?
I am not for one moment suggesting that any travel organiser does this , but what is to stop an individual who does qualify putting their name forward then letting someone else who doesn`t qualify use that available ticket and travel space?

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Are there any checks in place to ensure that only those who qualify for tickets and travel actually do , and is there a system to stop "false" names being given to the club then someone else uses the ticket?
I am not for one moment suggesting that any travel organiser does this , but what is to stop an individual who does qualify putting their name forward then letting someone else who doesn`t qualify use that available ticket and travel space?

no doubt it happens as it does at all clubs.concert tickets and any other event youd care to name but are you seriously suggesting coach organisers start doing check point charlie type checks insisting id cards are carried...AND our club do spot checks....and what if joe and jim boggs buy 2 tickets and give then to bill and dai boggs who travel by train..do the train companys also do these checks and the club stop trains..?

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:10 pm

dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

no doubt it happens as it does at all clubs.concert tickets and any other event youd care to name but are you seriously suggesting coach organisers start doing check point charlie type checks insisting id cards are carried...AND our club do spot checks....and what if joe and jim boggs buy 2 tickets and give then to bill and dai boggs who travel by train..do the train companys also do these checks and the club stop trains..?[/quote

Apologies if I am wrong about this , which is quite possible as I have not experienced the system in person.

Doesn`t the system work by each coach organiser asking for a fixed number of match tickets to be checked against a list of people who will travel on their coach , with the club then checking that the list only contains names of people who meet the qualifying criteria?

The coach organiser then just needs to check that "Dave" who is on the list is actually "Dave" when he turns up to board the bus , then he is given his ticket. If it is not "Dave" but "Dave`s mate" , then he doesn`t get a ticket and the organiser then has a word with "Dave" for messing the organiser about and/or doesn`t book him on the next trip he applies for.
This would also prevent "Dave" from getting the ticket ahead of travel and giving it to a non-qualifying mate to travel independently by train or car. Would only take each organiser a few minutes per coach to do the check.

I do appreciate that the above would only work for those travelling via one of the approved travel groups and not for those who qualify for away tickets but travel independently.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:23 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

no doubt it happens as it does at all clubs.concert tickets and any other event youd care to name but are you seriously suggesting coach organisers start doing check point charlie type checks insisting id cards are carried...AND our club do spot checks....and what if joe and jim boggs buy 2 tickets and give then to bill and dai boggs who travel by train..do the train companys also do these checks and the club stop trains..?[/quote

Apologies if I am wrong about this , which is quite possible as I have not experienced the system in person.

Doesn`t the system work by each coach organiser asking for a fixed number of match tickets to be checked against a list of people who will travel on their coach , with the club then checking that the list only contains names of people who meet the qualifying criteria?

The coach organiser then just needs to check that "Dave" who is on the list is actually "Dave" when he turns up to board the bus , then he is given his ticket. If it is not "Dave" but "Dave`s mate" , then he doesn`t get a ticket and the organiser then has a word with "Dave" for messing the organiser about and/or doesn`t book him on the next trip he applies for.
This would also prevent "Dave" from getting the ticket ahead of travel and giving it to a non-qualifying mate to travel independently by train or car. Would only take each organiser a few minutes per coach to do the check.

I do appreciate that the above would only work for those travelling via one of the approved travel groups and not for those who qualify for away tickets but travel independently.

and there in lies the problem..you can not treat people differently just because they travel by coach....this heavy handedness btw will drive people off the coaches which im pretty sure is the exact opposite to what the police want..
last Saturday was a one off involving a couple of people..the big picture is the behaviour of our fans has improved enormously and a big part of that is travel clubs members co opperating with the police

Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:48 am

dogfound wrote:

because it happened on the touchline right infront of us..maybe Chivers threw the coins though..?

Well that's settled then. I presume that you've made a statement to the police if you witnessed it.
How were you able to identify the culprits ? Were they known to you, or did the arresting officer tell you afterwards ?

It's encouraging to hear that someone was able to see exactly who threw such small objects in a big crowd and keep them in view because a shocking number of people just make assumptions and repeat something they heard.
When is it in court ?

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:57 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Well that's settled then. I presume that you've made a statement to the police if you witnessed it.
How were you able to identify the culprits ? Were they known to you, or did the arresting officer tell you afterwards ?

It's encouraging to hear that someone was able to see exactly who threw such small objects in a big crowd and keep them in view because a shocking number of people just make assumptions and repeat something they heard.
When is it in court ?

my remark was sarcasm towards your pretty silly post..the coins came from our end but if you want to believe Bournemouth have world record coin throwers that can not only aim them 50yards but can get the coins to do you turns to look as if they came from a different direction. carry on. :roll: :roll:

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:04 am

cant believe some of these comments basically defending the idiots :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:18 am

paulh_85 wrote:cant believe some of these comments basically defending the idiots :lol: :lol:

it could have been someone who set out to.....{.go to a game he/she had no interest in where tickets for the away end were like gold dust to aim coins at bournemouth players while running a risk of being seen by police or be on CCTV } just to defame our fans..
bonkers.....

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:34 am

dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

and there in lies the problem..you can not treat people differently just because they travel by coach....this heavy handedness btw will drive people off the coaches which im pretty sure is the exact opposite to what the police want..
last Saturday was a one off involving a couple of people..the big picture is the behaviour of our fans has improved enormously and a big part of that is travel clubs members co opperating with the police

Generally , our away support and their behaviour is tremendous and a credit to our club , but there is still a small minority who seem determined to spoil it for everyone .Either they have to be pointed out at games by the vast majority to stop them from carrying on causing problems or something has to be done by the club to show the authorities that all reasonable steps are being taken to try and prevent the problem.

Tim (Lawnmower) and other travel group organisers who post on here might have some idea of what percentage of all away game tickets are distributed through official travel groups. If it is very high , then my suggestion might prove the point that the club is doing its very best to limit the risk of the idiot fan behaviour.