Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Phil McNulty BBC write up on Cardiff

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:39 am

Prediction This season - 20th

Oh how Neil Warnock will love the Bluebirds being written off before the season even starts. This is a vastly experienced manager who, no matter what any of his many detractors might say, did the sort of job that would have been hailed as a work of genius by other managers to get Cardiff promoted last season.

They will be backed by fanatical support at home but Warnock has found the transition from Championship to Premier League a difficult one before and might have wanted to do more in the markets this summer.

Have Cardiff City got enough to stay up? I have my doubts but would be happy to be wrong and no doubt those of us who predict their demise will hear about if we are - and rightly so.

He actually comes across as liking us which is suprising, lets hope we prove all our doubters wrong

Re: Phil McNulty BBC write up on Cardiff

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:00 am

I wouldn’t say he either likes or dislikes us he’s just a very balanced journalist and one of the most knowledgable

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:08 am

I agree it is a very balanced article. I get the feeling he has great respect for Warnock rather than a liking for Cardiff and would like us to succeed because of that.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:25 pm

Fair write up. Seems like he wishes us well. I Like that.

Unlike Merson on SSN just then. Not gonna do much playing long ball, surprised Arter went there, ya ya ya! Knob. Have you actually ever seen us play? Didn't sound like it.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Merson is a horrendous pundit talks like he’s some thick tw*t who never had friends in school that one lad

Can’t stand him

Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:12 pm

I always thought Merson was alright until I actually listened to him today, kept Yong Mendez Lang should play up front cos h a unit unlike Reed who was bouncing off people.

You would think Sky who pays him a fortune I bet would tell him to do some homework on teams he’s going to be watching on a Saturday

And his comments at the end were a joke, oh it’s bournemouth you should score against them - knob head.