iptv-some friendly advice

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bluepagey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:14 pm

With the season approaching I see IPTV mentioned a lot on here, I've had IPTV a number of years and believe me it gets harder each year to get working streams from 3-5 on Saturdays this is because every year the isp's are doing their best to block them and this year is no different, only last week some of the major stream providers suffered a ddos attack by sports channel suppliers..this was their test ready for the season.

So some advice if you want to go down the IPTV route from in the UK

1.ask for a trail that includes a Saturday (Saturday 3-5gmt) is when the blockers take full affect outside of that and IPTV will work flawlessly
2. Get yourself a decent VPN- go for one that offers a trail that way you can again trial it on a Saturday.Iptv sellers can say they broadcast 3pm ko's but that doesn't stop your own ISP blocking it

This week will be the first real test so they may even find a way of blocking VPN usage...only time will tell.
bluepagey

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: iptv-some friendly advice

Postby streamfeeder » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:31 pm

I got a trial for the weekend to see what the Saturday games are like, not really interested in anything other than watching the Cardiff city matches but the kids have watched a few films and box sets and it has been as you said, flawless, so if it don't work tomorrow I won't be buying. I have had sky packages for a few years but the price seems to go up and up and the more it goes up the harder it is to justify. My man has promised me its goong to work perfectly tomorrow so will let you know how it goes
streamfeeder

Postby Wayne S » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Do you need a VPN just to bypass any attempts to block the footy via your ISP?

Or do you need a VPN to stop you being identified and potentially prosecuted?

I always thought it was the ISP's they went after but you hear scare stories.
Wayne S

Postby KWest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm

What on Earth is iptv?
KWest

Postby Wayne S » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm

KWest wrote:What on Earth is iptv?

Live TV via your internet connection. ALL channels from all over the world, if you pay.
Wayne S

Postby KWest » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 pm

What’s the price, and safe to pay? As in, card details etc?

Got any links mate?
KWest

Postby bluepagey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Wayne S wrote:Do you need a VPN just to bypass any attempts to block the footy via your ISP?

Or do you need a VPN to stop you being identified and potentially prosecuted?

I always thought it was the ISP's they went after but you hear scare stories.

Vpn is for anonymous browsing, also stops hackers, you can select a server from around the world so the 3pm ko would be a different time say in the USA
bluepagey

Postby maltablue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Gt to say had mine a year in Malta and no probs all movies all 3pm kick offs on bein sports plus free ppv fights i hope i haven,t put the mockers on it now i ay 35 euro every 3 months don,t know if thats good or not.
maltablue

Postby JJbluebird » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 pm

I use Plex on my firestick, 25 quid for three months, basically all films, tv shows on demand then have iptv channels. they also do iptv on its own aswel on many devices. Had the iptv with them for tge last 2 years and has been brilliant, Genie tv they are called :ayatollah:
JJbluebird

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Watched Man Utd v Leicester tonight not one problem lovely picture
BobbyBlue

Postby Berkshirebluebird49 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:34 am

Hi, I have pm'd you. Looking for advice on who you recommend for a free trial and who do you use. I've got a amazon fire tv box and running ipvanish as my vpn. Any advice on who people use for what I run would be brill.

Thanks in advance
Berkshirebluebird49

Postby papa » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:52 am

not many give trials on matchdays.
ENJOY YOURSELF (its later than you think)
papa

Postby bluepagey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:15 am

maltablue wrote:Gt to say had mine a year in Malta and no probs all movies all 3pm kick offs on bein sports plus free ppv fights i hope i haven,t put the mockers on it now i ay 35 euro every 3 months don,t know if thats good or not.

You shouldn't need a VPN in Malta, I didn't last year as it's outside of the uk
bluepagey

Postby bluepagey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:16 am

Berkshirebluebird49 wrote:Hi, I have pm'd you. Looking for advice on who you recommend for a free trial and who do you use. I've got a amazon fire tv box and running ipvanish as my vpn. Any advice on who people use for what I run would be brill.

Pm you back mate

Thanks in advance
bluepagey

Postby streamfeeder » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:26 pm

had my trial and had a perfect stream until exactly the 90th minute then it stopped so missed the last goal, very happy with it and probably keep sky sports as well as have iptv allthough it was a good picture, it was some chinese channel, theres a noticeable difference between a sattalite picture and a streamed picture, but for £35 quid for 6 months its most definatly worth it
streamfeeder

Postby streamfeeder » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:27 pm

also, i should of said this was through an amazon fire stick
streamfeeder

Postby BobbyBlue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Ah there we go then firesticks are shit, kodi boxes are shit. People abuse IPTV but they are using shit hardware. Iv used kodi and firesticks and there’s a massive difference when you use a tidy box.
BobbyBlue

Postby streamfeeder » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:59 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Ah there we go then firesticks are shit, kodi boxes are shit. People abuse IPTV but they are using shit hardware. Iv used kodi and firesticks and there’s a massive difference when you use a tidy box.

where did i say it was shit??,i said i was happy with it but could tell the difference between a stream and sky sports whether this is because its live from china i dont know, the mrs and kids are watching wonderwoman on it now and its a perfect picture
streamfeeder

Postby BobbyBlue » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:46 pm

streamfeeder wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:Ah there we go then firesticks are shit, kodi boxes are shit. People abuse IPTV but they are using shit hardware. Iv used kodi and firesticks and there’s a massive difference when you use a tidy box.

where did i say it was shit??,i said i was happy with it but could tell the difference between a stream and sky sports whether this is because its live from china i dont know, the mrs and kids are watching wonderwoman on it now and its a perfect picture

My bad I thought you were the OP saying it was getting worse year by year.
BobbyBlue

Return to General Chat