Patterson and bamba

Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:26 pm

They both looked unfit today, positive was Murphy we got hell of a player there

Re: Patterson and bamba

Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:27 pm

We lacked quality big time in midfield

Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:30 pm

I thought Patterson was carrying a bit of timber.

Maybe his shirt was a size too small but he certainly seemed to be filling it.

Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:05 pm

davids wrote:I thought Patterson was carrying a bit of timber.

Maybe his shirt was a size too small but he certainly seemed to be filling it.

He's defo been on the pies ,3 midfielders short

Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:09 pm

I thought Mendez-Laing looked heavy, but I’ve heard he’s been training hard this summer. I think Warnock said only a couple of players came back to pre season a pound or two heavier, so I’m sure our squad are in peak condition and I was pleased how we kept going to the end today, finishing strongly.

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:36 pm

I think Paterson looked a bit laboured not because he'd put on a bit of weight, but because he wasn't really sure what position he was meant to be playing. Both seemed to want to play the number 10 role, but neither wanted to assume the number 9 position.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:08 am

I thought the same about Patterson. Been eating too much haggis. We only have one midfielder capable of playing in the Premier league and that is Ralls. Need 2 more before deadline.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:46 am

Bluesman wrote:I thought the same about Patterson. Been eating too much haggis. We only have one midfielder capable of playing in the Premier league and that is Ralls. Need 2 more before deadline.

Agree and we're leaving it very late. It's squeaky bum time

Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:30 pm

if the club pay over the odds, just do it! Can't expect not to get relegated wihout midfielders :o

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:03 am

I think Greg Halford will be back on a free transfer if we fail to sign anyone before deadline day.