Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC UPDATED: Few First Team Players Over In France Today

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:35 am

Amiens SC 1 Cardiff City 3 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Scorers for City own goal, Gary Madine & Anthony Pilkington :thumbright: :bluebird:

Pre-Season | #CardiffCity defeated @AmiensSC 3-1 today in a behind-closed-doors friendly at @StGeorgesPark.

An own goal opened the scoring before Gary Madine & @Pilkington_11 netted for the #Bluebirds!

We are playing a friendly in France today against Amiens SC, Several players over there that you might have expected to be in the squad tomorrow.

Amiens posted this picture, you can spot a few players notably Madine, Ward, Damour, Connolly, O'keefe, Pilkington, Harris I think and number 3 could possibly be Cunningham?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Few First Team Players Over In France Today

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:50 am

Well given the number 3 is Black I don’t think so :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:04 pm

My eyes aren't the best but he doesn't look black to me.

As close as I could zoom in on this pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Currently 1-1 not sure who scored for city

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:09 pm

It's currently 1-1 in the 54th minute, not sure on the City scorer but Quentin Cornette equalised in the 49th minute :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Goal ! Madine makes it 2-1 to Cardiff 64 minutes played :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:31 pm

3-1

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:37 pm

looks like the starting 11 tommorow is going to very much who starts against bournemouth

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:39 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:3-1

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:44 pm

phildavies wrote:Well given the number 3 is Black I don’t think so :lol:

My apologies was thinking we was in our away kit

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Seen jazz Richard was playing aswell

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:47 pm

phildavies wrote:

My apologies was thinking we was in our away kit

No worries happens to all of us now and then :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Bit of a random one this isn’t it.

All the way to France for a training game.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Not a bad side either tbf, decent run out for a second string city side and to be 3-1 up is pretty good!

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Final score

Amiens SC 1-3 Cardiff City :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Bit of a random one this isn’t it.

All the way to France for a training game.

Would loved to have gone to this game, Amiens is a great place right on the banks of the River Somme we stayed there over night after the England game in Lens :bluescarf: :old:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Apparently game was played in burton and zohore was there too...

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Sounds like we used our pace to our advantage here :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Bryceyblue wrote:Apparently game was played in burton and zohore was there too...

Would make more sense than flying half of our squad to France I suppose, so you might well be right.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:11 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:
Bryceyblue wrote:Apparently game was played in burton and zohore was there too...

Would make more sense than flying half of our squad to France I suppose, so you might well be right.

Yeah 100%, nice little run out for a few and a decent win against French league 1 opposition

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:18 pm

Reading into it further, it was played at St. George’s Park

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Bryceyblue wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:

Yeah 100%, nice little run out for a few and a decent win against French league 1 opposition

You were correct and yes good win against decent opposition :ayatollah:

Re: CCFC UPDATED: Few First Team Players Over In France Toda

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Amiens SC 1 Cardiff City 3 :bluebird:

Scorers for City own goal, Gary Madine & Anthony Pilkington :thumbright: :bluebird:

Pre-Season | #CardiffCity defeated @AmiensSC 3-1 today in a behind-closed-doors friendly at @StGeorgesPark.

An own goal opened the scoring before Gary Madine & @Pilkington_11 netted for the #Bluebirds!

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Happy days, they played Bournemouth 3 days ago and lost 3-1 Also, Defoe, king and Francis the scorers then! If that’s anything to go by, we are up for a good game at the vitality next Saturday

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:22 pm

So they weren't in France after all, my apologies if the title was misleading to anyone, would be grateful if a mod could change it for me :thumbright:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Bryceyblue wrote:Happy days, they played Bournemouth 3 days ago and lost 3-1 Also, Defoe, king and Francis the scorers then! If that’s anything to go by, we are up for a good game at the vitality next Saturday

And this wasn’t our full strength team, should be a very good game next week

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Unless he's "self identified" as black of course. If you become a woman like that , which apparently you can) in which case that might explain it .

Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:30 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:Amiens SC 1 Cardiff City 3 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

We are playing a friendly in France today against Amiens SC, Several players over there that you might have expected to be in the squad tomorrow.

Amiens posted this picture, you can spot a few players notably Madine, Ward, Damour, Connolly, O'keefe, Pilkington, Harris I think and number 3 could possibly be Cunningham?

You do realise St. George’s Park is in the midlands fella and not France :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:47 pm

steve davies wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:Amiens SC 1 Cardiff City 3 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

You do realise St. George’s Park is in the midlands fella and not France :lol: :lol: :lol:

When he posted nobody knew it was in St. George’s Park

Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:14 pm

I really hope Madine gets off the mark when gets a chance next season he's been unlucky and doesn't deserve the stick.