Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Rhys Healey going out on loan “

Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Rhys Healey to a league one club, won't put the team out as not sure if its done yet 100% but its up till january, hopefully he does well as he needs to be playing regular football now

Re: healey going out on loan

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Just what he needs at this stage.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Hopefully a championship club or league one.
Certainly good enough for league one and a point to prove if its in the championship.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:25 pm

fred keenor wrote:Hopefully a championship club or league one.
Certainly good enough for league one and a point to prove if its in the championship.

deffo a league one club, should come out tomorrow

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:00 pm

plymouth argyle would be my guess.
they need a striker, warnock likes them.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:04 pm

streamfeeder wrote:
fred keenor wrote:Hopefully a championship club or league one.

deffo a league one club, should come out tomorrow

I'm glad it's a league one club. More likely to get games.

Re: “ Rhys Healey going out on loan “

Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 pm

If he’s not proven himself in Championship, what’s the point of keeping him?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Hes never been a million miles away from our team, was really unlucky with the injury and a full season in league one will do wonders for him.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Good news, I think he'll bag a load of goals in that league.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Hes not premiership standard time to get rid

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:42 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:If he’s not proven himself in Championship, what’s the point of keeping him?

Totally agrree.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Needs to play regular football good luck to him.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Needs to play regular football good luck to him.

Also agree with this

Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:03 am

HarriRhys22 wrote:If he’s not proven himself in Championship, what’s the point of keeping him?

I thought he had 'proved' himself in the Championship prior to his (serious) injury? :?

I guess it's all about opinion but both manager and supporters were waxing lyrical about the lad before that and I recall he was on a bit of a scoring run at the time!

I'd certainly say he was/is up to Championship standard and maybe just a little unlucky, too! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:49 am

It's all very well saying he isn't up to Prem standard but things can change quickly. He could have a brilliant season in league 1 banging in the goals and we could go down to the championship then all of a sudden we have someone we would be looking to use.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:00 am

Sven wrote:

I thought he had 'proved' himself in the Championship prior to his (serious) injury? :?

I guess it's all about opinion but both manager and supporters were waxing lyrical about the lad before that and I recall he was on a bit of a scoring run at the time!

I'd certainly say he was/is up to Championship standard and maybe just a little unlucky, too! :ayatollah:

He scored one goal. Played about three times and I don’t think he had a full game.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:56 am

Sven wrote:

not sure what it is or if its just our fans either. but there does seem to be this thing where people seem to think they have seen more than what they have actually seen { not just you sven }...yes some were waxing lyrical and very excited but what we have seen of Rhys is very little certainly not enough to judge him..a year ago it was 5 threads a day { thats how it seemed } about Saadi who people had seen even less of..
anyway, for me Rhys needs to be at a championship club.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:59 am

Just after Warnock turned up I think it was he started playing and he did well, you could see he has something about his game but needed to add goals which he has done on loan. The next step is a longer loan period and league 1 seems ideal to me, more likely to get a decent run of games than in the championship. If he does well in league one no doubt come January championship clubs would come knocking and that then again is his next step up.

Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Just after Warnock turned up I think it was he started playing and he did well, you could see he has something about his game but needed to add goals which he has done on loan. The next step is a longer loan period and league 1 seems ideal to me, more likely to get a decent run of games than in the championship. If he does well in league one no doubt come January championship clubs would come knocking and that then again is his next step up.

i dont remember him playing apart from a few subs appearances late in game.{last 10/15 mins } although it does say 3 starts..maybe they were away games..?