A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ot,tommy robinson wins appeal

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:58 am

The way it was handled was unfair in the first place

Tommy Robinson wins appeal over contempt sentence

Sky News

Wednesday 01 August 2018

Tommy Robinson, who not present for the hearing, has been freed on bail
Tommy Robinson has been freed on bail by the Court of Appeal after winning an appeal against a contempt of court conviction.

The Lord Chief Justice Lord Burnett and two other judges in London quashed the finding and original 13-month sentence, made in May, at Leeds Crown Court.

He ordered a fresh hearing of the allegation and announced: "The appellant is granted bail and the matter of contempt at Leeds Crown Court is remitted to be heard again."

Supporters in the packed courtroom broke into a round of applause as the decision was announced.

Supporters of Tommy Robinson celebrate outside the Royal Courts of Justice in London, where the former English Defence League (EDL) leader has been freed on bail by the Court of Appeal after winning a challenge against a finding of contempt of court.
Around 25 supporters of Mr Robinson celebrated outside the court
The judge ordered that there should be "silence" as he carried on reading a summary of the reasons for Wednesday's ruling.

Mr Robinson was not present for the hearing and is expected to be released from prison later.

He is not allowed to go within 400m of Leeds Crown Court until the re-hearing.

Demonstrators against Tommy Robinson outside the Royal Courts of Justice in London, where the former English Defence League (EDL) leader has been freed on bail by the Court of Appeal after winning a challenge against a finding of contempt of court.
A 'stand up to racism' demonstration protested against the appeal
Around 25 of his supporters were gathered outside the Royal Courts of Justice by the time the ruling was made.

One of them told Sky News the announcement was "good news and bad news" because Mr Robinson will face a re-hearing into the allegation at a later date.

A similar-sized group staged a counter "stand up to racism" protest.

The two exchanged chants and were separated by a line of police officers.

https://news.sky.com/story/tommy-robins ... e-11456073

Re: Ot,tommy robinson wins appeal

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 am

About time really Imo.

This post will cause another argument so well done Wez :laughing5:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:07 am

Good news all round!

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:08 am

:thumbright:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:13 am

He speaks for an increasing number of ordinary people who otherwise wouldn’t have a voice, every time he’s mentioned in the MSM he tagged EDL founder and far right. Yet to hear Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell ect described as far left terrorist supporters.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am

Fantastic news like a new signing :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 am

Forever Blue wrote::thumbright:

I see Spain is stepping up their immigration policy too annis :thumbright:
Make Europe great again.
Last edited by Dahboy on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 am

Good news, he can now be found guilty for a second time :thumbright:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:57 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good news, he can now be found guilty for a second time :thumbright:

And so it begins :happy1:

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:00 am

Dahboy wrote:Fantastic news like a new signing :ayatollah:

Most people see him as a right winger but I’d play him right of centre.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:06 am

Good for him. Anyone that actively speaks out against those commiting sex offences regardless of politics is speaking on behalf of most normal people in the UK. " Well he broke the law" I hear people cry. He did, but so have most people on this forum at one time, myself included. I applaud Mr Robinson for making a stand

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:14 am

Great news wrongfully locked up for freedom of speech,mandela imprisoned for making and planting bombs treated like a saint :|

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:18 am

englishbluebird wrote:Good for him. Anyone that actively speaks out against those commiting sex offences regardless of politics is speaking on behalf of most normal people in the UK. " Well he broke the law" I hear people cry. He did, but so have most people on this forum at one time, myself included. I applaud Mr Robinson for making a stand

As long as he speaks out as actively against everyone committing such horrible crimes , regardless of skin colour , race or religion.
I am not holding my breath waiting for him to organise a rally protesting against the Roman Catholic church and some of its priests and the cover ups that occurred there.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:24 am

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:Good for him. Anyone that actively speaks out against those commiting sex offences regardless of politics is speaking on behalf of most normal people in the UK. " Well he broke the law" I hear people cry. He did, but so have most people on this forum at one time, myself included. I applaud Mr Robinson for making a stand

As long as he speaks out as actively against everyone committing such horrible crimes , regardless of skin colour , race or religion.
I am not holding my breath waiting for him to organise a rally protesting against the Roman Catholic church and some of its priests and the cover ups that occurred there.

yes i agree with you,should never be solely based on skin colour or race, of course not. Yet,it is not down to the likes of Robinson to be the only one that makes a stand. Anyone was entilted to speak out about the catholic church,yet many of these political groups chose not do.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:32 am

Jock wrote:
Dahboy wrote:Fantastic news like a new signing :ayatollah:

Most people see him as a right winger but I’d play him right of centre.

Not far left?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:34 am

ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Why should he speak out against everyone ? Its his freedom to speak out against anyone he wishes,its called freedon of speech and people like you are not given people like tommy his right to that ,i sometimes wonder who are the real nazi!

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:35 am

englishbluebird wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

yes i agree with you,should never be solely based on skin colour or race, of course not. Yet,it is not down to the likes of Robinson to be the only one that makes a stand. Anyone was entilted to speak out about the catholic church,yet many of these political groups chose not do.

This is very true.
Please people stop calling Tommy Robinson a racist it makes you look and sound pathetic.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:40 am

wez1927 wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Why should he speak out against everyone ? Its his freedom to speak out against anyone he wishes,its called freedon of speech and people like you are not given people like tommy his right to that ,i sometimes wonder who are the real nazi!

so what you’re saying is that it’s ok to marginalise a single group for crimes committed by others also

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:41 am

We are going to have to create a separate board for politics, news and any other chat outside of CCFC.

I know people are interested in this stuff but these topics have their own forums. It's even a sticky on a football forum.

I think its going to have to be me or the non-CCFC threads. I know no one will care and its not a stance against the content of these threads, its just I come here for CCFC topics.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:43 am

wez1927 wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

To make it clear to those who follow him that he is against such horrible crimes and those who seek to cover them up no matter who commits them. If he can`t or won`t do that then it tends to support the claims that he is indeed racist or islamophobic.
"People like me" as you phrase it have no problem with him expressing his views even if we vehemently disagree with them. It would just help those who read his views to ascertain whether or not he is against all such criminal acts or just those of a selected section of society. Surely that would give a clearer picture of the man and the reason for his views to give those who have the ability to form their own opinions to decide if they agree with those views.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:43 am

Also, the fact that this is a sticky is shocking

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:48 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good news, he can now be found guilty for a second time :thumbright:

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but would you and your loved ones (family) like it if you were thrown into jail for no reason what so ever?
Serious answer please.
Last edited by Dahboy on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:49 am

I think what will happen is there will be a retrial where he will be found guilty and get a suspended sentence in lieu of time already served.Remember he wasn't jailed for speaking out but for contempt of court.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:53 am

Dahboy wrote:

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not but would you and your loved ones (family) like it if you were thrown into jail for no reason what so ever?
Serious answer please.

He was on a suspended sentence and then broke its terms and you’re saying he was arrested for no reason whatsoever?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Your either a racist or thick as shit.

I’m leaning towards the thick as shit side more.

Everything the guy with the fake name does is to suit his agenda he don’t give two shits for anything else.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:01 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

The RC Church abuse, though covered up for years, is now in the public spotlight and it was only the hierarchy of the church that hid it. With these grooming gangs not only did the Muslim community look the other way, so did social services, the police and even politicians. Another thing is every time a Muslim grooming gang goes to court, members of their community givethe beasts support and blamethe victims.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

Your either a racist or thick as shit.

I’m leaning towards the thick as shit side more.

Everything the guy with the fake name does is to suit his agenda he don’t give two shits for anything else.

I certainly wouldn’t argue with you re thick as shit, your definitely an expert in that field.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:44 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Serious answer please.

He was on a suspended sentence and then broke its terms and you’re saying he was arrested for no reason whatsoever?

But the sentence handed down was because of who he is anyone else would have had 14 days in prison.

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:51 pm

Jock wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:
ccfcsince1962 wrote:

The RC Church abuse, though covered up for years, is now in the public spotlight and it was only the hierarchy of the church that hid it. With these grooming gangs not only did the Muslim community look the other way, so did social services, the police and even politicians. Another thing is every time a Muslim grooming gang goes to court, members of their community givethe beasts support and blamethe victims.

I genuinely don`t recall ever having seen any evidence of "members of their community give the beasts support and blame the victims". Not provoking a further argument for the sake of it , but where have you seen this?

Also , aren`t grooming gangs in general (Muslim or otherwise)now in the public spotlight in a similar way to the RC church abuse cases?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:08 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:

lets be honest here you started off months ago ranting he was a racist...you were wrong know you were wrong but now thinly disguise calling him a racist...he is campaigning against muslim grooming gangs having only limited MSM coverage..who on earth are you to try to belittle this with oh why doesnt he organise a protest about the RC church... if you feel strongly enough start investigating the church and sort your own protests out...and guess what..your support wont be coming from those that think tommy should be locked up..