FREE TO LEAVE LEE TOMLIN/PILKINGTON & LEE CAMP

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Former Bristol City player Lee Tomlin free to move on from Cardiff City with Nottingham Forest linked -

Tomlin is now free to move on from the Bluebirds, report the Mirror, along with Anthony Pilkington and Lee Camp

By Bristol Live / Daily Mirror

Monday 16th July 2018

Former Bristol City star Lee Tomlin is "free to move on" from Cardiff City.

The 29-year-old moved from Ashton Gate to Severnside rivals Cardiff City last season but made just 13 appearances before joining Nottingham Forest on loan in January in a swap deal with Jamie Ward.

He is now free to move on from the Bluebirds, report the Mirror, along with Anthony Pilkington and Lee Camp.

Whilst he is said to be keen to prove himself in the Premier League, he is not a major part of Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock's plans, especially after signing the likes of Bobby Reid.

Aitor Karanka is keen to see him back at Forest after also previously managing him at Middlesbrough, with Tomlin said to be open to a move back to the City Ground.

Yet if Forest want Tomlin, another loan move would be their best chance of securing his services, report Nottinghamshire Live.

Forest are still said to be keen on the player, despite their numerous incomings already this summer, but it is a rumour that has dragged on for the last month without much movement.

Tomlin secured a significant pay rise after Cardiff's promotion and is under contract until 2020, meaning he has a lucrative wage packet in South Wales at the moment.

That could prove to be a stumbling block in a permanent transfer, and the solution that looks increasingly likely is a loan move, but only if Cardiff will contribute to his wages in order to subsidise the move - with Neil Warnock having already spoken about his lack of budget for the upcoming season, he may view this as a chance to free up some money in wages.

Whilst this means Forest could have to be patient in pursuit of Tomlin, it also means quite a few other Championship clubs will be deterred from making a bid for the former Robin.

Tomlin made a positive impact at the City Ground after joining on loan in January, scoring four goals in 12 starts and three substitute appearances.
Attachments
GettyImages-884529484.jpg
GettyImages-884529484.jpg (33.84 KiB) Viewed 4143 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: FREE TO LEAVE LEE TOMLIN/PILKINGTON & LEE CAMP

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:42 pm

makes sense for all three to leave, would be nice to at least get 1m back for tomlin, but if its a season loan and paying all his wages then at least thats something.
paulh_85

Postby tubby1982 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Pilkington had a massive influance on promotion scoring some late goals but its time to move on, Tomlin could have been a hero but has been a nobody except for that one big big goal, Camp well what can be said
tubby1982

Postby RageJon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Happy with that although pilks did have a great input into points last season I think we need more then a 10 minute player and he deserves more time probably back in the championship
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Everyone forgets the personal issue Tomlin had. After xmas when it was sorted and he got his head down. To tore it up for forest.
bluebird7291

Postby Sven » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:16 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Everyone forgets the personal issue Tomlin had. After xmas when it was sorted and he got his head down. To tore it up for forest.

I'm incline to agree :thumbright:

We don't know whether he'll make it at the next level after a good pre-season but to let him go does seem to be a complete waste of what looks like a decent player and the money it took to sign him in the first place

Ultimately though, I'll go with Neil Warnock's opinion though and not the ITK's (those who think know why it went wrong for him last season) when listening to the reason(s) why Tomlin stays or goes :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby soldierblue1880 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:27 pm

If this story is true, and for me I have my doubts, I'm staggered that the powers to be are not asking for a fee for Tomlin
soldierblue1880

Postby Chris Holmes » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:28 pm

They all need to be playing regular first team football at this stage of their careers.

Pilks was a decent servant and totally professional last season and ready when Warnock called on him - good luck to him he deserves a decent move. They all need to be realistic about their wages.

Seems a waste that we only saw flashes of Tomlin and a missed opportunity, but better to be realistic and admit it hasn't worked out as everyone hoped. Expect another cheeky low bid from Forest, but they have shown they have enough money when it suits them - see who blinks first.

What can you say about Camp, other than it was a waste of time for everyone involved.
Chris Holmes

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:55 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Everyone forgets the personal issue Tomlin had. After xmas when it was sorted and he got his head down. To tore it up for forest.

not sure where this tore it up has come from...
Forest registered just 3 wins when he was there..scored 15 goals, 7 while he was on the pitch..8 when he was not..
he started 15 games, got hauled of in 12 of them ..
im sure if he was even half decent we would have had a bid off moneybags Forest , and had he actually torn up the division bids off others .
dogfound

Postby maccydee » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:If this story is true, and for me I have my doubts, I'm staggered that the powers to be are not asking for a fee for Tomlin

Free to leave doesn’t mean for free. At least I hope not.
maccydee

Postby dicey1966 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Tomlin's problem is the same to what he had at Brizzle City by all accounts.
He's not willing to relocate because of family, making long distant travel to train with squad.
dicey1966

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:25 pm

tubby1982 wrote:Pilkington had a massive influance on promotion scoring some late goals but its time to move on, Tomlin could have been a hero but has been a nobody except for that one big big goal, Camp well what can be said

You have got that Spot On :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bluesman » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:45 am

No sentiment please get rid of all 3.
Bluesman

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:38 am

Tomlin would be worth a chance given the fact he looks in shape & the way he performed for Forest particularly if NW doesn’t bring in a creative midfielder which we desperately need. He can at least pick a pass.

Time for Pilkington & Camp to have a new challenge and I would also allow Connolly & Harris to go (Sell or loan if no buyers). Time to offload fringe players. Rhys Healey is another who could go out on loan.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:56 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Tomlin would be worth a chance given the fact he looks in shape & the way he performed for Forest particularly if NW doesn’t bring in a creative midfielder which we desperately need. He can at least pick a pass.

Time for Pilkington & Camp to have a new challenge and I would also allow Connolly & Harris to go (Sell or loan if no buyers). Time to offload fringe players. Rhys Healey is another who could go out on loan.

he looks in shape if the shape you are referring too is round
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:03 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Tomlin would be worth a chance given the fact he looks in shape & the way he performed for Forest particularly if NW doesn’t bring in a creative midfielder which we desperately need. He can at least pick a pass.

Can't see Connolly going anywhere he just signed a new contract.
2blue2handle

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:If this story is true, and for me I have my doubts, I'm staggered that the powers to be are not asking for a fee for Tomlin

It’s says he’s free to leave not that he can leave for free.
Llan_Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:01 am

Tomlin looks in shape??
Which pictures have you seen because the photo posted on here showed him with a right belly on him.
Connolly has just re-signed and is what you call a squad player rather than a fringe player. He’s a decent back up as are a few others. Get rid of them and you have no squad!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:15 am

From the games played so far it's clear Pilks and Tomlin are not wanted.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat