World Cup final - a taste of next season?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:34 pm

I fear the World Cup final will be a taste of what will happen to us next season. Make no mistake, Croatia were completely cheated in the first half. A dive for the free kick for the first goal and how the referee could gift France the penalty for their second is beyond me. Would the referee have given that penalty against Brazil or Germany? Perisic had no time to readjust to move his arm out the way and these decisions decided the outcome of the game as France going ahead allowed them to hit Croatia on the break for their third and fourth goals.

We had enough points robbed from us last season and we had several points robbed from us the last time in the Premiership (Everton away in particular springs to mind). With no VAR next season to help us, I can see us being robbed with decisions for the majority of the season. The more unfashionable teams like Burnley didn't have a single penalty awarded to them last season.

It will not surprise me one bit if there is a bias when we play the big teams and the London teams next season. Throw Warnock into the mix with his continual criticism of Mike Riley and I fear we will get no favours whatsoever.

Just thought I would get this out there before the season starts so it doesn't look like I'm moaning or making excuses during the season. It's a complete miracle we are in the Premiership, so no matter how cheated we are and how frustrated we get, let's all still try to enjoy it and give our all supporting the boys!
Tonteg Bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: World Cup final - a taste of next season?

Postby Ketteringblues » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:10 pm

I have the same fears, although a few of our players (Peltier etc) do love to grab shirts at set pieces.
I can see us getting penalised harder than most.
Ketteringblues

Postby dogfound » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:57 pm

you seriously think VAR would benefit us..?

its just another level of screwing over the underdogs.thhis afternoon proved that..it was such a clear error it took 3mins plus and nobody is in agreement..
dogfound

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 am

does seem a bit like getting excuses in early really.

lets just see what happens.
paulh_85

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 am

With or without var it will be same as before nothing new in big teams appearing to get the decisions, be same for all lesser teams ffs Burnley had one pen all season I believe and that came at very end season. :o
pembroke allan

Postby davids » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:With or without var it will be same as before nothing new in big teams appearing to get the decisions, be same for all lesser teams ffs Burnley had one pen all season I believe and that came at very end season. :o

I think we only had one penalty in our favour last time we were in the Premier League?
davids

Return to General Chat