Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:49 pm

BBC definately a penalty, Itv definately not a penalty

Re: Itv or BBC

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Shearer just said never a penalty :laughing6:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Igovernor wrote:Shearer just said never a penalty :laughing6:

He's spot on, never a penalty for me. You can't give a handball for that surely when the player who missed the cross is barely half a yard in front of Perisic? Perisic had no time to readjust to get his arm out of the way.

France's first goal was a dive for the free kick and what nobody has picked up on, Pogba was offside and interfering when the free kick was taken, causing Mandzukic to jump and head it into his own net.

Yet another example of how corrupt football is getting I'm afraid as it's been decided they are going to do everything they can to stop Croatia from winning. We will receive similar treatment in the Premiership as well without VAR to help our games be fair. All for the "good of football" apparently, gifting the bigger clubs/countries key decisions to help them.

Come on Croatia!!

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Either one as long as it's not S4C

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:37 pm

BBC every time.

Be interesting to see the stats.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:01 pm

I think the ball hitting a player's hand or arm within 5 yards, unless he deliberately handles or punches the ball should not be given, especially in the box. So many opinions of these incidents are still debatable.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 pm

BBC with the sound down, the commentary on all sides is rubbish

Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:00 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Shearer just said never a penalty :laughing6:

He's spot on, never a penalty for me. You can't give a handball for that surely when the player who missed the cross is barely half a yard in front of Perisic? Perisic had no time to readjust to get his arm out of the way.

France's first goal was a dive for the free kick and what nobody has picked up on, Pogba was offside and interfering when the free kick was taken, causing Mandzukic to jump and head it into his own net.

Yet another example of how corrupt football is getting I'm afraid as it's been decided they are going to do everything they can to stop Croatia from winning. We will receive similar treatment in the Premiership as well without VAR to help our games be fair. All for the "good of football" apparently, gifting the bigger clubs/countries key decisions to help them.

Come on Croatia!!

The trouble with var is teams are using pressure on ref to revue every incident and especially with handball it brings big doubts in his mind like today and he ends up giving it accidental or not only one pen as been turned down for handball all rest been given irrespective of situation? The other thing is diving into players to gain pen or free-kick Ronaldo did it twice and greesman did it today besides others in competition! If var brought in can imagine teams finding way to manipulate things like in this world cup. :thumbup:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:09 pm

I watched the game on BBC and the half-time and full-time punditry on ITV