If just these 5 City players Leave City will save £340,000 a

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: If just these 5 City players Leave City will save £340,0

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
davids wrote:After the colossal waste of wages that were Fowler, Hasselbaink, Sinclair, Kevin Campbell and most recently Rickie Lambert, I had hoped that we were no longer the preferred choice for washed up has beens looking to top up their pensions on salaries which are way beyond what they are worth.

Lee Camp would appear to suggest otherwise.

Lee Camp was playing for Rotherham prior to coming here..was injured ..was released and came here as a back up keeper.and isnt on 15k

no idea how much he was on but was signed initially as first choice[/quote

you dont sign an injured goalkeeper to be 1st choice..or pay him less than the bloke your starting with...jeez

how do you know how much he was on in comparision to etheridge.

Camp was signed and assumed the injury wouldnt be as long as it was, he was given the number 1 shirt. of course the initial idea was that he would be our first choice keeper.

Thankfully, etheridge turned out to be great

i dont do guess valuations /wages , transfermarkt or any of that nonsense..im not itk..but this is something i do know..putting that aside though
does it make sense signing a 1st keeper thats injured..yes it was longer than first thought but was never ever only going to be a few games..and call it for what it is Camp was an average championship keeper 5 years ago and now past his best...does that mean etheridge was bought to fail...?
and when our number 1 did get fit he became number 3..????? surely a keeper signed as a first teamer recovers from injury and even if the number 2 is doing well your 2nd choice ? and he has been released and below murphy in pecking order having not played 1 single game..
but if you think Warnock doubled the wages of a Rotherham player past his best.
and now we think we can move him on at 15k a week eh oh..
dogfound

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:How are we paying Tomlin so much? Thought them days were long gone.

Lee Tomlin had it in his contract if City were promoted he had a massive pay rise.
It should of said that he had had to of played at least 20 games, we never learn.

An overreaction if I ever seen one.

?

Dando at it again :roll:

At what? Being brutally honest?

'We never learn' you say it like we are in some sort of financial mess, we took a gamble and what? We are promoted and it's 30k it's not like it's 45k on a 19 year old striker with next to none experience.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:42 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
davids wrote:After the colossal waste of wages that were Fowler, Hasselbaink, Sinclair, Kevin Campbell and most recently Rickie Lambert, I had hoped that we were no longer the preferred choice for washed up has beens looking to top up their pensions on salaries which are way beyond what they are worth.

Lee Camp would appear to suggest otherwise.

Lee Camp was playing for Rotherham prior to coming here..was injured ..was released and came here as a back up keeper.and isnt on 15k

no idea how much he was on but was signed initially as first choice[/quote

you dont sign an injured goalkeeper to be 1st choice..or pay him less than the bloke your starting with...jeez

how do you know how much he was on in comparision to etheridge.

Camp was signed and assumed the injury wouldnt be as long as it was, he was given the number 1 shirt. of course the initial idea was that he would be our first choice keeper.

Thankfully, etheridge turned out to be great

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby northernbluebird » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 pm

i'd keep bogle and loan him out this year as he will be back in the picture if we get relegated.

the rest are not good enough for premier league football, but high wages mean we will struggle to get fees for those players.
northernbluebird

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:33 am

[quote="northernbluebird"]i'd keep bogle and loan him out this year as he will be back in the picture if we get relegated.

the rest are not good enough for premier league football, but high wages mean we will struggle to get fees for those players.[/quote
Bogel did not turn up for training a few times and was nowhere to be found around the Xmas time when we had a striker shortage . Turns out the guy is trouble that is why he went out on loan and is not with fret team squad Mate of my son plays for Peterbrough and by all accounts he was the same there and that’s why he did not make any impact at
Milkybarkid

Previous

Return to General Chat