Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LATEST: RONALDO VIERA TO CARDIFF CITY?

Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:27 am

Cardiff City are set to make an offer of £8 million for Leeds United midfielder Ronaldo Vieira.
By Graham Smeaton

Sunday 15th July 2018

Leeds United to face shock raid on star player

Maybe some truth in this report that Neil Warnock is keen to sign the midfielder from his former club.

According to Alan Nixon writing in The Sun (15th July, page 59), Leeds United fans are going to wake up to Sunday news that Cardiff City are ready to make a mega-money bid for star midfielder Ronaldo Vieira.

19-year-old England Under-21 international Vieira has had a rise to heady heights over the last few seasons since making an end-of-season cameo début for Leeds United under Steve Evans in a 1-1 draw away against Preston North End.

The youngster has gone on to make 63 Sky Bet Championship appearances for United, scoring one goal and providing three assists along the way. But to know Ronaldo Vieira is to know that it is more than just the headline figures that make him the player that he is.

For a youngster he’s got an assured sense of control in the midst of what has often been something of a melting pot of a midfield at Elland Road since he made his breakthrough into the side. He’s now a season ‘veteran’, even at such a tender age, and his match-by-match performances are beginning to demonstrate that.

Such consistent, stand-out performances were soon going to start catching the eyes of admirers beyond the confines of Elland Road and that is the case. Cardiff City are said by The Sun to be ready to test Leeds United’s resolve by putting in an eye-watering £8 million bid to wrench him away from West Yorkshire.

Yesterday Nixon teased this news with the quoted retweet (see below) after a question from a Leeds United fan. To put it lightly, the news that Cardiff are said readying an £8 million plunge for Vieira is more than a “surprise” for Leeds United fans to wake up to this morning; it’s more of a deep-seated shock.

Ronaldo Vieira is viewed by many Leeds United fans as akin to one of the crown jewels of the Elland Road set-up, a rated youngster who must be kept and a team built around. To wake up to knowledge that there’s a former foe, and one managed by former Whites boss Neil Warnock, interested in snapping him up is something that will not go down well on social media today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ronaldo Vieira

Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:52 am

Good player be happy with this although we now need some premier league experience

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:00 am

There are about 7 players on this page alone that we are linked with. I thought Warnock was only after another two. Be interesting to see if any of these players are signed, or if this is all media and fan guesswork which up to now has been way off the mark.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:00 am

Not a Warnock type player. The lad’s got skill.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:18 am

buckleys brewery wrote:Not a Warnock type player. The lad’s got skill.

He was at Leeds when NW was their manager. :lol:

Re: RONALDO VIERA TO CARDIFF CITY?

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:41 am

For all those calling for Premier League experience, Ronaldo and Vieira, what more do you want ??
Although, Vieira might be a tad slower now.
In all seriousness though, could be a good signing, extra player for midfield, but not taking up one of the 25 places. Could become Cardiff's Lewis Cook.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:44 am

salopiancity wrote:

No he was not :laughing6:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:45 am

salopiancity wrote:

:laughing6: Don’t think so.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:14 am

My mates a Leeds fan and says the rumour hasn’t gone down well with their fans. He’s brilliant and deffo a prem player. So he says.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:35 am

I'd be happy with this. He caught my eye few times throughout season. And not a name your gonna forget about

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:01 am

Waiting for the "Weareleeds" multi to appear. :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:23 am

Unless they have fianancial problems or his contract is coming to an end can't see any way they will let us have him even for £7 million also are we not well stocked with wingers anyway.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:52 am

Crayfish wrote:Unless they have fianancial problems or his contract is coming to an end can't see any way they will let us have him even for £7 million also are we not well stocked with wingers anyway.

I heard he was a skilful Centre midfield player

Re: ' RONALDO VIERA TO CARDIFF CITY? '

Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:50 pm

can we have a friendly our squad v the players Nixon has linked to us ?

OGS could manage the Nixon team ... would be in his element having to rotate and giving all 74 subs game time.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Am I the only one who doesn’t think he’s any better than what we have. He was in and out of the Leeds team last season wasn’t he? From what I’ve seen, he’s all huff and puff, makes wrong decisions and lacks quality on the ball.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:14 pm

I dont think he is any better than what we have style wise.

I would rather sign Samuel Saiz if we are going for a Leeds player, attacking midfielder and the boy is quality and could definatly play at a higher level

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Viva Ronaldo!

Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Malky’s downfall was signing one for the future,we need an experienced midfielder to stay in Premiership?

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:29 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:My mates a Leeds fan and says the rumour hasn’t gone down well with their fans. He’s brilliant and deffo a prem player. So he says.

Andrew, same here with my brother-in-law who is from Leeds. He reckons the boy Viera is a class act and if Leeds were to sell, they should ensure a hefty sell-on clause in the contract!

Equally, Leeds fans are none to happy that the are even entertaining his departure but let's wait and see! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:My mates a Leeds fan and says the rumour hasn’t gone down well with their fans. He’s brilliant and deffo a prem player. So he says.

Andrew, same here with my brother-in-law who is from Leeds. He reckons the boy Viera is a class act and if Leeds were to sell, they should ensure a hefty sell-on clause in the contract!

Equally, Leeds fans are none to happy that the are even entertaining his departure but let's wait and see! :ayatollah:

Chris, I’d rather us go for this type of young and hungry rather than journeymen who want a pension.
If the worst came to the worst and we go down, we have s good squad who should hang around and hopefully get us back again.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Average ;)

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:26 pm

I’ve seen him play a few times this season and I’ve been less than impressed. I don’t know what he’d bring to the squad.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:42 pm

BlueDredd wrote:I’ve seen him play a few times this season and I’ve been less than impressed. I don’t know what he’d bring to the squad.

You can only comment on what you see mate but if Leeds fans are pleading not to sell for £8M he must have something.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Dahboy wrote:Average ;)

Don't be hard on yourself, fella! ;) :thumbright:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Sven wrote:

Chris, Dahboy hasn’t got a good word for anyone! But you probably know this already.

Reminds me of Carl Pilkington. The moaning of life. :lol:

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:37 pm

norms76 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, Dahboy hasn’t got a good word for anyone! But you probably know this already.

Reminds me of Carl Pilkington. The moaning of life. :lol:

I'm waiting for him to praise someone. When he does. He will probably end up shit

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:42 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:I’ve seen him play a few times this season and I’ve been less than impressed. I don’t know what he’d bring to the squad.

You can only comment on what you see mate but if Leeds fans are pleading not to sell for £8M he must have something.

These are Leeds fans we are talking about though. They have got used to mediocre, sub standard football over the years. They raved about Sam Byram, a defensively weak full back who hasn't handled the step up to the Premiership. They're like the English media, delusional, think they're better than they are and if any player stands out among their mediocre crop, they tout them as the next superstar.

From what I have seen of Ronaldo Vieira, he is nowhere near the standard required to improve our midfield. Just my opinion of course.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

These are Leeds fans we are talking about though. They have got used to mediocre, sub standard football over the years. They raved about Sam Byram, a defensively weak full back who hasn't handled the step up to the Premiership. They're like the English media, delusional, think they're better than they are and if any player stands out among their mediocre crop, they tout them as the next superstar.

From what I have seen of Ronaldo Vieira, he is nowhere near the standard required to improve our midfield. Just my opinion of course.

I get what you are saying. But we got to realise we use scouts. The odd game on sky compared to watching him week in and out are two different things.

I know people who say Morrison and Bamba are poor because they seen them on sky.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:56 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

I get what you are saying. But we got to realise we use scouts. The odd game on sky compared to watching him week in and out are two different things.

I know people who say Morrison and Bamba are poor because they seen them on sky.

I appreciate that and I've seen us play terribly on Sky a few times last season, so maybe I just watched some of his poorer games. I'm pretty sure he was dropped from the Leeds team last season though. I would want someone more experienced and established to be honest.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Not good enough,for that money,get arslan from besiktas,midfield boss!!