Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:59 am

I just hope that City have in their minds a quality midfielder before the end of the transfer window.

With us being linked to Phillips & another wide player what has happened to a bit of creativity in the centre of the park? Joe Ralls is a grafter but he does not open defences up regularly to create those chances. As it stands we have very little creativity in the middle of the park so if it doesn’t happen out wide with Hoilett, Murphy & NML where are the chances going to be created?

We have been linked with players like Tolgay Arslan, Oscar Lewicki, etc & I think we certainly need to be looking in this area rather than another wide man. Surely every team we meet will have the measure of us being so one dimensional knowing that the ball will go out wide. If this fails what do we fall back on?

Anyone share those concerns? Views?
User avatar
bridgendbluebird30
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:31 am

Lee Tomlin could possibly be the plan B, but from a personal point of view, I hope he is never afforded the opportunity to don the Cardiff City shirt again. People defended him by saying he wasn’t match fit, but the reality was he didn’t have a base level of fitness which is not acceptable for a professional football player. If he plays, I sincerely hope he proves me wrong as he could be a major asset.

It won’t be a popular comment, but a long ball to Gary Madine could be an option C. We aren’t going to get near most Premier League teams in terms of ability, but Madine’s strength and ability to bring others into play could see our wingers reap the benefits late on in games. Swansea tried the so called “beautiful football” and it worked with the players they had for many years. When the ability of their squad diluted, they failed to change their style of play, hence the relegation. I’m a big fan of the “hit them hard and fair” approach which suits the players we have at our disposal.

A good question posed by the OP. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:40 am

Re: Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:52 am

Have a watch of Warnock Q&A night from the other night. He talks about the amount of different formations and tactics we’re able to use with the players we’ve brought in. He thinks our versatility has been strengthened massively.
GotMeSingingTheBlues
 
Posts: 1151
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:16 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I just hope that City have in their minds a quality midfielder before the end of the transfer window.

With us being linked to Phillips & another wide player what has happened to a bit of creativity in the centre of the park? Joe Ralls is a grafter but he does not open defences up regularly to create those chances. As it stands we have very little creativity in the middle of the park so if it doesn’t happen out wide with Hoilett, Murphy & NML where are the chances going to be created?

We have been linked with players like Tolgay Arslan, Oscar Lewicki, etc & I think we certainly need to be looking in this area rather than another wide man. Surely every team we meet will have the measure of us being so one dimensional knowing that the ball will go out wide. If this fails what do we fall back on?

Anyone share those concerns? Views?


Yeah I share those concerns and always have since we’ve got promoted. I’m trusting Warnock will bring someone in either instead of Grujic or preferably as well as him.
Some posters believe we’ll just hit the wings constantly similar to last season but you’ve got to have a certain amount of ball retention or we’ll be slaughtered by the majority of teams. You’ve also got to vary it a bit and not just constantly look out wide.
I’m sure Warnock has a plan A, B & C ................... If I’m honest. :laughing6:
True Blue through & through.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 5706
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:21 am

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Have a watch of Warnock Q&A night from the other night. He talks about the amount of different formations and tactics we’re able to use with the players we’ve brought in. He thinks our versatility has been strengthened massively.


I was there but I still can’t see the players City brought in fitting different formations. Can see Reid playing just behind/off Zohore, Murphy out wide, Cunningham on the left of a back 3 and obviously Smithies. Can’t see anyone who is going to generate chances from central midfield. As mentioned in another post looks like either out wide or a Plan C just to hoof the ball upfield to Madine. Just seem to be lacking a bit of creativity in Centre midfield at the moment.
User avatar
bridgendbluebird30
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby Carlossus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 am

Share your concern, I trust Warnock Im sure he knows far better than me but I cant get my head around this missing link, I was hoping Snodgrass would fit in but its gone all quiet on him. Top six or seven sides we have to play the Warnock way but I dont want us to get found out against mediocre sides. As I said I trust Warnock Im sure hes got it sussed and whatever happens Im going to enjoy the ride.
Carlossus
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 am

Re: Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Going on the number of times we scored late to either win or draw last season it would seem we either have a Plan B or part of Plan A kicks in during the last 10 minutes ;) :occasion5:
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 12602
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

Re: Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby Carlossus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:35 pm

Carlossus wrote:Share your concern, I trust Warnock Im sure he knows far better than me but I cant get my head around this missing link, I was hoping Snodgrass would fit in but its gone all quiet on him. Top six or seven sides we have to play the Warnock way but I dont want us to get found out against mediocre sides. As I said I trust Warnock Im sure hes got it sussed and whatever happens Im going to enjoy the ride.

Forgot about Tomlin, a fully fit Tomlin would bring something else to the party.
Carlossus
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 am

Re: Are We Going To Have a Plan B?

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Going on the number of times we scored late to either win or draw last season it would seem we either have a Plan B or part of Plan A kicks in during the last 10 minutes ;) :occasion5:


May work in the Championship but the Premiership is a totally different challenge.
User avatar
bridgendbluebird30
 
Posts: 3025
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 3:56 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bluebird For Life, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], newblue57, nubbsy and 132 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.