OT - Anyone Play HQ Game?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:08 pm

It's a quiz with a live host who asks 12 questions and anyone left in at the end shares £1,000. It has been £6,000 that was won by only 6 people.

I'm only asking as my daughter put me onto it as she got an extra life by me entering her username.

However, where's the cash from? There doesn't seem to be any advertising and you do give over your phone number. Sort of suspicious now.
Wayne S

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OT - Anyone Play HQ Game?

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:10 pm

I’ve played a different but similar one called cashshow. Bit of fun but the questions are usually nonsense
paulh_85

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:15 pm

I suppose it's a bit late to be suspicious now as I've played the bloody thing.

You're right Paul the questions are nonsense but I assume it is to stop googling the answers.
Wayne S

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:17 pm

Wayne S wrote:I suppose it's a bit late to be suspicious now as I've played the bloody thing.

You're right Paul the questions are nonsense but I assume it is to stop googling the answers.

Yeah I guess. Downloaded it with a few mates and it was hilarious really, alsocan only cash out min £10 which isn’t easy to get too
paulh_85

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Wayne S wrote:It's a quiz with a live host who asks 12 questions and anyone left in at the end shares £1,000. It has been £6,000 that was won by only 6 people.

I'm only asking as my daughter put me onto it as she got an extra life by me entering her username.

However, where's the cash from? There doesn't seem to be any advertising and you do give over your phone number. Sort of suspicious now.

Owned by the same people who ran the social media ‘Vine’. Apparently funded by a group of billionaires who see its potential and building a playerbase before introducing ads or sponsored games/questions
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:47 pm

BluebirdWhitchurch wrote:
Wayne S wrote:It's a quiz with a live host who asks 12 questions and anyone left in at the end shares £1,000. It has been £6,000 that was won by only 6 people.

Owned by the same people who ran the social media ‘Vine’. Apparently funded by a group of billionaires who see its potential and building a playerbase before introducing ads or sponsored games/questions

I suppose if you go to advertisers and say you have a base of a few hundred thousand people, I can see how it might work.

As long as they don't just sell all the numbers.
Wayne S

Postby ae15 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:56 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:I suppose it's a bit late to be suspicious now as I've played the bloody thing.

Yeah I guess. Downloaded it with a few mates and it was hilarious really, alsocan only cash out min £10 which isn’t easy to get too

Played both but rarely do Cash Show now, the presenters are awful and the questions nonsensical or just incorrect most of the time!
ae15

Postby joeywills98 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:06 pm

I played it for about 2 weeks but lost interest because I don’t win anything at all.
joeywills98

Return to General Chat