Virgin Media Package negotiation Help

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby iaveadream22 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi Lads , looking to renew my Virgin media and negotiate a decent package as mine is due to expire this week and I’m able to give notice .i am looking at basic tv medium and internet speed 100 . And I’m aware they push the phone line and can be more expensive without even though we don’t use . Can you indicate what virgin package you have and expected cost . Those if you with sky sports would be interested also to know monthly cost . And price without , Appreciate any help and advice in negotiations !!! Thanks a lot
iaveadream22

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Virgin Media Package negotiation Help

Postby GARY CCFC » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm

I work for virgin media in sales and you can get that as a new customer offer for £29 a month. 100mb and freeview with phoneline included. Don’t take less than that. Worst case you can sign up as new with me but £20 activation charge
Gary 07855445530
GARY CCFC

Postby darran1927 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:06 pm

I need to lower my package I've got phone line broadband and med TV (TiVo) but paying £80 a month thinking of switching elsewhere as this doesn't include sports or movies and I got a baby on the way
darran1927

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:17 pm

GARY CCFC wrote:I work for virgin media in sales and you can get that as a new customer offer for £29 a month. 100mb and freeview with phoneline included. Don’t take less than that. Worst case you can sign up as new with me but £20 activation charge
Gary 07855445530

If only this thread was up the other day, I’ve just upgraded to the VIP package for £83 a month for the first 6 months, then £99 for the remainder. Is that a good deal? I was paying £47.99 for Vivid 100 with talk anytime so I thought it was a good deal actually. Sky wouldn’t give me a decent offer and it saved the hassle of having to switch.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:37 pm

GARY CCFC wrote:I work for virgin media in sales and you can get that as a new customer offer for £29 a month. 100mb and freeview with phoneline included. Don’t take less than that. Worst case you can sign up as new with me but £20 activation charge
Gary 07855445530

I pay 53 for 200mb, mid TV with kid channels nothing fancy. Out of contract now. Give me 10 a month loyalty discount. Any better deals about? Tried the other day without threatening to leave they told me it can't be beaten. I'm unsure as I reckon my deal is about 45 new customer.
jimmy_rat

Postby iaveadream22 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:06 pm

HI Lads, Would welcome peoples comments and information and advice dealing with Virgin Media.

Just rang them to give 1 months notice and they offered me Internet 100 speed and Medium TV recordable and Telephone line , weekend calls only and also Sky sports for monthly £59 . whats peoples thoughts. have not accepted yet but have kept offer on the system for 4 weeks of my notice which I gave them to leave.
Is this OK deal. ? any one else with virgin packages and can offer me any advice please comment .
Cheers. Bluebirds
iaveadream22

Postby iaveadream22 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Gary 07855445530

HI Gary I Have sent you private message,
iaveadream22

Postby goats » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 pm

Was with virgin for 15 years or more paying them 70-80 a month, never had sky sports or movies, as movies are shite I download any I want and never been too much into the premier league. Mainly stayed for the fast bb, never used the phone ever, didn’t even have one most of the time. Anyway, just switched to sky q, about £53 a month for 18 months. Then they say you can now renew to get the best deal again as an existing customer. Like the idea I can have an extra box in a room, don’t need cables running in etc. The bb is just as good, maybe better as the q boxes boost the signal along with a booster around the house. Never drops out, used to a lot with virgin.
Had issues with virgin on disconnection too, gave a months notice, no boxes came to send stuff back to them after a month. Could never get through on phone when I entered my old acc num said it was invalid. 2 months later they tell me my account is to be suspended as dd didn’t go through. Finally get hold of them, lucky I kept my original disconnection email, as they appeared to have misled it saying I owed them 180 even though I disconnected all there stuff 6 weeks ago. They sorted it in the end but could have ended up with credit issues if I hadn’t tried calling them fir the 10 th time or so.....
Not bothered about sky sports as have a sky go acc from someone to watch if I want.
goats

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:08 am

goats wrote:Was with virgin for 15 years or more paying them 70-80 a month, never had sky sports or movies, as movies are shite I download any I want and never been too much into the premier league. Mainly stayed for the fast bb, never used the phone ever, didn’t even have one most of the time. Anyway, just switched to sky q, about £53 a month for 18 months. Then they say you can now renew to get the best deal again as an existing customer. Like the idea I can have an extra box in a room, don’t need cables running in etc. The bb is just as good, maybe better as the q boxes boost the signal along with a booster around the house. Never drops out, used to a lot with virgin.
Had issues with virgin on disconnection too, gave a months notice, no boxes came to send stuff back to them after a month. Could never get through on phone when I entered my old acc num said it was invalid. 2 months later they tell me my account is to be suspended as dd didn’t go through. Finally get hold of them, lucky I kept my original disconnection email, as they appeared to have misled it saying I owed them 180 even though I disconnected all there stuff 6 weeks ago. They sorted it in the end but could have ended up with credit issues if I hadn’t tried calling them fir the 10 th time or so.....
Not bothered about sky sports as have a sky go acc from someone to watch if I want.

So you are bothered about sky sports if you have acces to it surely??
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby goats » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 pm

No, had sky go for last 4 years, prob watched 5 games on it. The only good thing about virgin was getting bt sport for free champions league, even that is barely worth watching until the knock out stage. Loads of people I know are ditching sky and virgin and going for netflicks, Amazon prime etc...
goats

Postby iaveadream22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:34 pm

What are you paying for sky sports , internet and phone ?
iaveadream22

Postby darran1927 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:00 pm

I cancelled TV yesterday as they are getting rid of UK gold and Dave
darran1927

Return to General Chat