Club shop cock up

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Club shop cock up

Postby dorsetblue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Guys I'm not living in Cardiff and ordered a new shirt for daughter. Club have sent wrong size. I've tried calling them today but constantly engaged and I'm not sure I should have to call a premium rate number to resolve. I used the online contact section of the website but not had the courtesy of a reply. I don't want to have to pay to return either. Any suggestions?
dorsetblue

Club shop cock up

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Club shop cock up

Postby Savigma » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Be patient and wait to call them tomorrow / a more convenient time, Club have a friendly today don’t they so they’re probably not answering
Savigma

Postby Leon1927 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:56 pm

A couple of the girls from the shop are playing in defence. Should make no difference if there’s a game. It’s not the ticket office. It’s a premier league club shop. Should be able to contact them.
Leon1927

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Leon1927 wrote:A couple of the girls from the shop are playing in defence. Should make no difference if there’s a game. It’s not the ticket office. It’s a premier league club shop. Should be able to contact them.

Correct.. we are getting so much right off the pitch, but unfortunately still not everything it would seem

Nobody answering the phone is piss poor
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby stickywicket » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:36 pm

02920643600 is the club landline
stickywicket

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Leon1927 wrote:A couple of the girls from the shop are playing in defence. Should make no difference if there’s a game. It’s not the ticket office. It’s a premier league club shop. Should be able to contact them.

Have to agree, Cardiff playing in a local friendly has no bearing on the club shop.
WelshPatriot

Postby Mr Potato » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Well the friendly might have an impact as people might being trying to shop in the club shop to wear a top to the game?? Plus the away kit launch is tomorrow so apply a little patience and I am sure it will all be resolved probably tomorrow.

There is and has been a bit going on I am sure they will sort it and help you
Mr Potato

Postby Leon1927 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:40 pm

Why would people go to the club shop today if the launch is tomorrow? Are you sure you don’t work in the club shop? Piss poor if you ask me. Should have more staff with them being in the prem
Leon1927

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:41 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Well the friendly might have an impact as people might being trying to shop in the club shop to wear a top to the game?? Plus the away kit launch is tomorrow so apply a little patience and I am sure it will all be resolved probably tomorrow.

Are you serious?

We are constantly told it's not a Club, we are not fans, its a business and we are customers.

The fella has payed at least £40 for a product and the Club/Business has sent him the wrong product, he's tried calling them on numerous occasions (on a premium rate number) and they are constantly engaged, he's sent them a message and they have not replied.

I reckon he has been patient enough, we all love the Club but sometimes they take the piss and deserve criticism.

Unless he seriously badgers them now, I doubt they would even care or ever respond to his message which is just wrong, it happened to me before, under a different leadership admittedly, we had a game called off at Ninian Park, I can't remember
who it was against, must have been around 2008, Peter Ridsdale was the Chairman, I had forked out a fair whack on tickets for me and mates and was having the money on the day, as it was cancelled they obviously didn't pay me and I expected a fast refund on my tickets from the Club, it went on and on and on to the point I threatened them with trading standards and Peter Ridsdale rang me himself full of apologies and the money was in my account by the lunch time, the ticket office back then were a f*cking joke to be honest.
RV Casual

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:06 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Well the friendly might have an impact as people might being trying to shop in the club shop to wear a top to the game?? Plus the away kit launch is tomorrow so apply a little patience and I am sure it will all be resolved probably tomorrow.

Are you serious?

We are constantly told it's not a Club, we are not fans, its a business and we are customers.

The fella has payed at least £40 for a product and the Club/Business has sent him the wrong product, he's tried calling them on numerous occasions (on a premium rate number) and they are constantly engaged, he's sent them a message and they have not replied.

I reckon he has been patient enough, we all love the Club but sometimes they take the piss and deserve criticism.

Unless he seriously badgers them now, I doubt they would even care or ever respond to his message which is just wrong, it happened to me before, under a different leadership admittedly, we had a game called off at Ninian Park, I can't remember
who it was against, must have been around 2008, Peter Ridsdale was the Chairman, I had forked out a fair whack on tickets for me and mates and was having the money on the day, as it was cancelled they obviously didn't pay me and I expected a fast refund on my tickets from the Club, it went on and on and on to the point I threatened them with trading standards and Peter Ridsdale rang me himself full of apologies and the money was in my account by the lunch time, the ticket office back then were a f*cking joke to be honest.

I don't feel we are constantly told we are customers and this is a business, it certainly has been said before some years ago but I don't think it's constant and I think the club are trying to move away from such terms.

I agree about Ridsdale though, a joke I remember when I think it was Blackpool away was cancelled I think due to FA Cup they said they would refund any fans who had lost out. I'm pretty sure a few of the big name fans were refunded and in the echo and I think Annis said on here he was refunded but my group of 5 never got a penny despite all receipts being sent to the club recorded delivery as requested and signed for by the club.
2blue2handle

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious?

I don't feel we are constantly told we are customers and this is a business, it certainly has been said before some years ago but I don't think it's constant and I think the club are trying to move away from such terms.

I agree about Ridsdale though, a joke I remember when I think it was Blackpool away was cancelled I think due to FA Cup they said they would refund any fans who had lost out. I'm pretty sure a few of the big name fans were refunded and in the echo and I think Annis said on here he was refunded but my group of 5 never got a penny despite all receipts being sent to the club recorded delivery as requested and signed for by the club.

Your probably right mate, my 'constantly told' remark was probably a bit dramatic but it just does my head in that people will lob that one in from time to time when it suits their agenda so I like to give it back a bit when it suits.

The Club has come on a long way, I had to threaten them to get my money back, it was like £134, I couldn't afford to lose it. They kept telling me they would do it, it had been done etc, went on for about a month and a half till I snapped :lol:
RV Casual

Postby Savigma » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:50 pm

Actually, I will agree the ticket office is an absolute joke when you call them. You are in a queue from anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour and sometimes even longer. Then when they answer you hear the ticket office and you say hello a few times, and they just hang up. 100% sometimes when this happens they are just wasting time and probably finish their shift at particular time say 4pm, and you call up at like 10 to or 5 to, and they don't want to stay late.

It's horrendous, seriously. My question is why doesn't anybody mention this sort of shit to Neil Warnock in these Q&A sessions we have with him quite alot now? Seriously, it's all well and good being positive with him and telling him your advice about what team he should pick, but he's said time and time again he is responsible for the club outside of the players. So why not give him some more real problems because I'm sure if he knew the scale of the mess the ticket office is when you call them he would realise alot of money is being lost.

Guaranteed if he knew about it he make sure it gets sorted out..
Savigma

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Savigma wrote:Actually, I will agree the ticket office is an absolute joke when you call them. You are in a queue from anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour and sometimes even longer. Then when they answer you hear the ticket office and you say hello a few times, and they just hang up. 100% sometimes when this happens they are just wasting time and probably finish their shift at particular time say 4pm, and you call up at like 10 to or 5 to, and they don't want to stay late.

It's horrendous, seriously. My question is why doesn't anybody mention this sort of shit to Neil Warnock in these Q&A sessions we have with him quite alot now? Seriously, it's all well and good being positive with him and telling him your advice about what team he should pick, but he's said time and time again he is responsible for the club outside of the players. So why not give him some more real problems because I'm sure if he knew the scale of the mess the ticket office is when you call them he would realise alot of money is being lost.

Guaranteed if he knew about it he make sure it gets sorted out..

In the grand scheme of things it is piss poor mate, the money that Club racks in they should have a dedicated contact centre dealing with every call that comes into that Club, not 4-5 people in a room, to be fair to those guys they are pissing in the wind, in any other walk of life/business it would be all hands to the pump, you would have multi skiling blah blah blah but for whatever reason Customer Service has always been piss poor down the City.

A few years ago I went to watch Man Utd in the Champions League on a free with some mates, we got caught in traffic around Birmingham and Stoke and ended up getting to Old Trafford at Half Time, not only did the Steward welcome us with open arms, when we told him the story, he said, wait by there a second, came back with a programme for us and a £5 food and drink voucher for each of us and sincerely said gutted for you, enjoy the second half and have a safe trip back.

He gave us what £35 back in the food/drink vouchers and programmes but they had £200+ in the ticket money so they were still well up but that little gesture of good will and kindness I will never forget.

I can't imagine that happening down the City, you would probably have some miserable fucker grunting at you and refusing to let you in.
RV Casual

Postby Mr Potato » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:28 am

RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious?

He tried calling them today, day before a kit launch. And when you went to Man Utd they were still one of the biggest clubs in the world. We are Worlds apart, we don’t need a dedicated call centre, so yes apply a bit of patience, had he said I been trying all week fair enough, he tried today!!
Mr Potato

Postby RV Casual » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:39 am

Mr Potato wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious?

He tried calling them today, day before a kit launch. And when you went to Man Utd they were still one of the biggest clubs in the world. We are Worlds apart, we don’t need a dedicated call centre, so yes apply a bit of patience, had he said I been trying all week fair enough, he tried today!!

We all see things differently fella, not going to argue about it, have to agree to disagree on this one I think :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby Igovernor » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:01 am

Can someone please tell me what the premium number is? I always thought it was a 0845 number which is a local call rate, and if you are with bt or most other companies the calls to 0845 are free evening and weekend, and with some companies calls are free anytime to the 0845 number!
Igovernor

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:06 am

This thread was about the club shop not the ticket office
However my experience recently with ticket office is much different
I've had no trouble when ringing on numerous times this week for info and buying tickets for next week's friendlies the ticket office are also dealing with Wales games at present just my opinion but they do a hard job rather well
're the shop it's thier busiest time of the season so a bit of slack might be reasonably expected
Not sure if it would not be better and quicker to take the shirt back and collect the replacement at the same time
Just my thoughts on this thread
troobloo3339

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:20 am

troobloo3339 wrote:This thread was about the club shop not the ticket office
I've had no trouble when ringing on numerous times this week for info and buying tickets for next week's friendlies the ticket office are also dealing with Wales games at present just my opinion but they do a hard job rather well
're the shop it's thier busiest time of the season so a bit of slack might be reasonably expected
Not sure if it would not be better and quicker to take the shirt back and collect the replacement at the same time

Sensible thread as that’s my general experiences as well but you obviously didn’t read the OP as the guy is unable to return it personally as he lives away - Dorset by the looks of it!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dorsetblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Sensible thread as that’s my general experiences as well but you obviously didn’t read the OP as the guy is unable to return it personally as he lives away - Dorset by the looks of it!

Correct mate, deepest darkest Dorset and Igovernor in answer to your post, the club shop costs 13p a minute to call.
dorsetblue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:33 am

dorsetblue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Correct mate, deepest darkest Dorset and Igovernor in answer to your post, the club shop costs 13p a minute to call.

Mate, use this number - 029 2064 3600
Bear in mind the away kit is being launched today so patience is the key. Next week may be better.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Llan_Blue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:49 am

RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious?

You completely made that first part up it’s absolute nonsense.

The club has never ever said we are not fans we are customers.
Llan_Blue

Postby iaveadream22 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Sadly CCFC are not effective when it comes to communication as I had s problem with my season ticket and waisted £15 on the premium line and still no answer and then sent 2 comprehensive emails and no surprise No reply either and no acknowledgement, not ideal approach to customer care !!!!
iaveadream22

Postby RV Casual » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Are you serious?

You completely made that first part up it’s absolute nonsense.

The club has never ever said we are not fans we are customers.

The only person 'making things up' is you fella.

I never said the Club said we are customers not fans did I :roll:
RV Casual

Postby KWest » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:41 pm

iaveadream22 wrote:Sadly CCFC are not effective when it comes to communication as I had s problem with my season ticket and waisted £15 on the premium line and still no answer and then sent 2 comprehensive emails and no surprise No reply either and no acknowledgement, not ideal approach to customer care !!!!

I’ve honestly never had a single problem with getting a response from the club when I email them. In fact, they’ve always replied swiftly and been very helpful.
KWest

Return to General Chat