"Southgate"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Southgate"

Postby montyblue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 am

I suppose g southgate gets a knighthood now perhaps chris coalman should get a belated one southgate can now take his dvd of wales "don't take me home" film back to the library after watching the film over and over and taking everything from it a carbon copy of what wales did in the euros and after having it rammed down our throats every time you switched the tv on, opened a paper etc for the last month it now goes the other way and learning how to loose gracefully is a fine art something all england fans need to learn instead of having a go at wales fans england never got behind us in the euros the coverage we got in comparison was abysmal, and would the whole of the media get behind say, scotland if they ever got this far in a tournament saying we are british etc and that england should all get behind the Scots it would never happen the media had a chance when wales beat slovakia russia ireland and a belgium 1st team ranked 2nd in the world at the time in the euros and the coverage started on the day of the game and ended on the same day so i say to england fans stop having a go at wales fans and learn to take it on the chin and i can't understand why england wanted wales to support them its not our country britain is a group of 4 countries in there own right. And if i remember at the end of wales bow out of the semi final on the night gary lineaker had to say that it was one of the greatest sporting achievements in british history and wales its gone to.
montyblue

"Southgate"

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: "Southgate"

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:36 am

to me the question isnt why SHOULD we support England.
but why the need to be so opposed to England...
dogfound

Postby Bay Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 am

An uninspiring, boring guy, who will never lead England to tournament success (thank god).

Let’s face it England were bang average, lost to a Belgium second string, scrapped through on penalty’s against a poor Colombia, and failed miserably against a beatable Croatian side. I’d sack him not give him a knighthood.
Our very own NW would have got England to the final and would’ve inspired those players to beat France.
Bay Blue

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:54 am

Bay Blue wrote:An uninspiring, boring guy, who will never lead England to tournament success (thank god).

Let’s face it England were bang average, lost to a Belgium second string, scrapped through on penalty’s against a poor Colombia, and failed miserably against a beatable Croatian side. I’d sack him not give him a knighthood.
Our very own NW would have got England to the final and would’ve inspired those players to beat France.

I said similar to my English colleagues, told them take off their England glasses for a second and look at the games they played, anytime they played a team of any kind of merit they struggled or lost.
WelshPatriot

Postby Bay Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:02 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:An uninspiring, boring guy, who will never lead England to tournament success (thank god).

I said similar to my English colleagues, told them take off their England glasses for a second and look at the games they played, anytime they played a team of any kind of merit they struggled or lost.

Absolutely mate :ayatollah:
Bay Blue

Postby palerider » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:08 am

I support my national team but remain unimpressed with a manager who is totally unable to adapt tactics during a game and a team of very limited ability, despite poor performances players were picked game after game I wouldn't want young in cardiff's starting 11.
palerider

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:45 am

palerider wrote:I support my national team but remain unimpressed with a manager who is totally unable to adapt tactics during a game and a team of very limited ability, despite poor performances players were picked game after game I wouldn't want young in cardiff's starting 11.

Croatia's 3 up front bamboozled him he had no plan with how to deal with them.
WelshPatriot

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:12 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
palerider wrote:I support my national team but remain unimpressed with a manager who is totally unable to adapt tactics during a game and a team of very limited ability, despite poor performances players were picked game after game I wouldn't want young in cardiff's starting 11.

Croatia's 3 up front bamboozled him he had no plan with how to deal with them.

parks football manager...by the time he actually saw the problem { or maybe someone told him } his team were out on their feet..
maybe they would still have lost but they had some sort of a chance to progress scuppered by waistcoatman
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Very average manager
2blue2handle

Postby montyblue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:27 pm

DOGFOUND you said in reply to my opening post why the need to be against england perhaps you should read my post again and read it slowly and also read between the lines especially about been gracious in defeat you seem to bite every time anybody comments about england and spring to there defence take it on the chin.
montyblue

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:46 pm

montyblue wrote:DOGFOUND you said in reply to my opening post why the need to be against england perhaps you should read my post again and read it slowly and also read between the lines especially about been gracious in defeat you seem to bite every time anybody comments about england and spring to there defence take it on the chin.

its the constant anti England thing..it doesnt make you more Welsh.
and no im not going to take it on the chin...i feel as Welsh as its possible to be without buying a sheep farm in anglesey, dressing my wife in welsh costums, joining the FWA or in fact being paranoid about England....your assumption seems to be Welsh = hate everything English ..i dont
dogfound

Postby montyblue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:56 pm

DOGFOUND i rest my case.
montyblue

Postby BarmyArmy123 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:29 pm

dogfound wrote:
montyblue wrote:DOGFOUND you said in reply to my opening post why the need to be against england perhaps you should read my post again and read it slowly and also read between the lines especially about been gracious in defeat you seem to bite every time anybody comments about england and spring to there defence take it on the chin.

and no im not going to take it on the chin...i feel as Welsh as its possible to be without buying a sheep farm in anglesey, dressing my wife in welsh costums, joining the FWA or in fact being paranoid about England....your assumption seems to be Welsh = hate everything English ..i dont

It’s the FAW not FWA :thumbup:
BarmyArmy123

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:50 pm

dogfound wrote:parks football manager...by the time he actually saw the problem { or maybe someone told him } his team were out on their feet..
maybe they would still have lost but they had some sort of a chance to progress scuppered by waistcoatman

Totally right :thumbup: I was listening to Adrian Durham on TalkSport the other day and he kept saying 'we should trust Gareth Southgate'

So I did and England are out :occasion5: :ayatollah:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:31 pm

BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

free wales army mate...fwa
dogfound

Postby BarmyArmy123 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:25 pm

dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

What’s that, never heard of it before. Don’t Mind being wrong though :thumbup: :ayatollah:
BarmyArmy123

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 pm

dogfound wrote:to me the question isnt why SHOULD we support England.

Because they naturally assume that we SHOULD support them. Which is a perfect example of their pure arrogance. It's like Spain saying Portugal should support them.

Over rated manager, they played two decent teams in the tournament and lost twice.
nubbsy

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:56 pm

BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

What’s that, never heard of it before. Don’t Mind being wrong though :thumbup: :ayatollah:

You have never heard of the FWA?

You must have seen the white eagle flag at Wales home games, most certainly away, mainly by the North Wales Lads.

Cymru Rydd, Yma O Hyd.

They used to play this at Ninian Park at one time, very powerful song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjFHqMxLGjg
RV Casual

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:35 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

They didn't play particularly well did they?

City would have thumped Panama.

Regardless of where they got to in the WC I was expecting more from their attacking players, I thought attacking wise they were very poor.

However, still and young squad with some potential at international level.
AfricanBluebird

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:02 pm

BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Wales_Army..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:to me the question isnt why SHOULD we support England.

Because they naturally assume that we SHOULD support them. Which is a perfect example of their pure arrogance. It's like Spain saying Portugal should support them.

Over rated manager, they played two decent teams in the tournament and lost twice.

who assumes we should support them.?
nobody has ever said that to me..
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 pm

RV Casual wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

You must have seen the white eagle flag at Wales home games, most certainly away, mainly by the North Wales Lads.

Cymru Rydd, Yma O Hyd.

Probably to young to know about them! :o
pembroke allan

Postby RV Casual » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Cymru Rydd, Yma O Hyd.

I don't think age comes into it mate, if you have any passion for Wales you would surely know the history of our country etc.

I'm to young to remember the FWA but as a Welshman who has looked into the history of our country etc you get to know whats what.

Fe gowdwn ni eto and all that
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:27 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Cymru Rydd, Yma O Hyd.

I don't think age comes into it mate, if you have any passion for Wales you would surely know the history of our country etc.

I'm to young to remember the FWA but as a Welshman who has looked into the history of our country etc you get to know whats what.

still exists mate.....
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:29 pm

RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Cymru Rydd, Yma O Hyd.

still exists mate.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URLvYjdIGGg
not big numbers but it never was...the cilmeri march is every year along with a few others
dogfound

Postby RV Casual » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Cymru Rydd, Yma O Hyd.

not big numbers but it never was...the cilmeri march is every year along with a few others

:thumbup:

I never knew that, was that Bananas with the bucket ;)
RV Casual

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Cymru Rydd, Yma O Hyd.

:thumbup:

I never knew that, was that Bananas with the bucket ;)

nah..think he is on the drum ,likes banging on about nationalism..
recognise a couple of our fans in there though
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:52 pm

they been doing this one yearly too..

.https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=10 ... &FORM=VIRE

its not just FWA its other nationalist groups too..but plenty of FWA flags berrets and arm bands on show..
went to cilmeri once to see what it was all about..not my scene..but im sure a couple on here would love it..
dogfound

Postby BarmyArmy123 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BarmyArmy123 wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Cymru Rydd, Yma O Hyd.

I am old enough and know loads of our history, yet I have never come across the FWA? Odd.
BarmyArmy123

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:04 pm

People speak about the level of opposition but you can only beat what it's front of you.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat