Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marko Grujic heading to the USA

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:15 am

Marko Grujic heading to the USA

Interesting news this morning as Liverpool have confirmed Marko Grujic is heading to the USA for the Reds’ pre-season tour.

Liverpool will face Manchester United, Man City and Borussia Dortmund across the Atlantic.

And despite the Bluebirds’ pursuit of the Serbia international, Liverpool have confirmed Grujic will travel with the Jurgen Klopp’s side to America.

Both clubs met and discussed a loan deal, but my personal opinion its now about how much Cardiff were prepared to pay regarding Grujic wages, rem last time we had him free, Cardiff is where Grujic wants to come and City are still favourites, they just need to up their offer regarding Grujic wages.

Re: Marko Grujic heading to the USA

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:17 am

Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool's World Cup stars, including Marko Grujic

“That’s the start for them,” the manager confirmed to Liverpoolfc.com when asked whether Salah, Mane and Grujic are going to be part of his squad in America.
“They had their holiday and then they’ll come with us to the USA. They only had three weeks’ holiday so it means they didn’t lose too much.
“We have to see how they present and then we’ll see if they can play in the games. They will be there. And then the last group [of World Cup players] comes much later.”

Jurgen Klopp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 am

To be fair he's talking about the three of them as a collective. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants a look at him before sending him out on loan again. He's not seen him since December. Could decide to keep him, but I think he won't.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:03 am

Annis still not convinced we are in for him.

Warnock didn't seem to trust him at the end of last season. I believe we need a leader more experienced player, we have to improve on what we had last year.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 am

Llantwit Blues wrote:Annis still not convinced we are in for him.

Warnock didn't seem to trust him at the end of last season. I believe we need a leader more experienced player, we have to improve on what we had last year.

I'm sure its been confirmed by Klop & Warnock that this is likely to happen...

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:30 am

I still think he'll come on a season loan, but it's not the end of the world for him not to be at Cardiff for pre season.
He knows most of the first team squad from being here last season, and he knows the system that NW plays, so going over to the States will possibly benefit him more than a tour of Devon & Cornwall.
It's a real shame he's gonna miss out on the pasties and scones though, maybe Lee Tomlin will eat them for him instead.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am

Not too sure how I feel about this....

On the one hand it would be a great signing for us as Grujic knows the club, he knows the players and he knows how NW likes to play. Wouldn't take long to get back into the groove.

On the other hand should we not be prioritising signing a creative midfielder?

If at the end of the day it all boils down to wages then i can't help but question on how serious we are staying up? For me I would of signed him as soon as he returned from the World Cup. IMO he has to play ahead of Gunnerson.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:13 am

Until he is loaned then he is Liverpool’s player but I wonder if we are looking to bring him in 1st August thus avoid paying this month’s wages ?

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am

Nothing to do with wages I think it's klopp wants a closer look at his progress before he goes on loan...

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:28 am

billy ronson wrote:Until he is loaned then he is Liverpool’s player but I wonder if we are looking to bring him in 1st August thus avoid paying this month’s wages ?

You could be right

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 am

It's possible that we could start the season with a midfield consisting of Gunnerson Ralls and Patterson which would be a disaster,I hope it's only a possibility not a probability

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Do you really think he going to get much game time with Liverpool?

Fabinho, Keita, Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner ahead of him. Throw in Lallana and the OX as well and you can see there will be issues with game time for Marko.

At this stage of his career he needs to get game time to reach his potential.

Don't you think he better off going out on loan whether its us or someone else.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm

At the start of pre season this seems a very strange move imo he is either coming or not and if klopp decides they are going to play him this season and keep him in there sqaud surely this has been talked about and sorted by now so if it is true he' s away to the usa with them we need to move a bit quicker sorting midfield out because it does'nt sound right .confused.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:29 pm

In my opinion he will not be going to the USA, the other two will. How much wages do you think Marko is on, I reckon it is not that high, so wages is not an issue here :thumbup:

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:02 am

Igovernor wrote:In my opinion he will not be going to the USA, the other two will. How much wages do you think Marko is on, I reckon it is not that high, so wages is not an issue here :thumbup:

The hold up could be guarantees about playing time ?

Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:05 am

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:In my opinion he will not be going to the USA, the other two will. How much wages do you think Marko is on, I reckon it is not that high, so wages is not an issue here :thumbup:

The hold up could be guarantees about playing time ?

I reckon it’s that type of thing too

Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:40 pm

In time Grujic might turn out to be a top player with more games.

Wish we could have Milner instead on a season loan his experience is what we need now.
Last time in Premier we didnt sign enough players with Premier league experience that why we didnt stay up, was hoping this time we would sign 3/4 with a good chance of surving first season back then add better players in future. :bluebird: