“ O/T Trump says Brexit plan would kill US trade deal “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ O/T Trump says Brexit plan would kill US trade deal “

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:32 am

WelshBluebird wrote:In terms of Trump, of course he is going to be saying these things.

He doesn't want us to get a good deal out of Brexit. He wants us to crash out, with our economy totally up the creek without a paddle, so we then go begging to the US for any trade deal, that of course Trump would be happy to sign with terms of are massively in the US's favour.

"The art of the deal" - he is on the record saying one strategy is to manipulate, destroy and wait for things to crash and pick up the piece for 'nothing', exactly how he is behaving.
AfricanBluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:52 am

ElyBlue85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Say what you like about trump, but if he was in charge here brexit wouldn’t be the clusterfuck it currently is

As an expat living in the US I beg to differ. His Presidency has caused chaos, division and stoked outright racism. The way he operates and makes changes here are rammed through with no thought to process or consequences. You only need to look no further than the separation of immigrant families with no documentation to keep track of where parents and children are.

So while I agree Brexit has been a clusterfuck, it would be no better under him.

I work part time for a child protection organisation based in the US who work in the US.

While I understand why some people like Trumps bravado and outspokenness the administration is absolutely clueless and implicit in damaging and hurting children and children services. Here are just a few things from my child-focussed perspective that the administration is doing so very very wrong:

Separated children - Separating children from their parents is not only wrong but the administration has no case management or social work to ensure children are protected, monitored or receive services that they need - they limited systems to even identify where they are or who their parents are - this is a child protection disaster

Taking money from HIV programmes to fund separation of children - HIV services for American men, women and children is being plundered to fund seperating children putting the health of many at risk. What an abomination. Let's not forget that Mike Pence is a religious extremist who has held a long term view that HIV programmes should be reduced and money redirected to 'sexual reorientation' of gay people (a process with a history of increasing suicides and depression among gay people).

However, Trump is a complete distraction to what is really going on. The Koch brothers have a long term objective of moving the States to a right-wing agenda which benefits the conservative elite.

it is a child protection disaster....but not caused by Trump...
if you illegally enter another country expect to be arrested...its what happens when you break the law...
i suggest knowing this and then taking your children with you is your fault..
you break any law get detained ,having kids is not a get out card....

both yourself and the guy above are just flat out Trump haters who couldnt help yourselves from going on rants covering a dozen topics none of which was brexit..

With the greatest respect, you don't know me and I don't know you. You have no idea who I would and wouldn't vote for, just as I would not know the same about you. The statement was that Trump would make it better and I gave my opinion backed up with why I thought he wouldn't. My opinion is based on living here and my interactions with Americans, not just the BBC. You are entitled to your view just as much as I am.

Are the parents wrong? Maybe. Do we have a duty to protect the children? Absolutely.

suggest you re read what you wrote..chaos,division and racism.....here is a wild guess who you didnt vote for..trump.?
would you take your family on a journey that ended in being illegal immigrants.?
and would you expect prior to embarking on this journey some sort of promise as to what happens if caught.?
its a million miles from ideal but 100% caused by those who passed the current laws..
and i dont think taking your children illegally into foreign lands is a MAYBE wrong either..its flat out wrong

The maybe was based on your responses above. Not all migrants claims are 100% correct and true. However, for a lot of those families they are probably going through some form of hardship and have a claim.

You are suggesting on one hand that you wouldnt take any child of yours but on the other,family separation is also wrong. What if you or they had no choice? From that standpoint, yes they absolutely deserve to be treated with human dignity. You point to the parents but the child hasnt asked to be put in a situation like it has, hense the duty and need to protect and have a process in place. I am agreeing with you that family separation is wrong.

In terms of who I would vote for? If I could vote, it wouldnt be for him, purely for what he stands and reinforces here in the US and how he conducts himself. Not a rant, my opinion and mine alone. Isnt that what message boards are for? Or are we now policing them? Free speech, what a thing!

Cool your jets.

I agree.

I was no fan of Hillary (at all!) but what the GOP are doing with Trump being the distraction is awful.

More lawsuits coming his way. The case of the 13 year old girl who alleged he raped her will be coming back. As will alleged prostitution rings being run from Trump hotels.
AfricanBluebird

Postby Jock » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:17 am

When we leave the EU America is not the only alternative market, as for African Bluebird, stick to protecting children; economics is clearly not your thing.
Jock

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:55 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Say what you like about trump, but if he was in charge here brexit wouldn’t be the clusterfuck it currently is

As an expat living in the US I beg to differ. His Presidency has caused chaos, division and stoked outright racism. The way he operates and makes changes here are rammed through with no thought to process or consequences. You only need to look no further than the separation of immigrant families with no documentation to keep track of where parents and children are.

So while I agree Brexit has been a clusterfuck, it would be no better under him.

I work part time for a child protection organisation based in the US who work in the US.

While I understand why some people like Trumps bravado and outspokenness the administration is absolutely clueless and implicit in damaging and hurting children and children services. Here are just a few things from my child-focussed perspective that the administration is doing so very very wrong:

Separated children - Separating children from their parents is not only wrong but the administration has no case management or social work to ensure children are protected, monitored or receive services that they need - they limited systems to even identify where they are or who their parents are - this is a child protection disaster

Taking money from HIV programmes to fund separation of children - HIV services for American men, women and children is being plundered to fund seperating children putting the health of many at risk. What an abomination. Let's not forget that Mike Pence is a religious extremist who has held a long term view that HIV programmes should be reduced and money redirected to 'sexual reorientation' of gay people (a process with a history of increasing suicides and depression among gay people).

However, Trump is a complete distraction to what is really going on. The Koch brothers have a long term objective of moving the States to a right-wing agenda which benefits the conservative elite.

if you illegally enter another country expect to be arrested...its what happens when you break the law...

both yourself and the guy above are just flat out Trump haters who couldnt help yourselves from going on rants covering a dozen topics none of which was brexit..

With the greatest respect, you don't know me and I don't know you. You have no idea who I would and wouldn't vote for, just as I would not know the same about you. The statement was that Trump would make it better and I gave my opinion backed up with why I thought he wouldn't. My opinion is based on living here and my interactions with Americans, not just the BBC. You are entitled to your view just as much as I am.

Are the parents wrong? Maybe. Do we have a duty to protect the children? Absolutely.

suggest you re read what you wrote..chaos,division and racism.....here is a wild guess who you didnt vote for..trump.?
would you take your family on a journey that ended in being illegal immigrants.?
and would you expect prior to embarking on this journey some sort of promise as to what happens if caught.?
its a million miles from ideal but 100% caused by those who passed the current laws..
and i dont think taking your children illegally into foreign lands is a MAYBE wrong either..its flat out wrong

The maybe was based on your responses above. Not all migrants claims are 100% correct and true. However, for a lot of those families they are probably going through some form of hardship and have a claim.

You are suggesting on one hand that you wouldnt take any child of yours but on the other,family separation is also wrong. What if you or they had no choice? From that standpoint, yes they absolutely deserve to be treated with human dignity. You point to the parents but the child hasnt asked to be put in a situation like it has, hense the duty and need to protect and have a process in place. I am agreeing with you that family separation is wrong.

In terms of who I would vote for? If I could vote, it wouldnt be for him, purely for what he stands and reinforces here in the US and how he conducts himself. Not a rant, my opinion and mine alone. Isnt that what message boards are for? Or are we now policing them? Free speech, what a thing!

Cool your jets.

I agree.

I was no fan of Hillary (at all!) but what the GOP are doing with Trump being the distraction is awful.

More lawsuits coming his way. The case of the 13 year old girl who alleged he raped her will be coming back. As will alleged prostitution rings being run from Trump hotels.

Throw enough mud against a wall and some will stick weather it should or not. ill join the outrage when hes actually guilty of something till then its all conjecture.

thanks for your post on the asylum seekers, you obviously have a unique perspective on this and i dont think anyone would say they arent shocked that these people feel they need to leave their home because its unsafe.

Its a shame there isnt better provisions, large flat-like structures where people (whole families) can be housed while processed. these dont have to be anything special but basic needs can be covered. i imagine the sheer influx is why they are converting walmarts into makeshift holding cells. In Australia, which granted is much easier because they have no neighboring boarders, dont they divert all boats to Nauru?

What i still dont understand is why those claiming asylum are not moved away from this, still under supervision, but somewhere secure where the govt. can establish who they are and their reasonings before deciding weather to grant them asylum.

one thing is for sure, you cant just stand aside and let people go where they want to, yes it would solve this immediate problem but it would potentially cause many others. There needs to a process but its difficult because talking about it makes me sound like im heartless... its not the case but you cant have hundreds of thousands of people coming into a country and disappearing off the grid its completely unsustainable.

it needs investment from my untrained eyes, extra facilites, extra staffing extra cooperation with the governments of these pan american countries to try to find out A. why this is happening in such large numbers and B. how to limit this as much as possible.
paulh_85

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:23 am

Jock wrote:When we leave the EU America is not the only alternative market, as for African Bluebird, stick to protecting children economics is clearly not your thing.

Thanks Jock, maybe I should :)

I never said America is the only alternative market, I hope we manage to get good deals with as many countries as we can.

The American economy will have a big recession soon, from an economic perspective I am not sure why trump reduced corporation tax from 35 to 21% in order to boost the economy when the economy was doing so well anyway. That has added trillions onto the deficit, which will need to paid back, and most of the corporations that have saved money are using the savings to buy back their own shares... trickle down economics doesn't work, didn't work under Reagan, doesn't work now. Add to that the trade wars and the US economy will hit a wall at some time and it is good we are not wholly reliant on them post=Brexit.
AfricanBluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:35 am

paulh_85 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:

Cool your jets.

I agree.

Throw enough mud against a wall and some will stick weather it should or not. ill join the outrage when hes actually guilty of something till then its all conjecture.

thanks for your post on the asylum seekers, you obviously have a unique perspective on this and i dont think anyone would say they arent shocked that these people feel they need to leave their home because its unsafe.

Its a shame there isnt better provisions, large flat-like structures where people (whole families) can be housed while processed. these dont have to be anything special but basic needs can be covered. i imagine the sheer influx is why they are converting walmarts into makeshift holding cells. In Australia, which granted is much easier because they have no neighboring boarders, dont they divert all boats to Nauru?

What i still dont understand is why those claiming asylum are not moved away from this, still under supervision, but somewhere secure where the govt. can establish who they are and their reasonings before deciding weather to grant them asylum.

one thing is for sure, you cant just stand aside and let people go where they want to, yes it would solve this immediate problem but it would potentially cause many others. There needs to a process but its difficult because talking about it makes me sound like im heartless... its not the case but you cant have hundreds of thousands of people coming into a country and disappearing off the grid its completely unsustainable.

it needs investment from my untrained eyes, extra facilites, extra staffing extra cooperation with the governments of these pan american countries to try to find out A. why this is happening in such large numbers and B. how to limit this as much as possible.

Paul I don't disagree with much of your post, maybe you are in the wrong job!

There has to be a better and more sustainable immigration policy.

Some commentators believe that a 'softer' border would allow more seasonal migration to take place as the US, some sectors are struggling due to lack of human resources. Softer borders allow people to leave more easily as well as enter. Policing that is difficult though.

I don't know the answer but to put the blame on people trying to enter the country when the US own rules are schizophrenic is unfair.

There needs to be more interventions to stop such migration in the first place. Helping countries create a more stable environment benefits everyone.

As for Trumps allegations. Let's wait and see. Its going to be an interesting 6 months.
AfricanBluebird

Postby Jock » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:When we leave the EU America is not the only alternative market, as for African Bluebird, stick to protecting children economics is clearly not your thing.

I never said America is the only alternative market, I hope we manage to get good deals with as many countries as we can.

The American economy will have a big recession soon, from an economic perspective I am not sure why trump reduced corporation tax from 35 to 21% in order to boost the economy when the economy was doing so well anyway. That has added trillions onto the deficit, which will need to paid back, and most of the corporations that have saved money are using the savings to buy back their own shares... trickle down economics doesn't work, didn't work under Reagan, doesn't work now. Add to that the trade wars and the US economy will hit a wall at some time and it is good we are not wholly reliant on them post=Brexit.

Tell you what mate, if you can forecast how the economy is going to go you could be Warren Buffet wealthy.
Re Corporation Tax, when the rate is lowered revenue tends to go up.
Re Trade War, the EU imposed a 10% levy on American Cars, the US stuck 2 1/2% on ours. So I think Trump is being blamed for something he didn’t start.
Re Trickle down, many decades ago it was explained to me it’s like a champagne fountain, problem is at the top now there’s a big bucket not a glass and 1% are getting obscenely rich while everyone else gets poorer.
Jock

Postby AfricanBluebird » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:56 am

Jock wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

Tell you what mate, if you can forecast how the economy is going to go you could be Warren Buffet wealthy.
Re Trade War, the EU imposed a 10% levy on American Cars, the US stuck 2 1/2% on ours. So I think Trump is being blamed for something he didn’t start.
Re Trickle down, many decades ago it was explained to me it’s like a champagne fountain, problem is at the top now there’s a big bucket not a glass and 1% are getting obscenely rich while everyone else gets poorer.

I don't disagree Jock!
AfricanBluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:09 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
ElyBlue85 wrote:

Cool your jets.

I agree.

Paul I don't disagree with much of your post, maybe you are in the wrong job!

There has to be a better and more sustainable immigration policy.

Some commentators believe that a 'softer' border would allow more seasonal migration to take place as the US, some sectors are struggling due to lack of human resources. Softer borders allow people to leave more easily as well as enter. Policing that is difficult though.

I don't know the answer but to put the blame on people trying to enter the country when the US own rules are schizophrenic is unfair.

There needs to be more interventions to stop such migration in the first place. Helping countries create a more stable environment benefits everyone.

As for Trumps allegations. Let's wait and see. Its going to be an interesting 6 months.

the problem is allegations have dogged him for 2 years now and unless im missing something there hasnt been a single shred of proof? take the stormy daniels saga as an example of how quickly something can be brought to life when there is actual evidence.
paulh_85

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am

Jock wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

Totally agree Jock. Africanbluebird has simply put up an opinion on a very complicated matter (Economics) and worded it to sound like fact. He can't possibly know if his prediction is going to come true and even if they did then carrying millions of legal/illegal immigrants is not exactly going to help.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:47 am

paulh_85 wrote:the problem is allegations have dogged him for 2 years now and unless im missing something there hasnt been a single shred of proof? take the stormy daniels saga as an example of how quickly something can be brought to life when there is actual evidence.

Well if we take Clinton as an example even if 'bang' on evidence does immerge it won't force Trump out of office. :D
Tony Blue Williams

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:30 pm

What is the plan ???
TopCat CCFC

Previous

Return to General Chat