Anyone But England

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Anyone But England

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:08 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Very bitter and cringy some of these comments.

I hope England win, I’d be happy if they won the World Cup.

All there players are players who we watch week in week out an entertain us every week. Pathetic having so much hatred for the England team we were all on the pitch a few weeks ago at the ccs celebrating that we made it in to the Premier League let’s not forget that.

Is liverpool/everton rivalry cringe? Rangers/celtic? Poland/Russia? Man Utd/Man City?

Why is Wales/England any different to any other rivalry between neighbours?

As for their players entertaining us every week nearly every team in the world cup have players entertaining us in the premiership what's your point??

Your point about celebrating promotion to the premier league is just daft and totally irrelevant to international football.

There is no Wales England rivalry in football at all. They have always been far far far better then us.

And my point about celebrating promotion to the top tier of ENGLISH football isn’t daft. I don’t get how you could possibly despise English football so much yet celebrate promotion where all around the world we will be described as a EPL team.

An as for all the fans of other teams saying we shouldn’t be in the league that’s just there number one go to excuse when we’ve just beat them.

The Anybody but England thing is usually just said because people think it’s the cool safe thing to say.

If Wales were playing England I’d obviously want them to win that little bit more then if we were playing somebody else just because they are our neighbors and bragging rights etc.
But there is no heated rivalry that would make me want to celebrate them losing and going home like I celebrated when our six fingered inbred heroin addicted mutant friends down west.

I’m with you on all this over the top shite over England as most of us have English friends, over half of our team is English with an English manager, coaches etc but to say there is no rivalry is complete nonsense mate. Utter garbage.

you can't be rivals because you have English friends that gets the award for the most ridiculous statement yet.

I've got English friends, Jack friends, Bristolian friends doesn't stop them being rivals ha ha!!

What??
You should read my post again. I’m saying the opposite in that we ARE huge rivals. I’m disagreeing with his part of his post that’s states this. The words I used were - nonsense & garbage that there is no rivalry.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby montyblue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:25 am

Support the home nation's "come on Poland"
montyblue

Postby Tomshort1927 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:56 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

All there players are players who we watch week in week out an entertain us every week. Pathetic having so much hatred for the England team we were all on the pitch a few weeks ago at the ccs celebrating that we made it in to the Premier League let’s not forget that.

Is liverpool/everton rivalry cringe? Rangers/celtic? Poland/Russia? Man Utd/Man City?

As for their players entertaining us every week nearly every team in the world cup have players entertaining us in the premiership what's your point??

Your point about celebrating promotion to the premier league is just daft and totally irrelevant to international football.

There is no Wales England rivalry in football at all. They have always been far far far better then us.

And my point about celebrating promotion to the top tier of ENGLISH football isn’t daft. I don’t get how you could possibly despise English football so much yet celebrate promotion where all around the world we will be described as a EPL team.

An as for all the fans of other teams saying we shouldn’t be in the league that’s just there number one go to excuse when we’ve just beat them.

The Anybody but England thing is usually just said because people think it’s the cool safe thing to say.

If Wales were playing England I’d obviously want them to win that little bit more then if we were playing somebody else just because they are our neighbors and bragging rights etc.
But there is no heated rivalry that would make me want to celebrate them losing and going home like I celebrated when our six fingered inbred heroin addicted mutant friends down west.

I guess you have been living on another planet for the past 100 years. There is, and always has been a tremendous rivalry between Wales & England, just the same as in nearly every other sport where the two nations come up against each other. As for England always being better than us, you must be very young or have a very short memory. Besides the times we have beaten them in the home nations championship, including a 4-1 drubbing at the Racecourse, it was'nt Wales who came home with their tail between their legs after failing to progress from the group stages at the last Euros.

You must be very old with a very forgetful memory.

So correct me if I'm wrong here:

1. They are our nearest bordering country

2. We've played each other over 100 times.

3.We played in a home nations championship including England for over 100 years.

4. We play at club level week in week out against English opposition.

But according to you we aren't allowed to see them as rivals???

You can see them as you want.

But there isn’t a rivalry like we have with the jacks or Bristol.

It’s just bitter jealousy.

An everybody going on about if they win we’d never hear the end of it we got to the semi final of the euros an most people haven’t shut up about it.

I’m starting to think you’re actually English, and how on earth can you compare club football to international football? We played against Madrid in 71 so I guess that means I must support Spain this World Cup?
Tomshort1927

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Tomshort1927 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I guess you have been living on another planet for the past 100 years. There is, and always has been a tremendous rivalry between Wales & England, just the same as in nearly every other sport where the two nations come up against each other. As for England always being better than us, you must be very young or have a very short memory. Besides the times we have beaten them in the home nations championship, including a 4-1 drubbing at the Racecourse, it was'nt Wales who came home with their tail between their legs after failing to progress from the group stages at the last Euros.

3.We played in a home nations championship including England for over 100 years.

An everybody going on about if they win we’d never hear the end of it we got to the semi final of the euros an most people haven’t shut up about it.

I’m starting to think you’re actually English, and how on earth can you compare club football to international football? We played against Madrid in 71 so I guess that means I must support Spain this World Cup?

No I’m definitely Welsh.

And I’m not saying you should support England but what’s with all the weird bitterness I hope they go home early stuff.

An no we play in the English league system not the Spanish one. The point you missed was how can you hate England so much but celebrate getting promoted when the whole world will not describe Cardiff as an English Premier League team.
Llan_Blue

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:17 pm

AV3 wrote:One of the best things about being English is reading the hilarious bitter drivel from the Scottish and Welsh small timers. They are the Birmingham City of Britain and never let us down for a good laugh :lol:

As for it being all over the TV, you could always set up a Welsh channel and watch programes about sheep, valleys and mountains. :lol:

We are small time yet have achieved more in one finals tournemant than you have in the last 20 years. Speaks volumes about your country that
paulh_85

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Tomshort1927 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I think Llanblue may be too young to have experienced the home internationals. If he had gone to those, he would realise the rivalry between the home nations, probably none bigger than England v Scotland which is a fixture that probably rivals any international fixture in the world. The fact that England have the better record against them is irrelevant. There is immense rivalry when these neighbours meet, and I believe that they have had an attendance of around 150,000 to watch one of these fixtures. Anyone who experienced the traditional home internationals will know that Wales, Scotland & N Ireland all desperately wanted to beat England more than they wanted to beat anyone else. They have always been the scalp that the British sides wanted the most, and probably still are today.
Steve Zodiak

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:20 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I think your in a wind up so I'll finish my point here.

England are for me a Welshman my rivals not through bitter jealousy but because they are our neighbours.

I've told you on previous posts todyop putting what you think as fact.
WelshPatriot

Postby Tomshort1927 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Tomshort1927 wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

No I’m definitely Welsh.

And I’m not saying you should support England but what’s with all the weird bitterness I hope they go home early stuff.

An no we play in the English league system not the Spanish one. The point you missed was how can you hate England so much but celebrate getting promoted when the whole world will not describe Cardiff as an English Premier League team.

Whether we play in the “English league” or not, it still has zero relevance to international football. On the international stage we are neighbours and therefore a rivalry
Tomshort1927

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:13 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I think your in a wind up so I'll finish my point here.

England are for me a Welshman my rivals not through bitter jealousy but because they are our neighbours.

I've told you on previous posts todyop putting what you think as fact.

I’m not on a wind up.

As I’ve said I get that there’s a small rivalry because they are our neighbors.

I don’t get why we are so desperate to see them fail like. There’s no deep footballing rivalry 90% of the time we’ve played them we have been whooped.
Llan_Blue

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:17 pm

For me it’s the pure arrogance of the media. Even this year where it looked like expectations would be low, now listen to them :lol:
paulh_85

Postby wiltshirebluebird » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:25 pm

I think there is a world of difference between rivalry and some of the anti English vitriol spouted by one or two posters on here. Reality is most Welsh and English folk rub along just fine. Most Welsh people I speak to it her want England to do well, or are indifferent. If you don't believe me then you need to widen your social circle and get out a bit more.
wiltshirebluebird

Postby wiltshirebluebird » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:29 pm

I think there is a world of difference between rivalry and some of the anti English vitriol spouted by one or two posters on here. Reality is most Welsh and English folk rub along just fine. Most Welsh people I speak to it her want England to do well, or are indifferent. If you don't believe me then you need to widen your social circle and get out a bit more.
wiltshirebluebird

Postby City Slicker » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:44 pm

Is there rivalry between Thuringia and Saxony or Andalusia and Extramadura? Are we in danger of over scrutinising our own navel?
City Slicker

Postby llangainbluebird » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:12 pm

AV3 wrote:One of the best things about being English is reading the hilarious bitter drivel from the Scottish and Welsh small timers. They are the Birmingham City of Britain and never let us down for a good laugh :lol:

As for it being all over the TV, you could always set up a Welsh channel and watch programes about sheep, valleys and mountains. :lol:

Fair play, that's a good second line! Must say, I enjoyed my visits to St Andrew's and Villa Park last season, even though we lost both. Bought a couple of fanzines, 'Made in Brum' and 'Heroes and Villains'.

Doubt we're on England's radar.

I hope they continue to do well.
llangainbluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Is there a real rivalry ? If so its the most one sided since new Newport with us.

I bet if you asked any England fans we wouldn't make their top 10 !

It originates from the eggers where there is a rivalry as only 9 real countries play the game and we play them every year and we are evenly"ish" matched.

I am totally neutral on them. I like a fiver on every game i watch and England are over bet normally, so normally I am against them from that point of view. Cheered them on Tuesday as i had them to win with BTTS and had Lingard anytime and ver 1.5 goals this afternoon. I won't on Thursday as Belgium are my main bet although coming second may be an easier root.
llan bluebird

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:55 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Is there a real rivalry ? If so its the most one sided since new Newport with us.

It originates from the eggers where there is a rivalry as only 9 real countries play the game and we play them every year and we are evenly"ish" matched.

I am totally neutral on them. I like a fiver on every game i watch and England are over bet normally, so normally I am against them from that point of view. Cheered them on Tuesday as i had them to win with BTTS and had Lingard anytime and ver 1.5 goals this afternoon. I won't on Thursday as Belgium are my main bet although coming second may be an easier root.

For a moment then I was like huh? I never wrote that :lol:
Llan_Blue

Postby Bananas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Mind you they had such a hard qualifying group :roll: and have played some real great teams up to now. Anyone decent will stuff the arrogant tw@ts :old:

#welshandeuropean
Bananas

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:

Fair play, that's a good second line! Must say, I enjoyed my visits to St Andrew's and Villa Park last season, even though we lost both. Bought a couple of fanzines, 'Made in Brum' and 'Heroes and Villains'.

Doubt we're on England's radar.

I hope they continue to do well.

The Heroes and Villains fanzine perfectly epitomises modern day football.

The bloke started it off with humour and was very much a platform for fans to complain and have a go at anything they felt the club wasn't doing right. It was sold at 50p.

Then one day, a director of the club agreed to give the fanzine an interview. Since that day, the fanzine has grown more and more pro-club, to the point where you are not allowed to criticise them. When the PL was formed, the fanzine doubled in price to £1 (no idea how much it is these days)

So we are left with a fanzine that no longer represents the fans and it is sold purely for profit - Nothing wrong with that but when these fanzines first came onto the scene in the late 80s, the spirit wasn't to brown nose the club and maximise profits.

I don't know anything about made in Brum, which makes me think that it is possibly still in existence for the right reasons.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby Ray Bishop » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:23 pm

I’m with Llan Blue on this. I actually would like to see England do well. Internationally, we don’t register on the radar with England. The rivalry is one sided!
By the way, I remember the Home Internationals, I remember us beating England 4-1 and attended our game against them at Ninian Park in 82, when Trevor Francis scored the winner. Wembley used to be way less than half full when they played us.
Ray Bishop

Postby Matt_b » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 pm

To base an argument on the home nations seems silly as they finished years ago, we’re talking the here and now. An average England fan thinks of Germany, Argentina and France as their main rivals now. The likes of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are seen as lower teams for them, just look at the nations league a few years ago. England didn’t want to bother as they see themselves on a higher competitive level now. Wales and Scotland fans think more of playing England than vice versa. I’d be happy for England to win the World Cup but also not be bothered if they got knocked out in the first round and didn’t win a game. I just enjoy watching the World Cup even if Wales aren’t there
Matt_b

Postby dogfound » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:25 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Is there a real rivalry ? If so its the most one sided since new Newport with us.

originates from eggers ???...Wales v England football matches been atracting 50k plus crowds both here and in England for the best part of a 100 years.
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:31 pm

wiltshirebluebird wrote:I think there is a world of difference between rivalry and some of the anti English vitriol spouted by one or two posters on here. Reality is most Welsh and English folk rub along just fine. Most Welsh people I speak to it her want England to do well, or are indifferent. If you don't believe me then you need to widen your social circle and get out a bit more.

had sunday dinner in a pub in Rhoose while todays game was on..pretty much everyone in there routing for England..and cheering..think it varies area to area..??????
dogfound

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 am

dogfound wrote:
wiltshirebluebird wrote:I think there is a world of difference between rivalry and some of the anti English vitriol spouted by one or two posters on here. Reality is most Welsh and English folk rub along just fine. Most Welsh people I speak to it her want England to do well, or are indifferent. If you don't believe me then you need to widen your social circle and get out a bit more.

had sunday dinner in a pub in Rhoose while todays game was on..pretty much everyone in there routing for England..and cheering..think it varies area to area..??????

Was the same in Cardiff city centre today. Whilst searching for a place to eat, all we could hear was cheering from the (mainly full) bars and restaurants we passed :thumbright:

Obviously lots of English in for the Ginger Busker Concert (all joking apart, I have to say he was excellent :clap: ) but I didn't hear too many dissenters whenever they scored ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby stephendavid » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:31 am

Sven wrote:
AV3 wrote:Never watched England in my life sonny, other than a friendly at Villa Park whilst Wembley was being rebuilt that my son wanted to see. I can take or leave them.

That doesn't stop me laughing at how bitter and angry some of you lot get about us. :lol:

It makes the World Cup so much more enjoyable.

season hahaha the maesteg maestro
stephendavid

Postby City Slicker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Was the same in Cardiff city centre today. Whilst searching for a place to eat, all we could hear was cheering from the (mainly full) bars and restaurants we passed :thumbright:

Obviously lots of English in for the Ginger Busker Concert (all joking apart, I have to say he was excellent :clap: ) but I didn't hear too many dissenters whenever they scored ;)

Oh Chris you disappoint me Ed Sheeran??? :shock: and I had you down as more of an AC/DC man like me :lol:
City Slicker

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Of course there is a rivalry.

Can't even believe it's a talking point.

How far you take that rivalry is up to you - same as some fans hated the fact the jacks were in the prem and others thought it was good for Welsh football - bit that doesn't stop it being a rivalry.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 pm

There’s a rivalry of course there is. But it’s what you make of it, it ain’t serious. English t*ats? Is that what you’d call the manager and all the English players in the Bluebirds squad? Give you a tenner if you did to their faces.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 pm

dogfound wrote:

originates from eggers ???...Wales v England football matches been atracting 50k plus crowds both here and in England for the best part of a 100 years.

Not old enough for the 66 world cup but my old man said all of the country were behind England when they won it. We used to go and watch a lot of the home internationals to see the English "stars".

I think this build up of "rivalry" is from the 70's rugby team, especially the Phil Bennett " 'Look what these bastards have done to Wales', ... We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are ......" speech.

The rise of the Welsh nationalists in the same era, and the local TV channels playing up their one eyed Welshness has made it trendy.

The funny thing i bet most of the anyone but England mob are Barry boys secretly supporting Arsenal ;) .......
llan bluebird

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Not old enough for the 66 world cup but my old man said all of the country were behind England when they won it. We used to go and watch a lot of the home internationals to see the English "stars".

I think this build up of "rivalry" is from the 70's rugby team, especially the Phil Bennett " 'Look what these bastards have done to Wales', ... We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are ......" speech.

The rise of the Welsh nationalists in the same era, and the local TV channels playing up their one eyed Welshness has made it trendy.

The funny thing i bet most of the anyone but England mob are Barry boys secretly supporting Arsenal ;) .......

Yes. Very true.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby dogfound » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:56 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

bloody hell...i didnt think anyone took much from that Phil Bennet rant..he isnt the sharpest and some of that team were actually living in England..but anyway it was just a motivation speech ..
you give rugby way too much credit mate..people only started going to see the stars from the all blacks :lol:
dogfound

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat