FIFA, GREEN CARDS NEEDED ??

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby tonythomas » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:11 pm

Just watched Brazil v Costa Rica and left wondering after Neymar's theatrical fall whether FIFA need to start issuing players with Green cards like actors/actresses need to work.
Got to be my age, but loved watching a crunching tackle from a tough CB when I was growing up.
In fairness, Neymar was getting a lot of little niggling fouls against him all game which the ref wasn't giving, BUT that reaction/ fall was comedy gold.
tonythomas

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: FIFA, GREEN CARDS NEEDED ??

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:20 pm

tonythomas wrote:Just watched Brazil v Costa Rica and left wondering after Neymar's theatrical fall whether FIFA need to start issuing players with Green cards like actors/actresses need to work.
Got to be my age, but loved watching a crunching tackle from a tough CB when I was growing up.
In fairness, Neymar was getting a lot of little niggling fouls against him all game which the ref wasn't giving, BUT that reaction/ fall was comedy gold.

But ref gave pen but now
Maybe players will think before falling over in pen area if var can spot the fakes? In commentary Pearce was saying players now look for pen/free kick rather than keep on tbeir feet! :old:
pembroke allan

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:24 pm

nope not just you!
When I'm playing ( park level ) If someone dives against me I make sure the next tackle gives him something to cry about.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Thankful for VAR after that game.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby tonythomas » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 pm

I referreed at parks level CB and TBH if a player did that on Pontcanna on a wet and windy Saturday morning I'd have fell about laughing, and then probably advised him to apologize.
Shocking.
tonythomas

Return to General Chat