Any advice would be appreciated
Mr Moo Cow

Best Place to sell a car ?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Best Place to sell a car ?

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:08 pm

When I sold mine I put it on Autotrader and has no interest and tried the usual we buy any car type webites who offer pennies (don't even waste your time).

In the end I sold it on gumtree, didn't cost a penny to advertise either.
2blue2handle

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Sold a car for £500 a couple of years ago within 24 hours of putting it on Gumtree. Webuyanycar were offering me £340.
Gaynor Straight

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Don't bother with Trade Centre :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Sold a car for £500 a couple of years ago within 24 hours of putting it on Gumtree. Webuyanycar were offering me £340.

They offered me £1200.00 which was quite low anyway but acceptable then they came out and offered £750 because it was an ex Lease car (I don't see why that matters they knew the mileage and it was in perfect condition). Then they offered £850, I said £1000 minimum and they said no. Sold it on Gumtree for £1200.00 the next week.
2blue2handle

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Corner park garages full of cardiff fans, never sell on autotrader
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby RV Casual » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:Sold a car for £500 a couple of years ago within 24 hours of putting it on Gumtree. Webuyanycar were offering me £340.

They offered me £1200.00 which was quite low anyway but acceptable then they came out and offered £750 because it was an ex Lease car (I don't see why that matters they knew the mileage and it was in perfect condition). Then they offered £850, I said £1000 minimum and they said no. Sold it on Gumtree for £1200.00 the next week.

These type of company's pry on people who need the cash badly.

I bought a car in 2009 for £9,200, had a right steal on it from a dealership but six months later my circumstances changed and I wanted to shift it and put the money towards something else (non car related), WBAC offered me £7,700, I thought about it and I was prepared to take a £1,500 hit on what I had paid out, I looked on it as if I had leased a car for 6 months at £250 p/m that was how I justified it to myself.

However, when I went to the place, I have never seen such bullshit in my life, they must just blag people who know no better, they did their 'look at it', took it for a drive up and down the road' fella got out and said, drives lovely mate I'll go and speak to my manager and we can sort out the paperwork....sound.

Comes back out, revised offer of £4,700, what the f**k, I almost laughed in his face? he tried to tell me it had two more previous owners than was listed (total bollocks) and not sure what difference that would make anyway, when I questioned him he tried to say the dealership are classed as a previous owner and that affects the price (I don't think that's true, they are classed as a 'holder' or something, someone in the trade would know) and the other one he said, oh no sorry your right :roll:

Then he tried to tell me the car needed a full re-spray :lol:, I cut him short and said look mate, the car is immaculate, its 12 months old, there's f**k all wrong with, get serious or I'm off, he went back inside, spoke to his manager, and said we'll give you £5,500 cash in your bank straight away blah blah, no thanks pal, and out i went.

I ended up keeping the car for 6 years and then part ex it for not that much less than their 'revised offer' (another good deal that was mind tb
RV Casual

Postby Jock » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:When I sold mine I put it on Autotrader and has no interest and tried the usual we buy any car type webites who offer pennies (don't even waste your time).

In the end I sold it on gumtree, didn't cost a penny to advertise either.

The dearer the car the harder it is to sell on Autotrader.
Jock

Postby dust brother » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:45 pm

A relative passed away and I was left with a big 20 year old luxury Mercedes.
Had absolutely nowhere to store it and didn’t want to pay out for the upkeep of it so for a quick sale went to WBAC.
On the website I was offered £1400 so drove the car to their shack off Newport Road.
Cut a long story short their worse than any second hand car dealer you can imagine,walked away with £400 after their”expert”had pointed out every flaw,scratch,smear or dent.
Was f*****g fuming at them and myself but had no other option.
Cannot speak badly enough about them and laugh at their caring,no trouble adverts!
Stray well away from the dodgy,lowlife,rip-off merchants .
View them almost as bad as Jacks.
dust brother

Postby Sven » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Don't bother with Trade Centre :thumbright:

Yep! Sold as (you think you) seen and warranty ends at the gate (in real terms)! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby GummiTheBluebird » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:15 am

I worked in the car industry for ten years at management level feel free to dm me if you like and I can give you some pointers :ayatollah:
I Miss Phil Stant
I Miss Carl Dale
I Miss Nathan Blake
I Miss Ninian Park
I Miss The Grange End On A Wet Tuesday Night
I MISS THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN WE WAS A REAL BARMY ARMY
GummiTheBluebird

Postby Bluebina » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:00 am

The last two cars I’ve sold on the street with a printed sign in the window. I sold at the back of the Nine Giants Pub, on Thornhill road, loads of passing cars.

Priced it with WBAC website added 20%, gave it a clean and polish, sold both within 2 days.

Good luck it’s easy, don’t give those ***** a penny!!!
Bluebina

Return to General Chat