Argentina World Cup

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Argentina World Cup

Postby Wolfpac » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:50 am

This picture sums up their World Cup mess and I actually feel for Messi, he literally looks a broken man, he is carrying the burden of it all and it doesn’t look like any of his team mates care.

Their manager seems way out of his depth, they don’t deserve to go through, I think the goal difference has killed off their chances and believe Iceland may get a result against the Nigerians.

For all the talent within Argentina’s squad, they simply can’t play as a team.

One final note, surely they should have played Armani the River Plate GK over Willy Cab who is an absolutely abysmal keeper.
Attachments
xmhro2pfurdr0zi6ivsm-696x385.jpg
xmhro2pfurdr0zi6ivsm-696x385.jpg (29.07 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Wolfpac

Argentina World Cup

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Argentina World Cup

Postby dogfound » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 am

i agree.
but its not just Argentina , havent really seen any of the really fancied countries put in a good team performance..
and as for the keeper. not the first to leave in a howler and seen far more mistakes in the 20 or so games so far than poor old Etheridge has made all season....does make you wonder
dogfound

Postby Wolfpac » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:25 am

dogfound wrote:i agree.
but its not just Argentina , havent really seen any of the really fancied countries put in a good team performance..
and as for the keeper. not the first to leave in a howler and seen far more mistakes in the 20 or so games so far than poor old Etheridge has made all season....does make you wonder

He's known for his Howlers mind, not sure why they stick with him.

I agree with other teams, I expect Germany will bounce back against Sweden and Brazil should beat Costa comfortably.

It's been a strange W.C, v open which is exciting :bluescarf:
Wolfpac

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:46 am

I thought they were even potential winners but apart from that first and last 20 minutes against Iceland when they should have been well ahead or at least found a winner as Iceland sat really deep, they have absolutely woeful. Time will be up for a few of them possibly including Messi who as rightly pointed out just doesn't look as though he enjoys international football. I'm not a big fan but Ronaldo really knows how to get that Portuguese team playing whereas Messi seems reactive rather than proactive. They will be lucky to progress now.
Bluebird For Life

Postby ThomasC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:08 pm

blah blah blah, lets all feel sorry for a supposed leader of men (c) Messi
ThomasC

Postby ThomasC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:16 pm

he rooms with a better penalty taker (Aguero) Mascherano not captain material? If you do not empower other players with responsibilities you end up with that. Not everyone can be Ronaldo.

best thing our national team did was to get a proper Captain and not just give it to Bale
ThomasC

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:20 pm

I don’t feel sorry for him at all. He shines when he’s around good players but he’s not the god he’s made out to be.

When things aren’t going right he goes missing shows no emotion and runs about looking at the floor.

He’s definitely not the g.o.a.t

Argentina aren’t even a bad side there not just bang average players he’s playing with.
Llan_Blue

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:29 pm

They’ll qualify now

And a tasty draw v France in the next round
paulh_85

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:They’ll qualify now

And a tasty draw v France in the next round

Iceland certainly did them a massive favour today.
Bluebird For Life

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:24 pm

I can’t see why people are so surprised.

Argentina struggled in qualifying and only just scraped through thanks to their star player.

Iceland result helped them out today.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby goats » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:32 pm

You get the feeling the argies will turn Nigeria over now and sneak into 2nd. They will need a massive turnaround in team work but they have a history of doing this.
goats

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Still in with a chance - but would rather have pts on the board .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat