No goalkeeper signing?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No goalkeeper signing?

Postby joeywills98 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Anyone else surprised Warnock isn’t looking to sign a new keeper? With Etheridge missing a month in January I think we’ll struggle.
joeywills98

No goalkeeper signing?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: No goalkeeper signing?

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:16 pm

I think we will too if that happens but how do you know he isn’t looking to sign a keeper?
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby joeywills98 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I think we will too if that happens but how do you know he isn’t looking to sign a keeper?

True, shouldn’t jump to conclusions should I
joeywills98

Postby phildavies » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Its not as important as some people have been making out on here in the last few weeks. Etheridge is a very good keeper and Murphy is a solid 2nd choice. If we do sign one then it should be on a free but Im not bothered TBH. Their are far more important positions that we need to strengthen starting with signing two midfielders. Also need a RB and a striker and then we would be set.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:43 pm

I have no doubt we will sign a keeper.
2blue2handle

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:14 pm

The Argentina keeper might be on a Free after tonight ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 pm

6/7m on Fabianski would have been a great signing. Experienced Premiership keeper who was player of the season at Swansea last season & made more saves than any other keeper in the Premiership.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:12 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:6/7m on Fabianski would have been a great signing. Experienced Premiership keeper who was player of the season at Swansea last season & made more saves than any other keeper in the Premiership.

Not for me, dead money on someone that age, not our recruitment stratagy at all. Besides I doubt he would have chose us over West ham.
2blue2handle

Postby brickyblue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:38 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:6/7m on Fabianski would have been a great signing. Experienced Premiership keeper who was player of the season at Swansea last season & made more saves than any other keeper in the Premiership.

Agree thought he would of been a good signing .
Solid keeper knows the Premier league.
Im worrying about etheridge although he did well that month away and his distribution is a concern
brickyblue

Postby HarriRhys22 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:13 pm

I’m surprised Warnock has offered Murphy a new contract when Camp is already under contract so we will have to get someone to take him on loan or pay him off if we want to sign other keeper?
HarriRhys22

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:43 pm

brickyblue wrote:

Agree thought he would of been a good signing .
Solid keeper knows the Premier league.
Im worrying about etheridge although he did well that month away and his distribution is a concern

distribution..?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Postby Vacant0 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 pm

And the reason why is 'Swansea'. It really isn't a surprise at all. He was never going to come to us.

I have no doubt we will sign a keeper by the end of the window. Its vital that we do. Etheridge had a great first season for us, but he isn't tested at the top level, plus he'll be away for a month in January. He could also get injured. Murphy can do a job, but we need real competition for Etheridge, not just a back up.
Vacant0

Postby Whistler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 am

Whats the Beef ! if needed we can have a January Loan keeper, why pay someone to sit an his arse for half a season :ayatollah:
Whistler

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 am

Whistler wrote:Whats the Beef ! if needed we can have a January Loan keeper, why pay someone to sit an his arse for half a season :ayatollah:

What if Etheridge breaks his arm the day after the transfer window closes, would you be happy with Camp or Murphy until January?
2blue2handle

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:37 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Whistler wrote:Whats the Beef ! if needed we can have a January Loan keeper, why pay someone to sit an his arse for half a season :ayatollah:

What if Etheridge breaks his arm the day after the transfer window closes, would you be happy with Camp or Murphy until January?

If all fails we'll get Ben Amos on an emergency loan :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:41 am

Keepers and Strikers are the two key positions, pretty sure we will sign one of each and Etheridge and Zohore will be the back ups.
Bluebina

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 am

Bluebina wrote:Keepers and Strikers are the two key positions, pretty sure we will sign one of each and Etheridge and Zohore will be the back ups.

I'd keep Etheridge as number one and sign Boas Myhill as number 2 :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:15 am

It could be the difference between staying in the Premier League or getting relegated?
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:17 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

It could be the difference between staying in the Premier League or getting relegated?

We had a goalie that made team of the season last time. That didn't seem to help.
Wayne S

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:35 am

Wayne S wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

We had a goalie that made team of the season last time. That didn't seem to help.

Agreed, striker is much more important :thumbright:
piledriver64

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 am

I think Etheridge is more than capable of being a premiership keeper I also think he may turn out to be one of our most valuable players He was part of the best defence in the championship and he played a big part in that
Milkybarkid

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:I think Etheridge is more than capable of being a premiership keeper I also think he may turn out to be one of our most valuable players He was part of the best defence in the championship and he played a big part in that

Tend to agree, really upped his game towards the end of the season, saving our defence a number of times. Still need another keeper though.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat