Aston Villa Owe £560,000 to John Terry

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:26 am

ASTON VILLA TO OWE TERRY?

21/06/18

Aston Villa could owe John Terry as much as £560,000 in wages if he retires or remains a free agent this summer, according to The Times.

The former England captain announced he was leaving Villa Park last month at the end of his one-year deal after joining from Chelsea last summer.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Aston Villa Owe £560,000 to John Terry

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 am

I understand Villa contractually owe this money to John Terry but no way did he do enough to deserve such riches. Football is all wrong.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 am

Plus didn't i read they owe around 20m in transfer fees to other clubs? :o
pembroke allan

Postby City Slicker » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am

pembroke allan wrote:Plus didn't i read they owe around 20m in transfer fees to other clubs? :o

And I was going to offer them Madine. I don't think I'll bother after reading this!
City Slicker

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:51 am

City Slicker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Plus didn't i read they owe around 20m in transfer fees to other clubs? :o

And I was going to offer them Madine. I don't think I'll bother after reading this!

They will offer £20 down rest over 20yrs? :lol:
pembroke allan

Postby AV3 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 pm

It has been reported that after the play off final defeat and upon discovering the financial restrictions facing the club, that Terry has waived his final months payment (for June 2018). If true then hats off to him and will obviously mean that he won't be chasing any other payments after that point.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby BLUE54 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:21 pm

"Hats off to him". What would be the point? Terry doesn't need it.Villa can't afford it. End of story!
BLUE54

Postby AV3 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:00 pm

BLUE54 wrote:"Hats off to him". What would be the point? Terry doesn't need it.Villa can't afford it. End of story!

That's brilliant. I never thought of that. Do you think we could tell all the other bits of dead wood we have?

You can't have the money the money that you're owed because we can't afford it. End of story. :lol:
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby stephendavid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:47 pm

Is there anyone they dont owe money to?
stephendavid

Postby FloridaBluebird » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:16 pm

FFP is going to tear through the Championship this coming season. Lots of teams spent beyond their means and overspeculated. Warnock and co. played a blinder on their relatively small championship budget. I would love us to be looking at your Villa’s, Sunderland, Leeds, Derby and Middlesbrough FOR SURE as shopping grounds for CMs, a Winger and a RB with pace!
FloridaBluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 pm

BLUE54 wrote:"Hats off to him". What would be the point? Terry doesn't need it.Villa can't afford it. End of story!

Imho there’s plenty of players who don’t need that amount of money who deffo wouldn’t have waivered that amount
bluebirdoct1962

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 pm

Great these clubs laud it up when they land these type of players but the amount of s**t they land themselves in when it goes tits up is karma really.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby BLUE54 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:39 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Imho there’s plenty of players who don’t need that amount of money who deffo wouldn’t have waivered that amount

My mistake. I think my point was what would he need to do? Villa seem to have far more serious financial problems, i.e. Owing money to HMRC, possible/probable transfer fee defaults & their owner wants out. Would he be willing to take them to the cleaners & possibly set off an admin situation? He would likely get 10p in the pound if that. £56,000 wouldn't even be "boot money" to him. Ex England captain bringing down one of England's most famous clubs? I don't think so.
BLUE54

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:29 pm

BLUE54 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

My mistake. I think my point was what would he need to do? Villa seem to have far more serious financial problems, i.e. Owing money to HMRC, possible/probable transfer fee defaults & their owner wants out. Would he be willing to take them to the cleaners & possibly set off an admin situation? He would likely get 10p in the pound if that. £56,000 wouldn't even be "boot money" to him. Ex England captain bringing down one of England's most famous clubs? I don't think so.

Fair point
bluebirdoct1962

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:02 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point

It isn't a fair point. To suggest that a debt of £500,000 would push a club Villa's size into administration is ridiculous. If it's true that Terry waived his final wages, it is a fantastic gesture and very rare. I suppose because it's Terry, people begrudge giving him credit. If it had been someone like Garath Bale, there would have been cries for him to be knoighted.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby stephendavid » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:20 am

AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point

It isn't a fair point. To suggest that a debt of £500,000 would push a club Villa's size into administration is ridiculous. If it's true that Terry waived his final wages, it is a fantastic gesture and very rare. I suppose because it's Terry, people begrudge giving him credit. If it had been someone like Garath Bale, there would have been cries for him to be knoighted.

Size of villa Hahahahaha what an average championship side.......more likely he knew he'd have no hope of getting what hes owed buddy!!size of villa looool what a guy
stephendavid

Postby BLUE54 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:12 pm

AV3 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point

I'm afraid it is a"fair point". I didn't suggest £500,000 would push Villa under. If Villa cannot pay their debts especially to HMRC, it could be a very slippery slope. All of their creditors would want a slice and thus admin would loom. Everyone would then be after their debts AFTER HMRC have theirs FIRST. My point is what is the point in John Terry or any of your "dead wood", (your words not mine) going after their 10p in the pound, if there any 10p's left. The HMRC take no prisoners or care about the remaining creditors. There may very few 10p's left. Nothing to do with it being John Terry or strangely Gareth Bale?
BLUE54

Postby mr_nellio » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:21 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:FFP is going to tear through the Championship this coming season. Lots of teams spent beyond their means and overspeculated. Warnock and co. played a blinder on their relatively small championship budget. I would love us to be looking at your Villa’s, Sunderland, Leeds, Derby and Middlesbrough FOR SURE as shopping grounds for CMs, a Winger and a RB with pace!

Really hope so. It was only a few seasons ago we had transfer embargo because of it then you had multiple clubs paying 10 million plus for some players!! How? I mean forest have just paid about ten million for someone. I thought it was all in relation to how much money the club makes not how rich the owner is as there is only so much the owner can pay in to offset FFP. How are they doing it with no parachute payments etc. Don't understand it!!
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby tonythomas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:30 pm

The £560,000 figure mentioned relates to wages owed for June and July. Why is it such a "great" gesture by John Terry to be forgoing these payments, not like he's providing anything to Aston Villa is it. My thoughts on it are, how come a " big" club like Aston Villa would even contemplate paying a CB who's best years were behind him £70,000 a week in the first place.
The simple truth is, the powers that be at Aston Villa gambled massively on getting promotion, and it backfired miserably. Now they have to face the inevitable consequences, it ain't going to be pretty.
tonythomas

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:56 pm

tonythomas wrote:The £560,000 figure mentioned relates to wages owed for June and July. Why is it such a "great" gesture by John Terry to be forgoing these payments, not like he's providing anything to Aston Villa is it. My thoughts on it are, how come a " big" club like Aston Villa would even contemplate paying a CB who's best years were behind him £70,000 a week in the first place.
The simple truth is, the powers that be at Aston Villa gambled massively on getting promotion, and it backfired miserably. Now they have to face the inevitable consequences, it ain't going to be pretty.

You've been reading too many dramatised newspaper articles mate. Villa spent less than £3 million in transfer fees last summer (and nothing in January). How is that gambling massively on getting promotion?

Villa paid Terry significantly less than he earned at Chelsea or what he was offered to stay on at Chelsea and significantly less than Terry was offered from elsewhere. Paying a higher wage was possible because there was no fee involved.

I personally believe that it was a "great" gesture to terminate his contract early. People on here are talking telephone numbers as if it's nothing. In this day and age of TV money, it is almost unheard of for a player to forego wages that he is contractually entitled to. If it's such a nothing gesture, why don't all of the rest of Villa's squad (and management team) forego their June payments to help the club through this difficult period? Bruce is on the same money as Terry was and is more to blame for the situation than anyone. Most of the other players are on £20K a week minimum, most even more.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 pm

AV3 wrote:
tonythomas wrote:The £560,000 figure mentioned relates to wages owed for June and July. Why is it such a "great" gesture by John Terry to be forgoing these payments, not like he's providing anything to Aston Villa is it. My thoughts on it are, how come a " big" club like Aston Villa would even contemplate paying a CB who's best years were behind him £70,000 a week in the first place.

You've been reading too many dramatised newspaper articles mate. Villa spent less than £3 million in transfer fees last summer (and nothing in January). How is that gambling massively on getting promotion?

Villa paid Terry significantly less than he earned at Chelsea or what he was offered to stay on at Chelsea and significantly less than Terry was offered from elsewhere. Paying a higher wage was possible because there was no fee involved.

I personally believe that it was a "great" gesture to terminate his contract early. People on here are talking telephone numbers as if it's nothing. In this day and age of TV money, it is almost unheard of for a player to forego wages that he is contractually entitled to. If it's such a nothing gesture, why don't all of the rest of Villa's squad (and management team) forego their June payments to help the club through this difficult period? Bruce is on the same money as Terry was and is more to blame for the situation than anyone. Most of the other players are on £20K a week minimum, most even more.

Serious question why is a Villa fan (supposedly) do you refer to Villa as "Villa" instead of "we"

As above using your line if I was talking about my club I'd say "we spent less than 3 million" instead you say "Villa spent less than 3 million"
WelshPatriot

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:39 pm

No idea, never really thought about it although I did refer to us as "We" further up on the thread.

Not the biggest of deals really though is it?
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby tonythomas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:49 pm

I don't dispute the £3m and nothing in January line, but please don't say I've been reading "sensationalised" press.
The FACTS are frightening as far as Aston Villa transfer activity since 2015/16 are concerned. Approx. £40m on three strikers, two of whom are getting MASSIVE wages and NOT even in the team.
How can a situation arise where a "big" club like Aston Villa spend £40m on three strikers and then have to loan Grabban in January ??
Villa's transfer policy over the last 30 months has been shocking, it's been a case of let's buy the best players from other Championship teams and hope they gel. No game plan at all.
The "Warnock" way has been criticized in many quarters, but at least he had a clear and distinct strategy in place, and ultimately the players delivered.
I suspect that behind all the
" smokescreen" that you are clearly hiding behind, you deep down know that your "big" club has been badly run. By the way, I have nothing against your club, indeed I actually watched them last season, and sincerely hope that they sort out the mess that's been created and return to the Premier League.
tonythomas

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 pm

The 3 strikers cost nearer to £30 million.

Only McCormack is not in the team/matchday squad. We needed to loan Grabban in January as the only fit striker we had was Hogan, save for a 19 year old.

When a new manager comes in, he inevitably wants his own players. Most of the bad signings were made by DiMatteo, who ironically was the only manager in that 30 month period who had a war chest to spend.

There has been no policy to buy the best players in the Championship, that is just something that you've convinced yourself of.

Villa were badly run under our previous owner because he lost interest in it. I really don't know what has gone on under the current owner and like you, I'm just reading reports in the press. Unlike you though, I don't take every story as being gospel.

One of the drawbacks about being a big club is that we make big headlines.

As for the "Warnock way", I don't knock it because you must play to your strengths. Under Bruce, Villa have been fairly similar. Given the players we have, I, like most Villa fans would have liked to have seen us take the games to the opposition more than we did. That said, Bruce has not had any transfer funds. He has had to wheel and deal in order to bring in his own players. One thing that cannot be leveled at him was wasting money. Incidentally, Bruce has created a very strong and close knit squad, much like Warnock has. Don't be fooled into thinking they are mercenaries. The spirit is better now than it has been for many years.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby tonythomas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:14 pm

Just a few "facts" on Villa's transfer policy.
2016/17 season 14 players brought in for an outlay of £80m +.
No wonder they only brought in Whelan and Elmohadamy in 2017/18 for less than £3m.
All they did for 2017/18 was changed tack and instead of buying players they loaned them instead, BUT even so John Terry came on a "free" at £70k a week. Snodgrass's loan fee was £1m and Villa paid £40k of his £60k a week salary.
£80m on 14 players is suicidal for a Championship side and the telling factor is that out of those 14 , only four made the starting 11 for the play off final and four on the bench.
tonythomas

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:22 pm

tonythomas wrote:Just a few "facts" on Villa's transfer policy.
2016/17 season 14 players brought in for an outlay of £80m +.
No wonder they only brought in Whelan and Elmohadamy in 2017/18 for less than £3m.
All they did for 2017/18 was changed tack and instead of buying players they loaned them instead, BUT even so John Terry came on a "free" at £70k a week. Snodgrass's loan fee was £1m and Villa paid £40k of his £60k a week salary.
£80m on 14 players is suicidal for a Championship side and the telling factor is that out of those 14 , only four made the starting 11 for the play off final and four on the bench.

A few more facts for you:

Out of the £80 million spent, we sold the following in the Summer & January of 2016/17;

Gana £7M
Sinclair £4M
Clark £5M
Tarore £7M
Westwood £6M
Gestede £6M
Ayew £5M

That makes the actual outlay around £40M. Furthermore, out of the 14 players, more than half were bought by the previous manager who is the previous manager for a reason.

Sunderland spent wisely last summer. Remind me again how that worked out for them.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby tonythomas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:33 pm

AV, I don't take ANY notice of the press stories whatsoever.
Only tonight I was listening to the latest podcast MOMS and TBH, the concensus was that the stories in the press don't even stratch the surface of the financial mess that's been allowed to grow.
Simple truth is that the last few seasons the club has put everything into "gambling" on getting back into the Premier League and it's backfired dramatically.
TBH, this thread was about John Terry "giving" up two months wages, which I can see how you can think is a noble gesture, but my honest opinion on it is, after the play off defeat and the financial revelations that came after it, he probably wanted to get as far away as possible, as quickly as possible.
It's only my humble opinion, but with the players at his disposal, Steve Bruce's negativety in his tactics ultimately cost Villa a place in the Premier League.
BTW, the three strikers cost £37.7m, but that's just me being pedantic.
Truly hope the finances are sorted sooner rather than later, should know soon. Talk is of a share issue, although how that's going to work I've no idea. Good luck.
tonythomas

Postby tonythomas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:12 pm

Certainly makes interesting reading AV, players that left, 7,players brought in 14.
Sold:-
Idrissa Gueye
Sinclair
Clark
Traore
Westwood
Gestede
Ayew

Bought:-
Bjarnason
DeLaet
Lansbury
Hourihane
Adomah
Bree
Elphick
Jedinak
Gollini
Tshibola
Chester
Hogan
Joshua
McCormack

In all honesty, hand on heart,do you truly believe that with the exception of maybe James Chester,who will probably be sold to a Premiership club shortly,any of the other players bought are Premiership quality ??
tonythomas

Postby tonythomas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:14 pm

*Joshua should read Kodjia, sorry, predictive text.
tonythomas

Postby AV3 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:49 am

If a player is PL quality then the probability is that he'd be looking to play there.

The players brought in were brought in to play and get us out of the Championship. Of the 14, only 5 were Bruce players, one (Bree) being a signing for the future rather than the present. All 5 were in the squad for the play off final.

If you haven't taken any notice of the press (and that's a big if), you have been equally naive by giving too much credence to the MOMS podcast, who probably know less about what is going on than the press do.

The club has not gambled to the extent that you believe and are suggesting. Many clubs take advantage of their parachute payments and spending £40 million of it is not a gamble. Besides, you fail to understand that it isn't the £40 million that is a problem - It is the high wage bill that is unsustainable. This is where management decisions need to be questioned.

As you say, the thread is about Terry. You chose to derail it based on speculation you'd heard on a podcast.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Next

Return to General Chat