Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Aston Villa Owe £560,000 to John Terry

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:04 am

AV3 wrote:If a player is PL quality then the probability is that he'd be looking to play there.

The players brought in were brought in to play and get us out of the Championship. Of the 14, only 5 were Bruce players, one (Bree) being a signing for the future rather than the present. All 5 were in the squad for the play off final.

If you haven't taken any notice of the press (and that's a big if), you have been equally naive by giving too much credence to the MOMS podcast, who probably know less about what is going on than the press do.

The club has not gambled to the extent that you believe and are suggesting. Many clubs take advantage of their parachute payments and spending £40 million of it is not a gamble. Besides, you fail to understand that it isn't the £40 million that is a problem - It is the high wage bill that is unsustainable. This is where management decisions need to be questioned.

As you say, the thread is about Terry. You chose to derail it based on speculation you'd heard on a podcast.

i know you like to go overboard but im just asking.... you mentioned further up that you could afford the larger wages because you didnt pay transfer fees, now the management need to be questioned for having an unsustainable wage bill so which is it?

you wont (or you shouldnt) get much preaching from us, considering we know all about a club not being run very well!! but whichever way you spin you Aston Villa need to bring a lot of money in to balance, and cut the wage bill significantly for next season.

On Terry, i agree its a top gesture from him. but he should have never been signed in the first place imo

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 am

I spoke specifically about the Terry situation, not wages in general.

The Terry wage has now been removed from the books so there is no concern about it being sustainable (which is a completely separate issue)

Quite why that is going overboard is anyone's guess but hey! It's not like you to be a drama queen or anything is it?

Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:47 am

AV3 wrote:I spoke specifically about the Terry situation, not wages in general.

The Terry wage has now been removed from the books so there is no concern about it being sustainable (which is a completely separate issue)

Quite why that is going overboard is anyone's guess but hey! It's not like you to be a drama queen or anything is it?

This is what i mean about you going over board. :lol: theres only one drama queen and its definitely not me :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:28 am

AV3 wrote:If a player is PL quality then the probability is that he'd be looking to play there.

The players brought in were brought in to play and get us out of the Championship. Of the 14, only 5 were Bruce players, one (Bree) being a signing for the future rather than the present. All 5 were in the squad for the play off final.

If you haven't taken any notice of the press (and that's a big if), you have been equally naive by giving too much credence to the MOMS podcast, who probably know less about what is going on than the press do.

The club has not gambled to the extent that you believe and are suggesting. Many clubs take advantage of their parachute payments and spending £40 million of it is not a gamble. Besides, you fail to understand that it isn't the £40 million that is a problem - It is the high wage bill that is unsustainable. This is where management decisions need to be questioned.

As you say, the thread is about Terry. You chose to derail it based on speculation you'd heard on a podcast.

Here's a fact for you......we wont be playing you next season

Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:42 am

AV, talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
"The players brought in were brought in to PLAY and get us out of the Championship"
These players were brought in 2016/17, on exorbitant wages which were unsustainable at Championship level, as you say to get the club out of the Championship, BUT they weren't played. SB got a load of "free" signings and loan players in 2017/18, so must have thought that the players bought in 2016/17 weren't good enough to gain promotion.
I totally agree that the wage structure at Aston Villa is the biggest single problem, and the club HAVE to address this first and foremost. Absolutely ridiculous to have players on the wage bill who aren't even close to the first team squad. May sort itself out, but in the meantime the club is haemorrhaging money at an alarming rate, without getting anything in return.
I still maintain my original argument that even though it would appear a "noble" jesture on JT part to forego last two months wages, if that is indeed true, it doesn't escape the fact that his wages over an unsuccessful campaign equated to over £3m. Worth it ????

Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:40 am

Mate, with the greatest respect, I am not shooting myself in the foot. I do happen to know a little bit more about my team than Cardiff fans - And vice versa of course. Take for example your claim that 3 strikers cost £37M. This is incorrect and just because MOMS say it, doesn't mean that it is true. It is my understanding that MOMS are the looney left wing Brigada group of ultras who follow Celtic, St Paui and and all that crap. If true, anything they claim should be taken with a pinch of salt. Mc Cormack cost £12M, Kodjia & Hogan cost £9M each with potential add ons for promotion etc. We certainly won't be paying Bristol anything near £15M for Kodjia as quoted on MOMS.

I'm not interested in the players that DiMatteo signed (although apart from McCormack & Tishibola, they weren't bad on the whole). Bruce's signings all played their part in the team/squad last year and all played a significant amount of football. The loan signings were a GK which we had the previous season, Snodgrass, who came in when Green was injured and Grabban who came in when Kodjia broke down. Other than that, we had Onomah from Spurs who it could be argued was not really needed given the players already there.

As for Terry - You yourself have posted that the Snodgrass deal totaled a similar amount. 10p isn't woth it if you fail in your goals but given the chance to sign a 36 year old Terry for a year for £3M right now, I would say yes, it would be worth it.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:10 am

Please don't fed the Troll

Trolls drag you down to their level and beat you with pure experience! ;) :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:37 am

Yes, we got it the first time.

Change the record now eh Sven? Or even better, throw yourself in front of a very fast train you complete and utter bore.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:40 am

Get back on your championship forum AV4

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:41 am

AV3 wrote:Yes, we got it the first time.

Change the record now eh Sven? Or even better, throw yourself in front of a very fast train you complete and utter bore.

drama queen alert :lol:

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:43 am

AV, MOMS is an award winning reputable podcast that have been invited to Parliament, Premier League meetings and Aston Villa meetings, so I think you may be slightly wide of the mark on that one. However, I do recommend that as a Villa fan you indulge yourself in giving it a listen, instead of hanging on to Dr.Tony Zia's tweets, which for some unexplained reason have dried up lately.
My figures for the transfers came from transfermarket, not the MOMS podcast and are there for all to see.
I sincerely hope that the Trainwreck that has occurred at Villa gets sorted, so that you and all other Villa fans reclaim what used to be a respected club, but what is rapidly turning into a laughing stock.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:03 pm

tonythomas wrote:AV, MOMS is an award winning reputable podcast that have been invited to Parliament, Premier League meetings and Aston Villa meetings, so I think you may be slightly wide of the mark on that one. However, I do recommend that as a Villa fan you indulge yourself in giving it a listen, instead of hanging on to Dr.Tony Zia's tweets, which for some unexplained reason have dried up lately.
My figures for the transfers came from transfermarket, not the MOMS podcast and are there for all to see.
I sincerely hope that the Trainwreck that has occurred at Villa gets sorted, so that you and all other Villa fans reclaim what used to be a respected club, but what is rapidly turning into a laughing stock.

I listened to the latest one after you mentioned it last night. It seems quite old, just after all the news broke out a couple of weeks ago. Plus it was just 2 blokes stating their opinion (in an attempt to justify their previous comments)

If MOMS have anything to do with that ultra shit then it will be very difficult for anyone to take them seriously.

Yeah - Let's hope we don't turn into a laughing stock - Our owner may even change our kit to red.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:20 pm

AV, please elaborate on what you mean by a reputable podcast MOMS having anything to do with that "ultra" shit. I'm intrigued as to what this "ultra" shit is.
I listened to the podcast in it's entirety and it was both informative and balanced ,dealing with the reckless spending and budgeting that has occurred at Villa.
Are you aware that the wage bill WAS in the top 20 clubs in Europe, running at £110m. That is scandalous, given the calibre of the players at the club.
Numerous individuals, including Dr Tony Xia, the Ceo,and the manager would have sanctioned that amount of expenditure, which by the way equated to 73% of the club's income.
BTW, Swansea City were almost identical,but albeit at the time desperately trying to retain their Premiership status.
The sooner the powers that be, that are running your club into the ground realize that high wages doesn't equate to a successful team on the field, then the sooner they will recover.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Try telling Man City that high wages don't equate to a successful team.

The Ultra shit is something I've been told and as I stated previously, I don't know whether it is true or not. Villa have a little crew who call themselves "Brigada". They are affiliated to all the Celtic/Green army nonsense that we have seen spreading through Europe over the past few years. They do all the ultra chants that you see Celtic (and Crystal Palace) doing.

I have been told that MOMS is run by the Brigada lot. If true, I don't want anything to do with them and I certainly don't take them seriously.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanks AV, I wasn't aware of the AV "Ultras".
I can understand now where you are coming from on that, although IMO, it would be highly unlikely it would be run by a couple of peeps who do a podcast, endorsed by Aston Villa FC themselves.
As I've previously stated, I have nothing against AV, as a club, and TBH, there are going to be plenty more Championship clubs in very similar scenarios over the next few years. I sincerely hope that your club come out of their present predicament relatively unscathed.
Thanks for the discussion. Enjoyed.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:43 pm

AV3 wrote:
tonythomas wrote:AV, MOMS is an award winning reputable podcast that have been invited to Parliament, Premier League meetings and Aston Villa meetings, so I think you may be slightly wide of the mark on that one. However, I do recommend that as a Villa fan you indulge yourself in giving it a listen, instead of hanging on to Dr.Tony Zia's tweets, which for some unexplained reason have dried up lately.

I listened to the latest one after you mentioned it last night. It seems quite old, just after all the news broke out a couple of weeks ago. Plus it was just 2 blokes stating their opinion (in an attempt to justify their previous comments)

If MOMS have anything to do with that ultra shit then it will be very difficult for anyone to take them seriously.

Yeah - Let's hope we don't turn into a laughing stock - Our owner may even change our kit to red.

Dont turn into..........bit late for that lad lol

Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:55 pm

tonythomas wrote:Thanks AV, I wasn't aware of the AV "Ultras".
I can understand now where you are coming from on that, although IMO, it would be highly unlikely it would be run by a couple of peeps who do a podcast, endorsed by Aston Villa FC themselves.
As I've previously stated, I have nothing against AV, as a club, and TBH, there are going to be plenty more Championship clubs in very similar scenarios over the next few years. I sincerely hope that your club come out of their present predicament relatively unscathed.
Thanks for the discussion. Enjoyed.

Just one final point. Villa hold regular meetings with various fan groups. These include all online websites etc. They discuss forthcoming games etc, etc. As MOMS is an online fan website, naturally they would be included in these meetings. I cannot see Villa endorsing a website that is so scathing of the owner though, can you?

Thank you for the discussion also. I am always interested in hearing other fans views of my club.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:03 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

:thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:45 pm

Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

:thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahahaha go on sven