' Reds midfielder Marko Grujic nearing Cardiff return '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 am

Liverpool transfer news: Reds midfielder Marko Grujic nearing Cardiff return

Daily Express

Thursday 21st June 2018

Marko Grujic made 14 appearances for Cardiff last season, scoring one goal

That’s according to Goal, who report that the 22-year-old is set to go on another temporary spell away from Anfield.

The Serbian spent the second half of last season on loan with the Bluebirds as they were promoted to the Premier League courtesy of a second-placed finish in the Championship.

Grujic made 14 appearances for Neil Warnock’s side although dropped to the bench for the final few games of the season.

Neil Warnock is keen to get Marko Grujic back on board for Cardiff's Premier League return

Marko Grujic has not played for Liverpool since December 2nd

But Warnock has already conducted talks with the player - currently at the World Cup in Russia with Serbia - with Liverpool said to see a loan spell in the English top-flight as the ideal move.

Goal add that Serie A giants AC Milan and Lazio are both interested in recruiting Grujic on permanent deals, while another Italian side - Atalanta - have enquired about a loan move.

Grujic has previously been linked with newly-promoted Fulham but the London club are thought to view the former Red Star Belgrade starlet as an option should they have to sell captain Tom Cairney this summer.

Marko Grujic is currently in Russia as part of Serbia's 23-man World Cup squad

While Jurgen Klopp is thought to rate Grujic highly having signed him from Red Star for £5.1million in 2016, first-team opportunities are currently limited for Liverpool’s No 16.

The recent signing of defensive midfielder Fabinho, in addition to Naby Keita’s arrival, has added further competition in the middle under the German boss with Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum, James Milner and the injured Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain among his other options.
Attachments
Marko-Grujic-1389471.jpg
Marko-Grujic-1389471.jpg (47.71 KiB) Viewed 6957 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Reds midfielder Marko Grujic nearing Cardiff return '

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 am

I read somewhere on here that before he got injured we never lost with him in the side.

He does one of those jobs in midfield that is an unappreciated field of endeavour. Copied that phase from a Clint Eastwood film. For me though its better the devil you know when it comes to him.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:13 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I read somewhere on here that before he got injured we never lost with him in the side.

He does one of those jobs in midfield that is an unappreciated field of endeavour. Copied that phase from a Clint Eastwood film. For me though its better the devil you know when it comes to him.

We had a great run with him, and looked much worse when Gunner came back.

I'm not sure what happened, but Warnock seemed to not want to play him for the final games, it's like they had a falling out or something, that's why I didn't think we would be back in for him?

Time will tell, but I thought we looked miles better with him than Gunner!!!
Bluebina

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:22 am

Bluebina wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:I read somewhere on here that before he got injured we never lost with him in the side.

We had a great run with him, and looked much worse when Gunner came back.

I'm not sure what happened, but Warnock seemed to not want to play him for the final games, it's like they had a falling out or something, that's why I didn't think we would be back in for him?

Time will tell, but I thought we looked miles better with him than Gunner!!!

I agree that we looked much worse when Gunnar came back into the side but don't think he would have come all the back from Serbia for the promotion celebration if he had a falling out with NW. Would love to see him back here for us in thye prem
CF23 Bluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:40 am

Aye, loan him for a season and turn him into a player we could never afford to buy. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:42 am

I liked him, adds that height into the middle and likes a tackle, the bookings were frustrating though and the way we played he didn't seem to be able to play with Gunner and the problems came when we tried to put them in together.
2blue2handle

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am

All I know is that we looked better when he played on his own in the CM than when Gunnar returned.

It might have been coincidence but that 10 game spell was as good as we played all season.
piledriver64

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:26 pm

piledriver64 wrote:All I know is that we looked better when he played on his own in the CM than when Gunnar returned.

It might have been coincidence but that 10 game spell was as good as we played all season.

He is a player that is only going to get better over the next few years If he had come through our academy we would be raving about him
Milkybarkid

Postby phildavies » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Hope this happens as he was very useful player his height in midfield helped out many times rarely lost an Arial duel
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Family Stand Man » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 pm

He played a CDM role who could transition to CAM. He can play a pass, break up play and tackle. It’s “The Dog” role in a team. He did it well and oozed quality. Personally, I thought he made Gunnerson look every inch the Championship player he is. Klopp knows what he has signed and how he can get him to a first team slot. It just depends if he kicks on and grabs a first team slot at Liverpool.
Family Stand Man

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:48 am

Family Stand Man wrote:He played a CDM role who could transition to CAM. He can play a pass, break up play and tackle. It’s “The Dog” role in a team. He did it well and oozed quality. Personally, I thought he made Gunnerson look every inch the Championship player he is. Klopp knows what he has signed and how he can get him to a first team slot. It just depends if he kicks on and grabs a first team slot at Liverpool.

A friend of mine who is a Liverpool fan said he has played the 10 role before.
2blue2handle

Postby Dahboy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 am

Experienced prem midfielder no? This in my opinion is a bad signing. Anyone else agree.
Dahboy

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:27 am

Dahboy wrote:Experienced prem midfielder no? This in my opinion is a bad signing. Anyone else agree.

No - he is quality and as it is likely to be a loan it benefits all parties.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:31 am

Dahboy wrote:Experienced prem midfielder no? This in my opinion is a bad signing. Anyone else agree.

No. Anyone currently at the World Cup for a top 30 ranked team is food enough in my books.
Wayne S

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 am

Wayne S wrote:

No. Anyone currently at the World Cup for a top 30 ranked team is food enough in my books.

Gunnarsson then? :laughing6:

who at least captains his nation and doesnt carry the bags like Grujic does
paulh_85

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:12 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Gunnarsson then? :laughing6:

Yep, he'll do as well or that Rakitic fella. :lol:
Wayne S

Postby jimmy_rat » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:19 pm

jimmy_rat

Postby Scoularfan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Yea lets have him back ,we almost blew it with a half fit Gunnarsson in the side :bluescarf:
Scoularfan

Return to General Chat