Rating our present strikers

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Lengee » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:23 pm

We all hope that Zahore will make the step up next season. Let's hope we get a quality striker to help make the difference. BUT what do we make of Madine Ward and Bogle.
Can any of them develop into a player at Prem level??
And if not what do we do with them? Sell? Loan? Keep?
Ward should still be here as he looked promising and I was at Forest when he got a cracker, but.....the others?????
I appreciate that Bogle prob won't even get the chance to make it, but is Madine any better? He seemed slow and one dimensional in the Championship!
:bluebird:
Lengee

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Rating our present strikers

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:12 am

Lengee wrote:We all hope that Zahore will make the step up next season. Let's hope we get a quality striker to help make the difference. BUT what do we make of Madine Ward and Bogle.
Ward should still be here as he looked promising and I was at Forest when he got a cracker, but.....the others?????
I appreciate that Bogle prob won't even get the chance to make it, but is Madine any better? He seemed slow and one dimensional in the Championship!

I'd prefer to see Bogle given a chance than Madine who appears to have no confidence at all, Ward deserves a chance as he has scored goals wherever he has been, Ken is probably mo more than a 10 goal striker, so we need someone proven and it will be Warnock's most important signing for me.
Bluebird For Life

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Lengee wrote:We all hope that Zahore will make the step up next season. Let's hope we get a quality striker to help make the difference. BUT what do we make of Madine Ward and Bogle.

I'd prefer to see Bogle given a chance than Madine who appears to have no confidence at all, Ward deserves a chance as he has scored goals wherever he has been, Ken is probably mo more than a 10 goal striker, so we need someone proven and it will be Warnock's most important signing for me.

Totally agree that we need a proven striker. Can’t belive that there are a few fans that would be happy to go into a Premiership season with Just Zohore, Madine & Ward. Think Zohore could do well, however both Madine & Ward are really untested at this level and have not set the world alight whilst at City. No goals = relegation.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 am

We are obviously not going to be able to afford a prolific striker

But we do need someone who is going to score between 10-15 goals if we don’t we will almost certainly be relegated

Zohore could possibly do it, our other present stikers almost certainly not

This will be Warnocks most important signing
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:35 am

I think Bogle and Pilks will go if possible.

Zohore plus another to fight it out for a starting place. Medine and Ward will then have their uses in certain games and from the bench. He may keep Healy as well as back up to the bench.
2blue2handle

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:08 am

Our current strikers are wank and we won’t score many goals in the Prem with them, zahore May get 3/4 goals.
BobbyBlue

Postby bluebirdredbird » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 am

BobbyBlue wrote:Our current strikers are wank and we won’t score many goals in the Prem with them, zahore May get 3/4 goals.

I agree to a certain extent that they are not good enough but i wouldnt say wank.
bluebirdredbird

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:I think Bogle and Pilks will go if possible.

Zohore plus another to fight it out for a starting place. Medine and Ward will then have their uses in certain games and from the bench. He may keep Healy as well as back up to the bench.

I would also keep Healy. Bogle has pace and that is something that is important in the prem and he seems to know where the goal is, so I would keep him as he is an unknown quantity. If he can just keep his discipline he could be a useful asset. Pilks is a difficult one as he gets his head down and works when he gets his chance but is not going to be a starter and is probably one of our higher earners - I am not sure we can justify keeping him.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Lengee » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:53 am

I tend to agree with most of the posts following my OT.
Zahore keep and fingers crossed could do well.
Ward (not had a proper go yet due to injury)and Bogle (has speed should develop)- worth keeping...I doubt if Bogle will get a chance, but he had something about him. If they don't develop try to loan out.

Madine (no pace aand not prem quality imo) and Pilks (thanks but not getting any younger and work rate questionable).
Conclusion sell Madine (even Warnock gets some things wrong), and sell Pilks prob high salary).
Put the money towards a new striker who works hard, young and with Pre m quality and just about in our price range.
Suggestion Tammy Abrahams.
.....Right that's sorted time for a paned (cup of tea). :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:25 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:

If Ken gets 10 goals this season then he has done one dam good job. :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 am

Tend to agree, we are looking for that striker to get us 10-12 goals if possible.
2blue2handle

Postby soldierblue1880 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:09 pm

With the exception of Zahore I would definitely sell or loan out the others simply because they are not or ever will be Premiership quality
soldierblue1880

Postby Lengee » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:06 pm

....And Tammy Abrahams as a shout for new striker.
Young quick and showed he could play at Pre m level even in a poor Swansea Town team :thumbup: :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby Lengee » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:22 pm

To get TAMMY ABRAHAM Mr Warnock, you know it makes sense. He has the right profile and his value will only go up!!!!!
I've :bluebird: found a link of some interest!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... ol-1591887
Lengee

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:22 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Totally agree that we need a proven striker. Can’t belive that there are a few fans that would be happy to go into a Premiership season with Just Zohore, Madine & Ward. Think Zohore could do well, however both Madine & Ward are really untested at this level and have not set the world alight whilst at City. No goals = relegation.

They are all untested, nobody knows, Ward and Madine could turn around step up and be class, Zohore couldo bottle it, only time will tell.
RV Casual

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

They are all untested, nobody knows, Ward and Madine could turn around step up and be class, Zohore couldo bottle it, only time will tell.

Have you seen anything so far from Madine or Ward to suggest that could be the case? I hope that you are right however the Premiership is a totally different scenario than the Championship. A lot tougher to score. So generally players that don’t do it in the Championship don’t tend to do it in the Premiership.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:53 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Have you seen anything so far from Madine or Ward to suggest that could be the case? I hope that you are right however the Premiership is a totally different scenario than the Championship. A lot tougher to score. So generally players that don’t do it in the Championship don’t tend to do it in the Premiership.

I have not seen anything so far to suggest any of our strikers will do much at Premiership level. Hopefully, we will sign a striker during the Summer, but Warnock is going to have be a bit special considering the small budget he is working with. I don't think our squad is true Premiership standard at the minute, but hopefully a few more in over the next few weeks will give us a fighting chance of staying above the bottom three. I'm sure Warnock knows what he wants, but not always easy persuading players to come to S Wales knowing that they will probably be involved in a battle to stay in the top flight.
Steve Zodiak

Postby montyblue » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Zohore was' nt wanted by his country in the world cup he is also new to the prem i think he will do ok but its more hope that makes me say that, but if we have anything left from the budget a large portion of that in my opinion should be spent on a striker 10/ 15 million 5 mill only gets madine and thats a measure of what you get for your money don't want to rubbish the lad but its a fact.
montyblue

Postby RV Casual » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:07 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Well Madine scored more goals last season than Zohore predominantly playing for a team in the bottom 4 for most of the season whilst Zohore was playing for a team hardly out of the top 3.

Danny Wards goals to game ratio was 1 in 4.5, Zohore's was 1 in 4.

You said yourself that players that don't do it in the Championship don't tend to do it in the Premiership, I think you would have to class Zohore in that myself, I wouldn't say he's 'done' it in the Championship and for me is one of the most overrated players I'v seen down here in years (I hope he proves me wrong).
RV Casual

Postby joeywills98 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Lengee wrote:To get TAMMY ABRAHAM Mr Warnock, you know it makes sense. He has the right profile and his value will only go up!!!!!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... ol-1591887
Abraham is garbage
joeywills98

Postby Lengee » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:59 pm

joeywills98 wrote:
Lengee wrote:To get TAMMY ABRAHAM Mr Warnock, you know it makes sense. He has the right profile and his value will only go up!!!!!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... ol-1591887[/quote Abraham is garbage

I think you are confusing fact and opinion.
Fact is based on evidence. E.g. Number of goals scored for Bristol, recognized by a major club as an emerging talent, playing well in a poor team etc etc

Whereas an opinion can be valid or a load of bo**ocks. Imho your opinion is "garbage"!! :ayatollah: :thumbup: :wave: the

I bet he will be worth a lot more in 12 months than he is now.
Lengee

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:19 pm

The fact is he got 5 Prem goals last season, don't see him fitting in with our style either.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:28 pm

Lengee wrote:
joeywills98 wrote:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... ol-1591887[/quote Abraham is garbage

Fact is based on evidence. E.g. Number of goals scored for Bristol, recognized by a major club as an emerging talent, playing well in a poor team etc etc

Whereas an opinion can be valid or a load of bo**ocks. Imho your opinion is "garbage"!! :ayatollah: :thumbup: :wave: the

what exactly have you seen in Tammy that makes you think him a good fit for us.?
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:47 pm

not sure how all these strikers fit into a named squad of 25.??????????
dogfound

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Most will call me crazy but I have a funny feeling Madine might well come good. :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:06 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Most will call me crazy but I have a funny feeling Madine might well come good. :ayatollah:

did a job mate..maybe should have scored the pen plus 1 other but spent most of his time isolated trying to shield balls launched from 70 yards away. i keep reading he was low in confidence as if he was missing lots of chances but he kept winning the ball which was his job.
dogfound

Postby Lengee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am

dogfound wrote:
Lengee wrote:
joeywills98 wrote:

what exactly have you seen in Tammy that makes you think him a good fit for us.?

That's a fair question.....
I think he
1/ can score goals -26 in 43 at a lower level for Bristol City.
2/has years experience in the Pre m and I thought he did in a poor team struggling to stay up. He now knows the Prem and it's requirements unlike our other strikers.
3/has shown technical ability - also otherwise he wouldn't be on Chelseas books
4/has decent pace - vital for Pre m strikera
For the above reasons he would do a job for most Pre m teams outside the top 5
Why could be fit us? Again for the above reasons AND for Warnock
5/is tall strong and athletic and can win his share of headers
6/he seems to have a good work rate and not aware of queries about attitude
7/ he is adaptable to what NW wants - he will get better
Finally, if we went back down he's still have a good resale value unlike some of the 30 years plus strikers others have mentioned. IMHO HE will be worth a lot lot more in 2 or 3 years.I
(Then again I could be wrong :roll: ....we'll see :thumbup:
Lengee

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:11 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Most will call me crazy but I have a funny feeling Madine might well come good. :ayatollah:

I certainly think he will have his uses over the season. Wouldn't be looking to offload him.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat